• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Lol I wonder what the minimum buy rate is to earn those points .

Holy shiet is Melendez not worth the terms of that deal. Bellator needs to continually put up big numbers when fighters are out of their contract, perfect scheme to push UFC down

Heel

Hard to tell the tone from what I'm reading on Twitter, but it it appears as though Joe Rogan is giving Schaub a healthy dose of the ether when it comes to his fighting career. I've gotta hear this.

Fight_Ghost @Fight_Ghost · 38m 38 minutes ago
Not a fan of Rogan, but he is dishing real shit on Schaub right now. “You looked stiff, you didn’t look like an elite fighter”.

“You are a smart dude. You know about concussions you have had. The reality is, I don’t see you beating elite guys. You have no fluidity”

Schaub says “I beat Cro-Cop”. Rogan dismisses it. “Are you comfortable getting knocked out 3-4 times in the next few years”

Rogan: “This is just reality. I know this is hard to hear”. Schaub looks near tears. Musters up “You are my boy Joe, but I don’t agree”.

“15 minutes with an elite fighter. You can’t do that. Your brain doesn’t get better from punches. Werdum, Cain is another level than you.”

Schaub totally silent now. Rogan tells him “it sucks to hear, right”.

oh gahd damn

Heel

Fight_Ghost ‏@Fight_Ghost 5m5 minutes ago
Callen and Rogan laughing and joking about CM Punk fighting Cris Angel. Schaub not laughing, he still looks devastated.

lol

Heel

Schaub, outside of the top 15, is pondering his future Reebok pay based on his popularity. "Do I get paid more than, say, Anthony Hamilton?"

Sponsors wouldn't touch him after the Reebok announcement, lost 6. Lowest pay in 13 fights.

Hard times, dadday.

B4X9QksIQAA9i4x.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Does Joe Rogan want Schaub to walk out? He's going in hard.

He just said you can make more money making clothes than fighting as well. He just went hard into Dana too.

Heel

Does Joe Rogan want Schaub to walk out? He's going in hard.

He just said you can make more money making clothes than fighting as well. He just went hard into Dana too.

Joe Rogan just compared Schaub's career to eating dick on stage as a comic, with no way of getting better.

"You're telling me I eat..."

Then Joe cut him off.

lmao

dem

Jesus Christ

Rogan was BRUTAL

BAD idea for a podcast. Really bad idea. I knew it was going to be awkward as fuck before it started.

Heel

Even if it's true, it's funnier to read than to actually watch. Schaub is a completely broken man. He sounds destroyed.

industrian

Schaub bit back: "You're never gonna be Chris Rock, go work in Starbucks." Jesus Christ, this is uncomfortable viewing.

I'm looking forward to Rogan's commentary on the next Schaub fight.

And all these awkward pauses make me think that the video is buffering.

Schaub bit back: "You're never gonna be Chris Rock, go work in Starbucks." Jesus Christ, this is uncomfortable viewing.

Bruce Buffering!

No no no, first off that comment wasn't even a hypothetical to Rogan. I listened to it. He was telling the other guy on the podcast how he'd feel if Rogan (or anyone) would say that to him in order to have him stop doing comedy .

Hard to tell the tone from what I'm reading on Twitter, but it it appears as though Joe Rogan is giving Schaub a healthy dose of the ether when it comes to his fighting career. I've gotta hear this.

Not a fan of Rogan, but he is dishing real shit on Schaub right now. “You looked stiff, you didn’t look like an elite fighter”.

“You are a smart dude. You know about concussions you have had. The reality is, I don’t see you beating elite guys. You have no fluidity”

Schaub says “I beat Cro-Cop”. Rogan dismisses it. “Are you comfortable getting knocked out 3-4 times in the next few years”

Rogan: “This is just reality. I know this is hard to hear”. Schaub looks near tears. Musters up “You are my boy Joe, but I don’t agree”.

“15 minutes with an elite fighter. You can’t do that. Your brain doesn’t get better from punches. Werdum, Cain is another level than you.”

oh gahd damn

Good. Somebody at some point needs to be honest with these guys if their managers and teams won't be before their brains turn into steamed broccoli.

dem

I'm wondering if that podcast is even going to be posted..

It's still not up on ustream. Doubt Schaub wants it out there.

iddqd

The Chris Rock comeback is exactly the kind of come back you would expect from guy like Schaub.
Exited to listen to the podcast later.
89HANHgh.jpg

industrian

No no no, first off that comment wasn't even a hypothetical to Rogan. I listened to it.

So was I.

