• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

I go to UFC.com to check out the fight card tomorrow and right as I look at a picture of Machida making weight a character on TV talks about drinking his own piss......

So I wonder if Eddie Alvarez is still getting that matching money ...

@rossfinkelstein: Eddie would have made $1,475,000 in PPV at UFC 158 or $500,000 at UFC 159.

Fifty

Not even a thread for this event? Haha, I guess it doesn't deserve one..although the web prelims just started..and who is it but Joe Rogan is calling it with Anik. Ken-Flo must be sick or something; Rogan never does the small cards.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

iby3m1SzB88E7U.png

dream

Whilst reading about how Mayhem Miller caught a beating from "Uriah Hall" for calling him a "bitch ass nigga," it occurred to me that BAMMA is one consonant away from Bad MMA.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The most random stoppage ever.

Two fluke injury TKOs in a row. Jimi Manuwa's having all the luck.

Rogan reckons his hamstring, he was done anyway imho, Manuwa was stalking him.

I didn't see any deformation in either leg in the replays when he dropped. And sitting on the stool he seemed to point down towards his foot and up his calf. Maybe his achilles or something? Could also just be a strain/cramped muscle at a horrible moment. We'll see I guess.

Dysun

welp that was a whack stoppage even though his hand was on the mat for both knees, why not let them continue after 5 mins?

SteveWD40

Oh for fucks sake, the knee's were legal (well the 2nd might now have been...) but Ross was fine and wanted to carry on, he said "im fine!"

I am not sure he was, he touched for like a milli second

Even less reason to consider it illegal. A slight bend in Pearsons arm and the knees would have been legal despite him being in the exact same position in terms of vulnerability. There is no way in hell that the ref confidently spotted the fingers touching the canvas in that situation.

They need to change the damn rule.

muddream

Banned
The Machida-Era prophecy will finally be fulfilled, The Dragon is as unstoppable at 185 as his asthmatic, lactose intolerant supporters are insufferable.

Top Bottom