• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Vio-Lence

Banned
JBJ taking a page out of GSP and Greg Jackson's playbook, duck tough fights.

Why risk competitive fights when you can fight blown up middle weights and washed up pugs?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
JBJ taking a page out of GSP and Greg Jackson's playbook, duck tough fights.

Why risk competitive fights when you can fight blown up middle weights and washed up pugs?

ibxFWoJsbrhbZj.gif

Why the hell is Gus fighting Little Nog? Talk about a step down.

Dana making it hard on Bones to duck him. Basically giving Gus a squash match in order to guarantee a title shot after he wins. Flipping the bird on Bones, that's what it is.

I bet JBJ was hoping Dana would put Gus against Cormier or something, and that he would lose.

I don't see the problem. This sets up three straight challlengers for Jones. Jones will run through Teixeira and Gus will take out Rogerio. By the time Gus and Jones fight, Cormier will have brushed off a Ryan Bader type can to give him the next title shot.
First he'll face the unstoppable Brazilian monster who hasn't lost in ages, then a rematch of one of the greatest fights ever and finally an undefeated Olympic wrestler who really can't stand him. That's 2014 booked for the LHW scene. It ain't rocket science.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
A roadmap for LHW is potentially:

Cormier vs. Rashad (if he beats Sonnen) or Davis.
Davis vs. Bader/Perosh
Manuwa vs. Shogun/Te Huna

MjFrancis

Machida performed well last Saturday. The two fights before were boring as hell however. Anyways, now that he's dropped a weight class it's clear Machida was no where near as big as the other light heavyweights. We've known this, but it became much more apparent on Saturday. Machida didn't lose much if any muscle to make weight and lost a little more fat in the process.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Machida performed well last Saturday. The two fights before were boring as hell however. Anyways, now that he's dropped a weight class it's clear Machida was no where near as big as the other light heavyweights. We've known this, but it became much more apparent on Saturday. Machida didn't lose much if any muscle to make weight and lost a little more fat in the process.
Compared to stuffing Phil Davis, shaking off 185ers would be a walk in the park. Weidman and Sonnen are the only top MWs I could see taking him down. There are more strikers who could pressure/beat him on the feet at MW though, so that could be good to see: Mousasi, TRT Vitor, Weidman, Anderson.

Heel

Video: Jason "Mayhem" Miller instigates and provokes Uriah Hall into a scuffle

The scene begins with Jason "Mayhem" Miller being aggressive to a woman who is apparently his ex girlfriend who he has allegedly assaulted in the recent past. She was visibly emotional and upset and he continued to yell at her. Uriah Hall poked his head in the situation and instantly Miller turned his aggression to him. He began with continuous rants of, "N**** please." Then the video starts and you see the rest.

One more loss and Bellator can book this feud.
IycTFGL.png

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Friends, tomorrow I will witness in person a motherfucking championship banner being raised, championship rings given out, and the best basketball player of his generation in LeBron James can crushing that overrated soft fraud Derrick Rose. I don't think I'll be able to sleep after work tonight. I am Diego Sanchez excited.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Jones, Gus, Glover, Nog, Manuwa, Shogun...I'd say he's safer exchanging strikes at MW.
We're talking about Machida here ;) But yeah, certainly more bomb droppers at LHW, but I think Nog and Shogun are too worn and Glover may plod too much. I should have been a bit clearer though, I mainly meant that I think those matches at MW would be more consistently exciting and dynamic in the standup.

Friends, tomorrow I will witness in person a motherfucking championship banner being raised, championship rings given out, and the best basketball player of his generation in LeBron James can crushing that overrated soft fraud Derrick Rose. I don't think I'll be able to sleep after work tonight. I am Diego Sanchez excited.

url-2.gif

I see you said generation. Glad you're showing respect to Kobe being the best baller alive.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
To be honest, Heat fans hating on Derrick strikes me as pretty odd. I mean, I never hated on Patrick Ewing in the 90s. Why would I, you feel me?

