• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I still have no idea how good Browne really is. His last performances have been a mix of good (Schaub, Barnett), bad (Werdum) and freak-ish (Bigfoot and Overeem). Same could be said for Arlovski. His offence looks sharper now than when he was in his slump but it's hard to know how much Bigfoot being "off" PEDs impacted their fight.

VoxPop

I still have no idea how good Browne really is. His last performances have been a mix of good (Schaub, Barnett), bad (Werdum) and freak-ish (Bigfoot and Overeem). Same could be said for Arlovski. His offence looks sharper now than when he was in his slump but it's hard to know how much Bigfoot being "off" PEDs impacted their fight.

His stand up has always been awfully sluggish and was fully exposed in the Werdum fight. The Strive fight was pretty terrible up until the finish as well. Without those illegal elbows,size,and beard, he's a mere gatekeeper.

That card is insane. If it holds together, they shouldn't have a single issue selling tickets to anyone even remotely interested and able. I'm usually not into the numbers, but even I have to admit I'd like to see how the ppv orders will compare.

TM0eWBC.png

We are entering the dark ages. I expect the Fertitas to drop out soon.

0585_9wsqx.gif

MjFrancis

I'm not surprised that they suppose Cerrone isn't the favorite. His last two fights have been close and he's not as impressive in the octagon when his opponents are about as skilled as he is. No room for theatrics, especially when the belt is on the line.

Cowboy himself said the fight is a stylistic nightmare for him since Khabib is a wrestler.

I'm looking forward to the fight in a way...but it's probably going to be a grind fest because he's not going to want to stand up with Cowboy. Cowboy has decent grappling but his wrestling isn't exactly noteworthy. Hopefully, Greg and Mike work with him a lot on it.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
R.I.P. to our footy-gaf budo bros. We probably would have gone down the same route if this sport actually mattered enough for us to post here.

Theres a chance that he actually didnt intent to cheat. Maybe he was mislead by his coach or nutrionist. Its his first time being caught with well over a gazillion fights for Zuffa.

Give the man a chance...hes not some back alley bum fighter for christs sake!

Next

Goddamn holly has heart and chin. Did she take much damage in boxing? btw boxing is fucking brutal, get your ass knocked out and then get back up to take another beating right after...

Hard to watch cuz it was a shitty slugfest. The taller girl looked like Wandy Silva with all those looping hooks. I didn't see a single straight punch in that 5th round. Geez Holly, throw some jabs and use some footwork.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I had a crazy-ass dream last night that GSP came out of retirement and fought Renan Barao. And lost by 4th round submission.

And at this point I think that saunas should have their own win/loss record. They're second only to Father Time, really.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/2...aches-teaching-mma-european-judo-championship

It has been a very interesting fortnight in the world of international judo. Firstly, The UFC was forced to revoke its sponsorship of the European Championships in Scotland, and then the European Judo Union decided to relocate the tournament completely, partly due to the British Judo Association's affiliation with the UFC. That was only the tip of the iceberg, as today the French Judo Federation joined the EJU's crusade against MMA, banning all Judo coaches in France from teaching MMA

According to the president of the French Judo Federation, Jean-Luc Rouge, Mixed Martial Arts and Judo have no place together. Speaking in French magazine, L'Equipe, Rouge had some strong words to say about MMA.

"Anyone (in judo) caught teaching MMA (Mixed martial arts), will be removed from the French Judo Federation. MMA is illegal in France. All those who teach do not have the right and are liable to be written off. They put the Federation in trouble and if there is serious injury, it will be my fault."

"These new combat sports (MMA) seem like they come out of a video game. These guys are stupid enough to kill each other in front of everyone in a cage and they are well paid, so they would accept. Sport is not war! We must be able to shake hands and go have a beer together in the end."

Anyone know why France has such a problem with MMA other than France being France?

Edit:For those that almost forgot like I did.....
Bigfoot vs. Mir
Prelims 6pm EST
Main 8pm
Fox Sports 1 in the U.S.

iddqd

Gonna watch the Oscar crap with the wife and switch to the last two fights on the main card when musical performances are on stage.

I hope MIR pulls it off but Bigfoot has power and Frankie is made out of glass.
Best bet for Mir is a ugly 5 round fight and then ride into the sunset with a win.

BUT I can also see strawberry Mir being "relaxed" in the clinch or in his guard 3 seconds before going out.

Whats the next card coming up? The Ronda thing?

Top Bottom