For context: it wasn't directly aimed at Rogan. He was comparing the Dutch Uncle treatment he was getting to the relatively tame "man, you weren't that good" comment that Rogan apparently gave to Bryan after his special.

It was still pretty harsh. You didn't need to read between the lines that much to realise it was Schaub's comeback.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

oh gahd damn
I wish more people would tell fighters in over their head how it is. No point in getting concussed a dozen times over and getting your brain turned into mush.

That goes double for Shogoon and Hendo.

Heel

I wish more people would tell fighters in over their head how it is. No point in getting concussed a dozen times over and getting your brain turned into mush.

Schaub went on to say that it's easy for them to say because they're set for life. Mere moments later, he was forced to participate in an interstitial advertisement.

"...you get two weeks free."

It was one of the most brutal moments I have ever seen captured by a camera.

TheChits

Schaub went on to say that it's easy for them to say because they're set for life. Mere moments later, he was forced to participate in an interstitial advertisement.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

eesh
Rogan marked the video private...

Someone has a copy though.. It was on Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4uesqle25...omedy.flv?dl=1

Got too busy though
damn it's getting hammered atm

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Wiki vandals strike again *edit* boo. Its been vandalized back into correctness. I'll just leave this tasteless
photograph here instead

DNaCki5.jpg

I like Schaub. I'd rather see him commentating than Stann, and ya, I don't want to see him get brain damage. I don't mind seeing Struve and Reem give each other more damage. It's too late for them anyway.

Invicta was so good. I heard Waterson got upset so wasn't looking forward to seeing it, but it was super exciting.

Now on to watch last week's ONE.

i read browne said that's what you get for talking shit right after his fight with schaub was stopped.......
Browne said some of the dumbest stuff i've heard at a UFC presser and that's really tough to pull off.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have to hear this Joe Rogan shit. Sounds more entertaining than Raw was tonight. Smh...

I just wonder where Punk's fight will be on the card. Because surely he won't be headlining at this stage.

Ideally he would be the 3rd fight on the main card behind two title fights in order to both drive up PPV buys and to let the new audience (guys watching for Punk) see some high-level fights.

But this is the UFC we're talking about here. Punk's gonna be headlining a Fight Night event against Joe Soto's big brother, with the co-main being Smile'n Sam Alvey vs. Angel DeAnda or some shit.

Punk will be a co-main. You're forgetting we live in an era where shit like El Cucuy vs. Danny Castillo is a PPV co-main.

Lazyslob

Banned
just listened to the podcast and it wasnt as awkward as i thought but joe really could have told him the shit he did in a better way. but yeah damn schaub has been knocked out like 4 or 5 times already

i read browne said that's what you get for talking shit right after his fight with schaub was stopped.......

travis browne is a moron. he said he wants to have a rematch with werdum and i would like to see it for no other reason than to watch werdum clown on him again.

Guru-Guru

Banned
travis browne is a moron. he said he wants to have a rematch with werdum and i would like to see it for no other reason than to watch werdum clown on him again.
Instead of a quick KO, I would love to see Werdum beat him down for five whole rounds once more.

I listened to last Monday's MMA Hour where Edward T kind of said Trevor didn't know how to box, had poor cardio (Ed isn't really a BJJ or wrestling guy so he probably held off on commenting).

Travis has heart. I loved his comeback on Overeem. And he hung in there longer than I thought he would with a technically more competent fighter in Werdum.

I'd like to see a Brown/Barnett rematch.

industrian

There's a lot of potential fights at HW now. Personally I'd like to see:

Arlovski vs. JDS/Stipe (potential No. 1 contender fight - unless it's JDS who comes out on top.)
Browne vs. Rothwell
Overeem/Struve vs. Barnett
Bigfoot vs. Nelson (even if Mir beats Bigfoot)
Gonzaga/Mitrione vs. Oleinik
Schaub vs. Rosholt

Well,

I think Rogan himself has changed his stance after having guests on like Rhonda Patrick. On her latest appearance ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnO1hXvAV2c&index=31&list=UUzQUP1qoWDoEbmsQxvdjxgQ ) you could just see how horrified he becomes as she goes into detail about how much damage, even micro concussions will fuck you up. He's mentioned many times how watching friends getting headkicked the fuck out in his TaeKwonDo days was some of the most uncomfortable shit he had ever seen.

They even get into it. Rhonda at one point goes; - Fighters should know if they are in the increased % of people who will much more easily develop permanent brain damage (like herself, and 25% of the general population).

Rogan then answers, that it wouldn't matter as many fighters feel that they are the exceptions to the rule. A true warrior with a heart of champion, and they will make it, and deal with it when the time comes.

Top Bottom