• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

cotdamn at that weigh in video. It never ceases to amaze me how huge Jon is compared to his competition. Even a guy that is a natural HW in Cormier.

VoxPop

Pretty hyped for the fight. I really want Cormier to bring it to Bones and just push him into the next tier. Still hoping for a definitive Bones win though.

Bunch of my friends are coming over tomorrow; none of them even real MMA fans give or take one or two peeps, just to watch the fight (most being enamored by the brawl) and I'm just hoping any LnP/cage clinching is avoided. That's usually never the case though. Hopefully Cerrone/Jury also deliver and it's just an all around good event.

Thankfully if it's good, they have a lot to look forward to this month like Silva/Diaz. The UFC has read been neglecting the casual viewer and this is probably their last chance to win them back minus the upcoming CM Punk debut.

BadAss2961

cotdamn at that weigh in video. It never ceases to amaze me how huge Jon is compared to his competition. Even a guy that is a natural HW in Cormier.
Cormier should be a lot bigger tomorrow after he hydrates. But yeah, it's often overlooked what a huge LHW Jones is. As a result, he's usually a lot stronger than his opponent. His build is his greatest advantage.

The thing about Cormier is that he's used to muscling around huge heavyweights bigger and stronger than Jones. Jones could get fucked up depending on how much strength is left in DC after cutting so much weight. Hendo is one thing, but Jones is basically a legit heavyweight on fight night.

YaGaMi

Next

I'm on the DC train. Jon is getting ragdolled tonight. The only thing that makes me doubt it is the fact that I predicted it.

Jonny Bones is and should be the favorite tonight.

But if he loses, man, his stock is so fucked. If Cormier loses, it's not as damaging to him. Jones is legitimately good, but Cormier has fully exposed Jonny for the asshole carny that he now evidently is. If he then beats him in a fight too...

Jones is going to come out of it looking horrendous.

If he wins, especially if he takes Cormier down a bunch, then he's just cocky.

Corn seems like a damn caged animal once he has gotten a hold of you. If Jones can withstand that (should it happen), then he deserves praise. I've only fought local talent, so it's not like I have any clue what someone of that caliber feels like to face, but it seems like a daunting task

One of those "one fuck up and you're done" type situations.
If he wins, especially if he takes Cormier down a bunch, then he's just cocky.
Not only would he cocky, he'd be right.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Tim Sylvia was supposed to fight at Super Heavyweight tonight.

He weighed in at 371lbs.

Lz2Fk2B.jpg

Surprisingly, he didn't pass his medical and the fight was scrapped.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ti...ce-to-Compete-at-Reality-Fighting-Event-79689

iddqd

Sylvia will join Bellator in 3, 2 -

No OT? Excited for the fights even though I feel that all of the 2982 January events could have made 2 proper PPVs instead of so much cluster.

Sylvia will join Bellator in 3, 2 -

No OT? Excited for the fights even though I feel that all of the 2982 January events could have made 2 proper PPVs instead of so much cluster.
I'd make one but I'm on mobile and it would be terrible. Well it'd be terrible regardless, but it would be even more terrible. You should make it!

Tim Sylvia was supposed to fight at Super Heavyweight tonight.

He weighed in at 371lbs.

Lz2Fk2B.jpg

Surprisingly, he didn't pass his medical and the fight was scrapped.
I thought that was Tank Abbott until I started reading.

Cormier should be a lot bigger tomorrow after he hydrates. But yeah, it's often overlooked what a huge LHW Jones is. As a result, he's usually a lot stronger than his opponent. His build is his greatest advantage.

The thing about Cormier is that he's used to muscling around huge heavyweights bigger and stronger than Jones. Jones could get fucked up depending on how much strength is left in DC after cutting so much weight. Hendo is one thing, but Jones is basically a legit heavyweight on fight night.

Thanks for going out on a limb there.

Also, we're a mere hours away from Jones completely derailing the DC hype train. I just hope he does it via KO/Sub so we don't have to endure months of whining about a rematch.

Wish fulfilled. Also I think Goldie broke a record last night for starting adjectives with 'ultra'.

MjFrancis

I watched the main card at a Sports bar on Saturday until the Cerrone fight was over. I'm glad Cowboy won but that was probably his least entertaining match ever. Still good, mind you, but not outstanding. Round one and the final moments of round three were great but everything else was just filler on Cowboy's part. I was pretty sure that he was going to finish that fight, too.

I found out that Jones won yesterday and wasn't too surprised. I don't suppose that I missed much, did I? Probably should have watched the prelims, though.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I watched the main card at a Sports bar on Saturday until the Cerrone fight was over. I'm glad Cowboy won but that was probably his least entertaining match ever. Still good, mind you, but not outstanding. Round one and the final moments of round three were great but everything else was just filler on Cowboy's part. I was pretty sure that he was going to finish that fight, too.

I found out that Jones won yesterday and wasn't too surprised. I don't suppose that I missed much, did I? Probably should have watched the prelims, though.

Im confused. Youre blaming the guy who put on a jitz clinic and almost ko'd the other guy for the lack of activity? Maybe Cowboy should learn to throw sonic booms then?

Cerrone said that the kicks at the end were 'fuck you' kicks to punish Jury for running away and making their fight boring (translation: depriving Cerrone of a FOTN bonus)

Anyone who has seen Cowboy's 10 fights last year would have seen that head kick coming but Jury still ate it and kept going. He should be cut for not following the script.

Cowboy and Bendo already did a trilogy in WEC didn't they?

EDIT: Nope, not a trilogy - they fought twice and Benson won both times. Ahh WEC when Britney was all natural and Jose Aldo was exciting. Also, bring back the small cage dammit!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Cowboy vs Benson next up. Always happy to see more cowboy

You gotta give Cerrone a lot of respect for this. He could have easily sat back and relaxed knowing that he's probably next after Dos Anjos, but he's putting himself in great danger by fighting Bendo this quickly.

If he wins, then he's next after Dos Anjos for sure.

If he loses, then Bendo vs. Nurmagomedov for No. 1 contender.

I can't hate on a rubber match between Bendo and Cowboy. Their WEC fights were epic, even though Bendo won both. I think his first with Cowboy is when he became known as Bendo cuz of how many deep subs he was caught in and still escaped.

Top Bottom