• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

iddqd

Who do you even give to Rampage? I think he lost against a super terrible King Mo.
What kind of tired sluggers are at 205 in the UFC?

Heel

Rampage is back in the UFC for some reason

danaillegal.gif

"For those wondering, UFC has lost its feed from Brazil, so until they get it, we're going to watch a PPV from earlier this year." - dave meltzer on twitter

that was odd

Gagnon did way better than I thought he would.

Until he gassed and tried to win rounds with the wrestling.

I see Barao never getting his belt back from either TJ or Cruz. He looked like straight doo-doo.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm just wondering who Rampage will fight when he gets back.

The only thing I can think of is Rampage vs. Shogun headlining a Japan event.

You don't think Bellator is going to throw an injunction/dispute the UFC contract?

I'd be interested to see how this shakes out. He has a legitimate claim if there was promises of PPV percentages, etc. But didn't Tito make $300K for his last fight? I can't see why Rampage has an issue with the Bellator contract. He was coming off of three straight losses in the UFC and just didn't seem like he could compete against current crop of LHW. He's a name though.

Give Rampage legacy fights

-Page vs Shogun 2
-Page vs Hendo 2
-Page vs Lil Nog

And lets see what happens to Vitor if he beats Weidman or not because id love to see Page vs Vitor

Belfort would kill Rampage. Granted he's been on PEDs/TRT the last few years but he's been on a tear except for his fights against the MW and LHW champions.

A Rampage fight today would be similar to the Diaz/Dos Anjos fight from last weekend. Poor takedown defense, no ground game, little to no leg kicks and just throwing jabs or trying to throw bombs.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Rampage and Phil Brooks. 2015 is looking up fellas. Good on the UFC brass for showing more of a focus on entertainment. Let's see how their matchmaking goes.

Rampage and Phil Brooks. 2015 is looking up fellas. Good on the UFC brass for showing more of a focus on entertainment. Let's see how their matchmaking goes.

45 events, oversaturating blah, blah, need compelling names to generate interest and sensationalist PPV promotions.

Rampage would get scorched by almost the Top 10. Here's the UFC hokey ranking:

Champion : Jon Jones

1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Daniel Cormier
3 Anthony Johnson
4 Rashad Evans
5 Phil Davis
6 Glover Teixeira
7 Ryan Bader

^^^^ Most of these guys have a solid wrestling base and solid striking to either finish or obtain a decision on Jackson.

8 Dan Henderson
8 Ovince Saint Preux
10 Jimi Manuwa

^^^Can't really speak for these guys. But Rampage should've stayed and gotten that Money from Bellator to defeat cans. We've already seen the year on year decline of UFC PPVs. They're not drawing 400,000 to 1 million buys anymore.

industrian

Fuck, just make Rampage vs Shogun happen please UFC gods.

The ideal card for the next UFC Japan event:

Shogun vs. Rampage
Barnett vs. Big Nog 3
Hendo vs. Little Nog 2
Hunt vs. Overeem 2

I'd buy Fight Pass for that. That and I imagine it would be the best time for half of those guys to retire.

iddqd

The ideal card for the next UFC Japan event:

Shogun vs. Rampage
Barnett vs. Big Nog 3
Hendo vs. Little Nog 2
Hunt vs. Overeem 2

I'd buy Fight Pass for that. That and I imagine it would be the best time for half of those guys to retire.

Afterwards, they all have to go on the Rogan podcast and get the Schaub reality injection.
Even fucking Shogun is still talking about getting the belt. He should have gone down to 185 a long time ago.
Oh well..

industrian

Shogun should have cut to 185 immediately after Jones vasectomized him. But it's too late for him. Even if he still has the willpower to compete, his body can't and his chin is cracked. I doubt he'd be able to hang with the Kennedys and Philippous let alone the Weidmans of the division.

I'd say that he should go home and work for his brother, but low oil prices may force Ninja back in the game. Ninja vs. Shlemenko in 2015. Believe.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
It's obviously a few years late but I'd like to see Rashad vs Shogun. It's the only match-up of the "new old guard" at LHW (Rampage, Hendo, Machida, Shogun, Rashad) that hasn't happened (also, Hendo is the only one that Jones didn't fight).

Top Bottom