• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

MjFrancis

If CM Punk wins does he get a title shot? I'd watch it
Of course he does. And I'd watch it too.

It took long enough, but I am fulling embracing a UFC that markets an Anderson Silva victory over Diaz as a necessary precursor to a title shot. You know why Wanderlei Silva was fun to watch in PRIDE? Because he was juiced up and outclassed the majority of his opponents. I won't bother watching Jon Jones because I don't know if it will be entertaining in the least anymore but I know Anderson Silva is going to put on a show.

I wonder what odds Vegas will put on punks first fight. Are the sports books known to buy into that sort of hype? Was Kimbo heavily favored in all of his strike force fights?

VoxPop

I wonder what odds Vegas will put on punks first fight. Are the sports books known to buy into that sort of hype? Was Kimbo heavily favored in all of his strike force fights?

They buy into hype but they're not stupid. Depends who he fights really but if its a decently skilled fighter I see him coming in at around +500 or higher.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
At this point I'm tempted to go on a big-ass training session for the next 6 months, get down to 185lbs, and petition Dana on Twitter to fight CM Punk.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

fy2YzL5.png

even favored against Kenny
Kimbo Slice (-350) vs Ken Shamrock (+280)

I honestly thought he retired after backing out of the Cormier fight. Had no idea he was still active until his most recent fight announcement. I also thought Koscheck was gone as well.

industrian

It's it amazing how inactive Rashad Evans has been the past 4 years? Dude like never fights

He fought three times in 2013 and twice in 2012. You just don't remember it because his fights in 2013 sucked and 2012 was basically him killing the UFC of Fox crowd by embarrassing Phil Davis and then having Jones go easy on him.

His injuries and inactivity from late 2010 to late 2012 cost him like a motherfucker though. In some alternate universe he LnP'd Shogun to a 50-44 at UFC 128, never left Jacksons, the Blackzillians never got started, and Jones could have become the 205 Rory MacDonald.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm glad the next 3 cards this month has at least 2-3 fights each on their respective main cards that I'm interested in.

Dying Of Thirst

Neo Member
I honestly thought he retired after backing out of the Cormier fight. Had no idea he was still active until his most recent fight announcement. I also thought Koscheck was gone as well.
Koscheck should have ritired by now like his rival GSP. He's now on a 3 fight losing streak and will get KO by Jake Ellenburger in UFC 184.

BSsBrolly

Banned
I love Joe Rogans podcast but I hate when he talks politics. His stance shifts convieniently to fit with whoever he's talking to. I had to delete the Brian Stann episode, couldn't finish it. The stupidity spewing from both of their mouthes was too much for me. I was really enjoying it up until that point too.

industrian

Dana needs to force retirement on Kos and Diego Sanchez and put them in the Hall Of Fame.

If Kos wants to continue fighting, then he should definitely consider dropping to 155. In olden times his fight with Ellenberger would be a loser-leaves-town match, but I figure they need as many "big names" as possible to prop up the 200 events they're running in the next 12 months.

As for Diego Sanchez, I imagine his brain is being donated to medical science. Possibly before he dies.

Lombard is like one step below gate keeper. Not sure what you'd call that. Can crusher? He's a guy that's going to look okay against absolute scrubs but probably doesn't stand much chance against a top contender.

iddqd

Lombard got rid of Shields for all of us, so lets give him credit for that!
Not a big fan personally of that fight, Lombard / Woodley seemed to have a lot more beef.

Rooting for Rory as Lombard is even worse of a an interview.

iddqd

Thinking about going to watch the UFC live in Montreal.
Have not been to a live event in a million years but I'm leaving Canada this year and I'm sure as fuck that there will be no UFC event in Germany for a long time.

Guess I'll wait and see, I hope Lombard/Rory is not the main event.

Thinking about going to watch the UFC live in Montreal.
Have not been to a live event in a million years but I'm leaving Canada this year and I'm sure as fuck that there will be no UFC event in Germany for a long time.

Guess I'll wait and see, I hope Lombard/Rory is not the main event.

Well UFC just won a lawsuit to overturn a ban on airing UFC events on German tv. So there's a chance! Especially if the great white German hope beats McGregor.

RBH

So it seems like NBC is going to announce a deal soon to showcase boxing on the main NBC network and NBCSN.

While it probably won't happen, I would LOL if boxing on NBC outdraws UFC on FOX, just for Dana's reaction.

So it seems like NBC is going to announce a deal soon to showcase boxing on the main NBC network and NBCSN.

While it probably won't happen, I would LOL if boxing on NBC outdraws UFC on FOX, just for Dana's reaction.

I'd love for boxing to get popular again. Anyone else used to watch fights on USA back in the day? That was so long ago I think they still had 'Up All Night' yet.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Well UFC just won a lawsuit to overturn a ban on airing UFC events on German tv. So there's a chance! Especially if the great white German hope beats McGregor.

siver is not the guy to derail that hype train.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I still can't believe Mike Goldberg failed at a job where all you have to do is talk about Aaron Rodgers non-stop and rack up Emmy awards.

Top Bottom