• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

What platform are you guys playing Geometry Wars on? I might pick it up

PS4. Sale just ended, but it's good fun. Lots of variety in comparison to the previous games.

I think I'll go back to previous levels in the adventure mode tonight and dash dream's hopes.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Hunto vs Stipe in Aus in May
Potential for a good fight, winner should be right back into contention. Thought Stipe deserved the nod over Dos Santos but he's hittable and I'm not sure how a clinch/wall and stall strat would play against Hunt.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I see Stipe playing a long game and trying to drag it out into the later rounds. I think if he survives until the 3rd then he'll win the decision.

But I see Hunt winning by KO in the first or second round.

RBH

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has failed a second drug test administered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

NSAC executive director Bob Bennett confirmed to ESPN.com on Tuesday that Silva, 39, failed his postfight urine test after a unanimous decision win against Nick Diaz at UFC 183 on Jan. 31.

Silva tested positive for the steroid drostanolone -- the same banned substance he tested positive for during an out-of-competition test taken on Jan. 9. Silva also tested positive for the anti-anxiety medication Oxazepam and Temazepam, which is used to treat sleep deprivation.

In total, Silva (34-6) submitted to three NSAC tests. He tested positive for drostanolone and androstane on Jan. 9. He then provided a clean sample on Jan. 19, followed by a second failed test on Jan. 31.

Silva, who had never tested positive for a banned substance before, initially faced a nine-month suspension for his first offense. Bennett did not know whether the commission would increase that length because of a second failed test.

"I can't speak for the [NSAC] Chairman nor can I speak for the commissioners," Bennett told ESPN.com. "But something I find particularly concerning is that he tested positive on Jan. 9th and then he tested negative on Jan. 19th. If he took this orally, it only stays in your system 5-to-7 days.

"So, obviously, he used it sometime around Jan. 9th and then he used it shortly before the night of the fight. Whether the commission finds this egregious -- that he tested positive twice out of three times -- is up to them. I certainly find it concerning and unacceptable. It gives an unfair advantage to the person on that. God forbid, a serious injury were to occur to an opponent when someone is on something."

Silva, widely considered the greatest fighter of all time, has denied knowingly taking any banned substance.

"I have not taken any performance-enhancing drugs," Silva said, shortly after the initial failed test. "My stance on drugs is and will always be the same. I'm an advocate for a clean sport."

The NSAC is scheduled to temporarily suspend Silva during a meeting on Wednesday. A disciplinary hearing, which Silva would be required to attend, will most likely be scheduled in March.
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/12338927/anderson-silva-fails-second-drug-test

scabro

Anyone watching the NSAC hearing? Anything to report yet?

silva failed the fight night test too.

and Bellator is on the up and up, brehs
10953293_720580311395460_957913689_n.jpg

get payed to watch some bad mma

I would absolutely go to that if I lived close by. The Big Homie vs McGeary is better than just about any UFC fight coming up in awhile. Cheick Kongo vs King Mo should be fun. And its the return of Paul Daley!

iddqd

Guy in the gym (retired fighter from the area, 2 and 2 record or so) told me today that he always knew Anderson was cheating.
He had some loose connection to the pre-UFC Silva team and said the only guys NOT on roids where the Rua Bros.

He also told me he has kidney stones from the years of weight cutting and is currently in the works to pass two stones.

A fine Tuesday in the Gym it was!

Guy in the gym (retired fighter from the area, 2 and 2 record or so) told me today that he always knew Anderson was cheating.
He had some loose connection to the pre-UFC Silva team and said the only guys NOT on roids where the Rua Bros.

He also told me he has kidney stones from the years of weight cutting and is currently in the works to pass two stones.

A fine Tuesday in the Gym it was!
You gotta feel bad for the guy since he was ingesting these without his knowledge.....

industrian

Anderson Silva was on jellies? Man, he must really want to fight on that Scotland card.

silva failed the fight night test too.

and Bellator is on the up and up, brehs
10953293_720580311395460_957913689_n.jpg

get payed to watch some bad mma

We use "p" to denote pennies in the UK. As I was scrolling up to this message I thought "damn son, cheap check ins".

Heel

The best part of the conference was UFC actively encouraging their competitors to follow suit, with Lorenzo specifically noting that some have even more financial means to do so than them.

It's almost as if they're worried that their competitors will have the more explosive, exciting fighters that quickly recover from strenuous training regimens, or something.

Bellator: Where the Big Boys Play

I wonder if we'll see less fight's cancelled due to 'injury' now that presumably a lot less fighters should be worried about timing their cycles incorrectly?

industrian

I'm going to laugh when Victor Conte gets the contract to conduct this random testing.

And didn't they have out-of-competition testing already? Oh wait, they stopped doing that like a month ago because everyone was getting caught.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Get all of the good fights in before the testing starts. I wonder what the card will look like on fight day.

iddqd

Good looking card, they are stacking it deep so that 50% can fall of the wagon and there is still the skeleton of a PPV left.

I remember my love for UFC 184 fondly before they had to patchwork that one.

industrian

hZ7YPZN.jpg

I love how they've just put Dos Anjos
head on a photoshopped body
there at the side. You know, just incase Pettis gets derailed and they need to say "well... Dos Anjos was part of the show."

Everyone trying to cash in before Rebok takes their moneys. Dana and co. are setting Coker up perfectly, all he has to do is drive to the basket and make a layup.

As crazy as I might sound ... No way Browne beats Arvloski .

Andrei has way better stand up and as long as he doesn't get sucked into take downs and eating those elbows he's good.

industrian

If Arlovski can push the fight he may be able to win, but it's Browne's fight to lose. He should be winning this one easily.

As both guys sparred together at Jacksons, it'll be interesting to see what gameplans they use,

Top Bottom