• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Mark Cuban spitting truth regarding HGH. We SHOULD be making decisions to ban it based on scientific data and not emotions.

Poor Derrick Rose. I wanted the Heat to can crush him in the playoffs again.

UFC is really bad at marketing. Like I don't even know when the next card is.
The front page of a Sherdog has a UFC schedule.

TUF Finale 11/30
Hunt/Bigfoot fight night 12/7
Mighty Mouse/Joe B on Fox 12/14
UFC 168 Weidman/Silva 2 12/28

That's the rest of the year. I'll update the OP tonight, kinda fell out of the rhythm of doing it once I was banned.

As far as the UFC's marketing goes, sign up for their email list and they'll keep you updated pretty well,

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
mLkXqD8.jpg

Such likeness
much georges
wow
leukemia

bone_and_sinew

Is that your cousin? Anyways, not Colombian. Would not bang.
Don't ever commit to one, friend. The thing about Colombian chicks is they'll be your partner in crime so it'll be fun for a bit but inevitably the day will come when they commit a crime against you.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Is that your cousin? Anyways, not Colombian. Would not bang.

EDIT: Gr1m you remember our convo about why I don't Mexican chicks? ^ exhibit 1 in that video.

We got those here too. At least you'd get to drive around in a low rider or one of those elaborate loopy handlebar bikes.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Should've added IMO :p We can disagree!

I called in sick to work today...and I wasn't even sick. fuck, I just want things to end there =/

I can agree that it was pretty stupid in parts
especially giganto Silver Samurai

With the UFC in decline and boxing dead, Spike is going to shock the whirl and build Glory into the premiere combat sport organization in the world. 3 years from now there will no longer be MMA-GAF but Glory-GAF. The masses don't want to see two dudes on the ground hugging and shit. They want stand-up fights real knockouts.

Believe.

No love for a good grappling fight? I find grappling very entertaining, Mir vs Nog 2, despite the shit result, was pretty damn epic. As long as fighters are active with sub attempts, than I see no problem. Its the wrestlers that cage fuck and lay on opponents for 5 rounds is what it boring.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Young Plywood setting fire to the OT.

*edit* Im not so sure i should be buying anything other than a new pc. Im playing ghosts and i just cant reconcile the amount of bullshit my tv is throwing at my eyes. This might as well be Q3A on 56k.

The lag comp. Its just too much. On my screen i emptied 2 clips into the dudes grill on his screen i didn't even raise my gun. This kind of shit only goes down on consoles. Let lag be lag dont sugar coat the shit.
You're playing on 360/PS3 I take it... (360/PS3 are P2P, PS4 and Bone have dedis)

dream

Originally Posted by TheKaeptain via Twitter

I asked for a temp ban so I can focus on the next two weeks.

This freakin guy. I just spent the past week writing about 10,000 words and I did it as a man of will and willpower who shunned temptation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Young Plywood setting fire to the OT.

*edit* Im not so sure i should be buying anything other than a new pc. Im playing ghosts and i just cant reconcile the amount of bullshit my tv is throwing at my eyes. This might as well be Q3A on 56k.

That's Ghosts man. I can't do COD anymore and I loved Blops2. Ghosts is on a new tier of "that shit CAN'T be working right."

bone_and_sinew

Shane del Rosario in critical condition after suffering heart attack. Yikes. Very scary that its happening to such a young guy.
Holy crap. He pulled out of the fight last week because of a hib injury. And I remember him missing like a year because a drunk bitch rear-ended him and messed up his back. Poor guy can't catch any breaks.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Heart attack at 30? That is rough..

*edit* Well i'll be a monkey's uncle. In case anyone missed it. Spike's official site has the full Glory 12 replay up.

Ho.. leee .. Shit @ Grice

grice1.0_standard_709.0.jpg

So one of the girls in the TUF finale has a 1-3 pro record...
ihR2zqpBH43jo.png

she was supposedly a "boxer" yet had some horrible boxing. I don't think she threw more than a basic 1-2 combo in that entire fight. Man poor Dana having to go slumming it for ratings and hype up a bunch of shitty female cans who probably took up MMA after seeing it on Pinterest or when their gym started offering it next to Zumba classes.

she was supposedly a "boxer" yet had some horrible boxing. I don't think she threw more than a basic 1-2 combo in that entire fight. Man poor Dana having to go slumming it for ratings and hype up a bunch of shitty female cans who probably took up MMA after seeing it on Pinterest or when their gym started offering it next to Zumba classes.

Her wiki (as much as that can be trusted) states her professional boxing record was 31-3 and that she won a boxing title as recently as January of this year.

I honestly think that her boxing looked decent tonight but I really haven't seen any MMA fighters use a crisp and technical boxing style in a fight and I have to think that it's because boxing habits leave a lot of openings for strikes that boxers don't have to worry about. I mean it seems like a typical boxing approach would leave leg kicks and takedowns open all day.

Her wiki (as much as that can be trusted) states her professional boxing record was 31-3 and that she won a boxing title as recently as January of this year.

I honestly think that her boxing looked decent tonight but I really haven't seen any MMA fighters use a crisp and technical boxing style in a fight and I have to think that it's because boxing habits leave a lot of openings for strikes that boxers don't have to worry about. I mean it seems like a typical boxing approach would leave leg kicks and takedowns open all day.

women drive cabs too, brah. Not impressed.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Shane del Rosario in critical condition after suffering heart attack. Yikes. Very scary that its happening to such a young guy.

Between him, Hardy and Struve, I'm thinking that the UFC should carry out a roster-wide heart checkup. Whether those fighters were genetically predisposed to heart defects or whether it's athletic heart syndrome (or just shitty luck), it's something that every sport needs to look into. Soccer has learnt this the hard way.

The credibility of the TUF title is in serious jeopardy.

I was gonna come up with something snarky to help pile on but I looked at the list and the majority of the winners are fairly solid fighters. Really the only guys that washed out without doing anything are James Wilks and Efrain Escudero.

Top Bottom