Vio-Lence

Banned
To be honest, Heat fans hating on Derrick strikes me as pretty odd. I mean, I never hated on Patrick Ewing in the 90s. Why would I, you feel me?

perhaps you are too young to hate the late 80s pistons and early 90s knicks. fuck john starks, hue hollins, patrick ewing, and anthony mason.

bone_and_sinew

I hate Rose because:
1)The media puts him on a pedestal even though he's never won shit at any level.
2)Annoying Bulls fan (lol redundancy, all Bulls fans are annoying) treat him like the second coming of Christ when once again, he's never won shit in college or the pros.
3)His fake anti-personality is grating.
4)He's the best player on a rival team, duh.
5)Because we got stuck with Michael Beasley instead of Derrick Rose after a 15 win season lol
Beasley will finally live up to expectations on his second go around and extend the Heat dynasty. Just kidding, the only thing I expect from that knucklehead is for him to get in trouble and waived by February

Why are you showing my the face you'll be making after every Lakers game as they limp to a 40-42 10th seed?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
perhaps you are too young to hate the late 80s pistons and early 90s knicks. fuck john starks, hue hollins, patrick ewing, and anthony mason.

I understand 80s Pistons hate since they actually beat the Bulls. I just don't see why you should hate on a team you're always beating. When the Vikings are relevant I'll start caring, until then it's just a W.

I hate Rose because:
1)The media puts him on a pedestal even though he's never won shit at any level.
2)Annoying Bulls fan (lol redundancy, all Bulls fans are annoying) treat him like the second coming of Christ when once again, he's never won shit in college or the pros.
3)His fake anti-personality is grating.
4)He's the best player on a rival team, duh.
5)Because we got stuck with Michael Beasley instead of Derrick Rose after a 15 win season lol
Beasley will finally live up to expectations on his second go around and extend the Heat dynasty. Just kidding, the only thing I expect from that knucklehead is for him to get in trouble and waived by February

Why are you showing my the face you'll be making after every Lakers game as they limp to a 40-42 10th seed?

if they get 40 wins I will definitely be making that face. 20 wins or bust.

ShaneB

Been avoiding the thread because I still haven't watched the card from the weekend, but eh, I dont even care much now. Seahawks with a lucky win tonight. Work sucks.. uhhh.. I got nothin else.

SteveWD40

Yt4bcoV.png

McGregoat telling Cole whats up.

Millers blatant troll job worked. Never seen someone look so uncomfortable "trash talking", him running out after looking embarrassed was just icing, in fact it even looked like he apologised to Oggle in advance of talking to Rogan (when his back was to the camera and Andy just sort of shrugged).

bone_and_sinew

if they get 40 wins I will definitely be making that face. 20 wins or bust.
Unlike soft Derrick Rose, Kobe Bean Bryant is too much of a warrior to let it happen. Ideally for you guys Kobe sits out all season, you get Wiggins or Parker, you get Melo in free agency, and a discount from Kobe in his next contract and BOOM Lakers are back for the rest of the decade.
But what'll probably happen is you'll be stuck in the purgatory of mediocrity because Kobe is too competitive to tank AND you have to pay him more than you'd like in his next contract, you get a crap draft pick, and Melo probably makes a dumb decision in free agency similar to his shot selection. And that's not even including any and all impending derps by Jimmy Buss, who has no business running that franchise over Jeannie.

industrian

Conor McGregor really pisses me off. I can't wait until that cunt gets oblique kicked back to the surgeon's table ad infinitum.

That said, Cole Miller's only been on three main cards in fifteen UFC fights for a reason.

muddream

Banned
Are you some kinda racist, disgruntled Rangers supporter? Conor McGregor is the only thing featherweight has going for it besides Chad Money. The tragic death of WEC Aldo has not been kind to that shitty division.

industrian

Are you some kinda racist, disgruntled Rangers supporter? Conor McGregor is the only thing featherweight has going for it besides Chad Money. The tragic death of WEC Aldo has not been kind to that shitty division.

