• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Joe Rogan is a piece of shit. It's hilarious listening to him chastise Callen for lecturing others and not being aware of how he comes off when Rogan is a million times worse.

A live podcast 2 days after a humiliating loss wasn't the time for an intervention. yeah, Brendan agreed to come on and talk about his loss, but I doubt he knew what he was in for -- this is the type of thing you do in private.

Joe doesn't give a shit about Shaub; this is just another opportunity for him to play life coach and pretend he has his shit together. That he uses his show as a platform for charlatans and snake oil + brain pill sales disgusts me, but I'm more disgusted by how he treats his supposed friends.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Joe Rogan is a piece of shit. It's hilarious listening to him chastise Callen for lecturing others and not being aware of how he comes off when Rogan is a million times worse.

A live podcast 2 days after a humiliating loss wasn't the time for an intervention. yeah, Brendan agreed to come on and talk about his loss, but I doubt he knew what he was in for -- this is the type of thing you do in private.

Joe doesn't give a shit about Shaub; this is just another opportunity for him to play life coach and pretend he has his shit together. That he uses his show as a platform for charlatans and snake oil + brain pill sales disgusts me, but I'm more disgusted by how he treats his supposed friends.

You gonna be alright man. It's ok.
Onnit.com warrior bar 15% off when you type in ROGAN in the promo code box.

iddqd

Interesting to see how much people hate on Rogan after this.
Felt way less harsh in audio then in text and I do think they make good points (about his chances of getting knocked out, not about him being a funny storyteller).

The Onnit stuff is not super classy BUT I actually like the fact that Rogan seems to be able to change his opinion on fighting. He is getting older, science is bringing new facts... it would be weird if you stay the same course.

Listening to the MMA HOUR currently and its a lot more annoying to hear UFC paid journalists/athletes justify the CM Punk signing (as anything else then entertainment).
Saying that it was embarrassing to see Jordan try baseball but that this is different because the UFC is not a league.
KJ Noons asks" But CM Punk is a black belt right?"
Helwani: "No, he has trained though"
KJ Noons (quiet for a moment): "well.. he has eyes right? thats all you need!"

BSsBrolly

Banned
Interesting to see how much people hate on Rogan after this.
Felt way less harsh in audio then in text and I do think they make good points (about his chances of getting knocked out, not about him being a funny storyteller).

The Onnit stuff is not super classy BUT I actually like the fact that Rogan seems to be able to change his opinion on fighting. He is getting older, science is bringing new facts... it would be weird if you stay the same course.

Listening to the MMA HOUR currently and its a lot more annoying to hear UFC paid journalists/athletes justify the CM Punk signing (as anything else then entertainment).
Saying that it was embarrassing to see Jordan try baseball but that this is different because the UFC is not a league.

Lol

I agree 100% with the bolded. Schaub is not funny at all.

I personally can't stand the onnit shit. It's all over priced garbage.

Why do you feel this? What makes you say that Joe doesn't give a shit about Shaub?

Schaub brings joy to all his fans when he fights . #Cantbreath

My main problem with Schaub has always been his Metamoris performance. And why he defended it like he did, I thought was stupid. It's one of the worst displays of sportmanship I have seen in recent memory ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEo3GMH66Q8#t=155 )

He still seems like a solid guy though.. It's always hard to watch an athlete or anyone else who is past their prime or nearing theirs, and having have to come to terms with the state of things. Hell, that shit is in our story soon too. Not to long from now, you're gonna be running up a flight of stairs and it's going to hit you like a truck "why the fuck am I so winded?".

Father time is undefeated. It's the tragedy of all athletes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't get why he had to make it a point to tell him that he's shit though. the message stands without it.
He's in a division where the heaviest swings get thrown and he's prone to eating shots and being reckless in the standup.

They tease me. Sometimes people think I’m gay. A lot of people have asked me if I’m gay. I answer, “Look, not to my knowledge. But I’m still young, it could be that in the future I’ll find out that I’m gay. I take good care of my things, I put everything in a bag, I use soap, I put on a cream after training. People think it’s capricious. To each his own. Doesn’t mean you’re more man or less man, more gay or less gay.

Lazyslob

Banned
My main problem with Schaub has always been his Metamoris performance. And why he defended it like he did, I thought was stupid. It's one of the worst displays of sportmanship I have seen in recent memory ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEo3GMH66Q8#t=155 )

He still seems like a solid guy though.. It's always hard to watch an athlete or anyone else who is past their prime or nearing theirs, and having have to come to terms with the state of things. Hell, that shit is in our story soon too. Not to long from now, you're gonna be running up a flight of stairs and it's going to hit you like a truck "why the fuck am I so winded?".

Father time is undefeated. It's the tragedy of all athletes.

omg good thing im not an athlete :p

Joe is obnoxious. Hes done a good job of building his little cult and ever since he found his little sidekick there he doesnt need any toilet paper anymore.

Pathetic...

Next

He's in a division where the heaviest swings get thrown and he's prone to eating shots and being reckless in the standup.

see, even the way you put it is already a million times better. Joe just likes to feel like he's alpha so he has to talk down to others.

Joe is obnoxious. Hes done a good job of building his little cult and ever since he found his little sidekick there he doesnt need any toilet paper anymore.

Pathetic...
Joe actually lost cred when he called UFC Mexico and he saw a high elbow guillotine for the first time. Dude, you're a black belt in gi and no-gi and don't know what a high elbow guillotine is? Joe has been off the mats for way too long.

Just saw this. MJ played baseball In high school. And his shot at playing baseball took placed in the minor league. Could the white Sox have called him up to the majors to play, sure? Eventually fans would've seen through it like they'll see through he UFC cash grab. It's too bad there isn't a WEC or they at least do t make him do a metamoris and some minor league fights prior to calling him up but this is a strike while it's hot operation as Phil's career will probably be a short one.

VoxPop

Now that I think about it, Punk should've just done a Metamoris bout instead before his UFC debut.

Whatever happened to the great Rin Nakai? Was she cut after losing to Tate?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Now that I think about it, Punk should've just done a Metamoris bout instead before his UFC debut.

Whatever happened to the great Rin Nakai? Was she cut after losing to Tate?

Still there
http://www.ufc.com/fighter/rin-Nakai

I see they do employ Pagan Min from Far Cry 4, though
http://www.ufc.com/fighter/larissa-pacheco
LarissaPacheco_Headshot.png

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Happy belated. I'll make some calls and see if the doc will ship you your trt kit internationally.
Nah man, he's over there in Asia where he can get that good good that Sylvester Stallone and Cung Le get.

I'm in Scotland until February. And with our 100%-free healthcare I'd have to go to my doctor looking like an overweight Ru Paul with bitchtits sagging to my knees in order to get put on dat dere TRT. :/

Top Bottom