• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ryoto Machida

Was a decent card. Were the prelims any good?

It seems Christopher Wideman stole Munoz's chin.

muddream

Banned
munoz almost got ko'd by kendall grove

prelims were good, but seeing an asian grandmother get brutalized for 15 minutes by a female wanderlei isn't for everyone

I'm sure knocking out a certified can in front of tens of viewers on Fox Sports 2 at 2 in the afternoon will surely lead to a career resurgence for Mr. Machida.

Machida is most def a bigger threat at 185 because he won't have to handle big size differences. I expect a couple of fun fights from him in the division.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Both fights he was winning though.

Against Diabetes: Hell yes. Against Jimmo: It was too boring to tell the difference between whose wall n' stalling was more effective.

That said, Manuwa's awesome. Even if I'd recommend he cut to MW.

I wonder for whose benefit this injury is for. If only Rampage and Kongo weren't teammates, this would have worked out perfectly from a conspiracy angle.

I assume Chandler will be "injured" next in order to troll Eddie Alvarez' contract status even further.

SteveWD40

Against Diabetes: Hell yes. Against Jimmo: It was too boring to tell the difference between whose wall n' stalling was more effective.

That said, Manuwa's awesome. Even if I'd recommend he cut to MW..

I would have said Manuwa had it, he was hitting more and hurting far more, Jimmo kept stalling and couldn't seem to connect.

MW, interesting, I wonder if he would gain even more speed.

I thought PPMs drop to MW was possibly a mistake - loses speed advantage and doesn't get to drink all the pee he wants before weigh ins. Turns out I guess I was wrong. Still had a signficant speed advantage (over Munoz anyway) and some powerful striking and for a guy that shrugs off most takedowns at will at LHW should have zero problems at this weight. I still wonder though what PPMs ultimate goal will be if Silva gets his title back.

I thought PPMs drop to MW was possibly a mistake - loses speed advantage and doesn't get to drink all the pee he wants before weigh ins. Turns out I guess I was wrong. Still had a signficant speed advantage (over Munoz anyway) and some powerful striking and for a guy that shrugs off most takedowns at will at LHW should have zero problems at this weight. I still wonder though what PPMs ultimate goal will be if Silva gets his title back.
Spider gets the strap back, gives PPM a title shot, puts him over, retires.

Machida is very special. Hes probably one of the most consistent guys there ever was in the ultimate.

He didnt lose to Phil Davis. And his 3 losses are against top opposition. He couldve won any fight he lost. Its not like he was outclassed in any of them.

Great, great fightah!

Machida is very special. Hes probably one of the most consistent guys there ever was in the ultimate.

He didnt lose to Phil Davis. And his 3 losses are against top opposition. He couldve won any fight he lost. Its not like he was outclassed in any of them.

Great, great fightah!

jon-jones.gif

Great, great fightah!

jonchokemac_medium.gif

466619_o.gif

He could have won either fight easily!

knee

Great, great fightah!

He did lose to Phil Davis. It was close, but just the judges just don't respect his 'defensive style' much anymore.

dream

HEEL, the more elusive Machida brother, Chinzo, is scheduled to make his Resurrection Fight Challenge debut on November 22 against Brian Wood.

Lol nice references. Of the thousands of fights I've watched, I think Reagan Penn wins the award for being the most gassed non-HW fighter I've ever seen.

Top Bottom