• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Kevin Iole @KevinI · 24h 24 hours ago
BTW, for those who care, Jones' T/E ratio was 0.29 to 1

ictor Conte @VictorConte · 1h 1 hour ago
IMO. T/E ratio results 4 @ufc Jon Jones are SUSPICIOUS. 3 urine samples given. T & E levels & T/E ratios all suppressed. CIR tests needed!

Victor Conte @VictorConte · 1h 1 hour ago
IMO. CIR testing of all 3 @ufc Jon Jones urine samples needed. Reduced T & E levels + T/E ratios could indicate exogenous testosterone use

Victor Conte @VictorConte · 1h 1 hour ago
Avg T/E ratio references. Asians .76 to 1, whites 1.2 to 1, blacks 1.3 to 1. @ufc Jon Jones 3 T/E tests were .29 to 1, .35 to 1, .19 to 1.

Alistair must have brought his horse meat to Albuquerque.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
When it rains it pours. It's funny, because I remember Jones being pretty condemning when Reem got popped, though I guess that's not unusual for him. Anyway, going by his last fight 250lb UberJones @ HW would wreck.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I expect the UFC and Jones to not even address the abnormally low T levels. If that random drug test came a week earlier he definitely would have been caught.

Dana and Lorenzo baby are thinking about aborting ship right now. Their face of the company not only got high but cheated as well.

Danas clients cant really get their shit done and get this thing rolling. I bet he regrets his dark words directed at the guy that brought the company some light.

The only thing that can save the UFC is a Anderson Silva win. If the semi-retarded Nicky boy finishes the ex champ...I dont know what to do...Ill be lost...

dream

Ken Shamrock, a worldwide recognized MMA fighter and UFC Hall of Famer, announces that he will fight UK’s bare knuckle legend, James Quinn. The bout is scheduled to happen April 2015 in the United Kingdom (details to be announced).

Bare Knuckle Boxing is the original form of boxing, closely related to ancient combat sports. Fighters do not wear gloves. Professional bouts are held today, and this underground sport is increasing in its popularity. The growing swell of the worldwide fan base is due to the raw nature of good old fashioned fistfights.

Along with fighting in the UFC, Shamrock also wrestled in the WWF and was the first ever Pancrase Heavyweight World Champion in Japan. With all his accomplishments in fighting, Shamrock is not done. Fighting is in his blood, and he still has the fire to do what he has always been passionate about.

Shamrock is in great health and feels invigorated by this opportunity to continue to compete and to continue giving back to his fans. Shamrock is going back to his roots as a fighter. Knowing his body well, Shamrock knows that his decision to re-enter the ring for the love of this sport is a sound decision. Shamrock adamantly believes that age should never be a restriction to any athlete. People can do amazing feats past their prime, if it’s a priority to them.

Shamrock knows that Bare Knuckle Boxing is a sport with great potential to grow well beyond where the sport is today. His involvement in this sport is to show support and help its success.

The technical performance drink, Shamrock Slam, will be used to support Shamrock’s development through training.

Ken Shamrock, a worldwide recognized MMA fighter and UFC Hall of Famer, announces that he will fight UK’s bare knuckle legend, James Quinn. The bout is scheduled to happen April 2015 in the United Kingdom (details to be announced).

Bare Knuckle Boxing is the original form of boxing, closely related to ancient combat sports. Fighters do not wear gloves. Professional bouts are held today, and this underground sport is increasing in its popularity. The growing swell of the worldwide fan base is due to the raw nature of good old fashioned fistfights.

Along with fighting in the UFC, Shamrock also wrestled in the WWF and was the first ever Pancrase Heavyweight World Champion in Japan. With all his accomplishments in fighting, Shamrock is not done. Fighting is in his blood, and he still has the fire to do what he has always been passionate about.

Shamrock is in great health and feels invigorated by this opportunity to continue to compete and to continue giving back to his fans. Shamrock is going back to his roots as a fighter. Knowing his body well, Shamrock knows that his decision to re-enter the ring for the love of this sport is a sound decision. Shamrock adamantly believes that age should never be a restriction to any athlete. People can do amazing feats past their prime, if it’s a priority to them.