It's more a case of I know a lot of assholes just like Conor Mac. And most of them are Irish. Especially the "proud Irish" types living abroad who constantly proclaim how Ireland is some sort of eternal paradise that they will defend to the death - even though they've not been "home" in like 10 years and have more in line with Scottish/English/Australian/American culture than Irish. That and to see - an albeit talented guy - Conor Mac get a push just to profit from these aforementioned types rubs me the wrong way. His attitude will do nothing except set the mainstream acceptance of MMA back ten years.

Some of my best friends are Irish, my cousin's married to a man of Irish decent, etc, etc...

And yes, I'm a Rangers fan. But being "disgruntled" has more to do with the pricks "running" Rangers than anything else. Old Firm matches were one of the few good things Scottish football had.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's more a case of I know a lot of assholes just like Conor Mac. And most of them are Irish. Especially the "proud Irish" types living abroad who constantly proclaim how Ireland is some sort of eternal paradise that they will defend to the death - even though they've not been "home" in like 10 years and have more in line with Scottish/English/Australian/American culture than Irish. That and to see - an albeit talented guy - Conor Mac get a push just to profit from these aforementioned types rubs me the wrong way. His attitude will do nothing except set the mainstream acceptance of MMA back ten years.

Some of my best friends are Irish, my cousin's married to a man of Irish decent, etc, etc...

And yes, I'm a Rangers fan. But being "disgruntled" has more to do with the pricks "running" Rangers than anything else. Old Firm matches were one of the few good things Scottish football had.

tumblr_mcubiuak4g1qb16n2.gif

muddream

Banned

:D

I was mostly joking, but man dat Glasgow white on white violence is something special.

industrian

As I don't want to get banned over anything less than posting a thread titled "Half Life 3 Announced! First Screenshots!" and populating it with 50 Goatse images, I feel the need to scale back from my previous post:

I've got nothing against Irish people or Catholics. There are assholes in every nationality and ethnic group, and it just happens that I've encountered a disproportionate amount of Irish ones with being Glaswegian/living abroad and all. And like I said, I've got Irish relatives. My aunt actually crossed the streams in marrying an Irish Catholic back in the 70s and her daughter married a decent Irish-Scottish guy a few years back. I'm sorry if anyone was offended.

:D

I was mostly joking, but man dat Glasgow white on white violence is something special.

I've been to a fair share of Old Firm games, but as a rule of thumb to anyone visiting Glasgow: if you are ever in the city when there is a Rangers vs. Celtic match: stay the fuck inside. Like for 24 hours from kick off to the next day. And for common sense safety never wear blue, green or orange in Scotland. They're the closest you'll get to gang colours in Scotland.

From my personal experience, Hearts fans bring it a lot more (relatively speaking) than Rangers fans. I was at the game in May 2011 when a Hearts fan ran onto the field and tried to punch Celtic's Head Coach. The entire atmosphere of the game was ridiculously vicious. Good times though.

Indy is going in on my dead grandpa and doesn't even know it.

My grandfather was Dutch, and I'll give you a free one in return.

Heel

UFC 169
Date: February 1, 2014
Venue: Prudential Center

Dominick Cruz vs. Renan Barao - bantamweight title-unification bout
Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas - for featherweight title
Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem

DKehoe

A town nearby me is (I think) the only place to have a Subway that doesn't have green signs. The town is hardcore protestant and really don't like the colour green. There is another town near me where there was an Orange March taking place (a big protestant parade) and some people in the town decided to burn their lawns since they didn't want any green there.

Not to say the Catholic side are any better. They are both equally stupid.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
UFC 169

More interested in the loser leaves town match than those top two.

Heel

You're right, watching Frank get knocked never gets old. Speaking of that fight, Overeem is training that hugging shit with Badr.

Who would ever think me and the reem in one training camp!! He is a great asset for my team!! Big up to the reem!! But nobody ever thought this would ever happen!! Hahahahhahaah my wildest dream

BXfjy_vIcAA8guP.jpg

UFC 169

Hmm getting better. But do I wanna risk possibly having to travel through a snow storm to get to this?

Top Bottom