Shamrock knows that Bare Knuckle Boxing is a sport with great potential to grow well beyond where the sport is today. His involvement in this sport is to show support and help its success.

The technical performance drink, Shamrock Slam, will be used to support Shamrock’s development through training.

Shamrock will deny any of this next week...hes insane. He may be on Shamrock slam for christs sake...

iddqd

Some nice summaries of all the fuckery going on:
https://twitter.com/MikeChiappetta

I dont know guys, I thought 2014 was the shit year and that 2015 is going to be all roses but I guess we cant have nice things.

This and the whole CM Punk stuff feels like some elseworld comics. A more fun reality where stuff is crazy blatant and on the nose.

Vio-Lence

Banned
The Jones "coke" and PED scandal should be a litmus test for MMA journalists. That loser Ariel Helwani is failing big time. Bought and paid for.

Not a sport.

FUME5

What year is this?

B6zUPjSCAAAbPbP.jpg

FUME5

If you had told me Frank Mir would be headlining a show in 2015 I'd....nah, who am I kidding, none of their shit surprises me anymore.

When can we see the return of Matt Hughes?

MjFrancis

This post hits the nail on the head after all. The UFC wants this incident with Jon Jones to be the last.

Anderson Silva getting a 185# title shot after he beats a 170# who barely cuts weight tells us all we need to know about where the organization is at right now. They wish they could go back in time and run things more like PRIDE instead of pretending they are legitimate as their hand is forced to do today.

iddqd

The lack of coverage is telling. All these amateur analysts are afraid to get their press credentials pulled. What a joke.

Or, even worse, are in some form working for Fox/ The Man.

Like four time MMA Journalist of the Year Ariel Helwani,
Or any other person that has enough of an audience to be known.

I was listening to the Rogan podcast with Brian Stan and its a bit disheartening how careful they tip toe around company lines. They approach dangerous waters and then talk UFC PR to get out of them.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Doesn't Dan have some crazy blood pressure issues and stents in his heart?

He has Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. Which, according to him in this interview, sounds scarier than what it actually is.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/ufc-dan-hardy-aiming-fight-4926257

Explaining his reasoning behind not getting the surgery, Hardy said, "I wasn't really trusting the opinions I was getting from the doctors in the U.S. What with the set up of the health system over there, I didn't feel like a patient, I felt like a customer. I felt like the guy was trying to sell me a used car, it was really off-putting.

"I've never had a single symptom. I've never had a problem, so then when I go in there and they tell me that they want to start searching around in my heart for an extra heartbeat and electrocute it, that didn't sit well with me.

"A lot of other people who I've been speaking to who have Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, they know they've got it because they've had symptoms. I wouldn't have found out about this, not ever, if I wasn't competing. It's not something that's ever caused me a problem. Including amateur fights, I've probably had 300-350 fights. If it's not been a problem yet, why would it be a problem now?

"I've got to make the right decision for my health and I'm not getting the surgery for a career because I don't need to. It doesn't make any sense."

[...]

Hardy said, "Now I'm settled back in the UK again and my training is starting to be a bit more consistent, I'm looking to get cleared, to go and see the doctors and do whatever tests I need to do to prove to them I'm healthy to compete.

"I'd like a fight - at the end of this year would be nice but, if not, the beginning of the year after. But I'm in no real rush at the moment. I'm just enjoying the process of being back in the mixed martial arts net and loving it and not being caught up in the parade of who's in contention for the title and where I am in the rankings.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So, who's amped for the Machida Vs Rockhold fight?

The piss drinker vs the pillow fist has some nice alliteration.

It's nice to have a meaningful fight.

Outside of jobbing to Vitor, Rockhold has proven me wrong in his UFC run. Hopefully he ends the Machida Era once and for all.

If CM Punk wins does he get a title shot? I'd watch it

Machida is goin to clown Luke. Who y'all kidding?

I have a feeling that Rampages first fight will be aganist Shogun. Makes too much sense t this point

Top Bottom