• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I'm contemplating getting a Vita, brehs. Talk me down.

Vita and PS+ is a no brainer.

Just get the biggest memory card they have though.

I have about 20 Vita games, only paid for 2 and at one point had PS1 MGS, RE and all the FF games installed on it.

PS4 is legit sold out where I am, half a dozen stores and jack shit. Had some X Bones but nahhhhhhh.

Vita and PS+ is a no brainer.

Just get the biggest memory card they have though.

I have about 20 Vita games, only paid for 2 and at one point had PS1 MGS, RE and all the FF games installed on it.

PS4 is legit sold out where I am, half a dozen stores and jack shit. Had some X Bones but nahhhhhhh.

Yeah I was planning on getting one at some point but I just got my PS4 yesterday so it feels kind of excessive. The Amazon deal looks good, but none of the included games interest me so I'm leaning towards the wait and see if another good deal springs up in Dec/Jan.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I bought one at launch (December 2011.) I got my money's worth, but I haven't played anything significant on it since running through Final Fantasy VII last December.

It's a good piece of kit with some solid games (Lumines: Electronic Symphony being the standout) but if it weren't for PSP and PSX compatibility there'd be no depth whatsoever in the game library.

muddream

Banned
Gold-belt level grappler James Toney should've stuck to boxing. Sounds like he suffered several "TJ Grant" concussions.

the screen is so ugly tho. I can't. I've tried, as some of the games intrigue me...but so ugly.

Yeah, it looks like some old ass Blackberry Bold next to my iPhone...I just got a soft spot for 1st party Nintendo games, they're different enough from iOS and PC/console games to make me want to buy a cheap looking handheld for children. I could see myself getting a Vita if I had a PS+ account, tho.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Worst mma injury I've seen happened at Tuff-N-Uff tonight. Warning, it is a compound fracture.This caused this.

tumblr_msbuwyEoYr1sy99o8o1_500.gif

Dayum - @MiddleEasy pretty nasty ankle break at tuff-n-uff - bone through skin and a security guard passed out....

As cheesy as it looks i sort of want to play Ryse.
Its been getting a lot of positive reviews. Apparently the story and graphics are so good that it overcomes the repetitiveness of the combat.

Always tought Shinobido 2 looks like a great game (Tenchu style game). At one point in time that game was almost reason enough to purchase one. The devil wanted to hit me with an uppercut but I slipped...slip n slide baby!

If you travel alot and have alotta downtime I would buy one. If you are the type of guy thats able to play Vita at home...get one...KZ Mercenarys and Borderlands 2 is good I heard.

industrian

We should all just refer to her exclusively as Burdie from now on. It fits her better IMO. Oh and Sati we still have the Brazilian ring girls and the new chick Vanessa to carry the torch

ONE FC bro...

0Eh0icy.jpg

Fc8NjGy.jpg

OZmLtYg.jpg

Felixia Yeap, Christine Hallauer and Park Si Hyun.

flnB7PW.jpg
WYUIe5b.jpg

And their newest ring girl (recently signed):

vvVmoUh.jpg

Maya T.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
york level is god damn. game is the definition of a great rental. not sure if it was worth 49 bucks but the game is a sight to behold.

I watched a bit of it on Youtube as per crumbr's suggestion, the game is very pretty. Some of the executions are very entertaining. The enemy variety is the only thing that I've noticed that is kind of iffy.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Played PS4 yesterday, and picked mine up today.

Killzone gfx were the only that felt next gen, especially the lighting. The rest, knack, AC4 and NFS, at least ran smooth.

Hulu Plus has a documentary about Forest Griffin up. Also they have a bunch UFC Unleashed fights. I just figured this out after having Hulu all this time.

Oh and I almost had that Dethklok gif reaction clicking on that leg snapping in half. Blargh!!

Heel

UFC planning ‘closer to 50′ events in 2014 – with new online network

According to UFC President Dana White, the organization plans to host 50 worldwide events next year, and a new online/digital network will be the exclusive way to watch some of them.

Although White shared only basic details about the new venture, he said the new network will serve an important purpose. Events will continue to air on pay-per-view, FOX, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2 in 2014, but some of the UFC’s international events are geared toward region-specific audiences. However, if you’re in the UFC’s substantial North American fan base, the online network will assure you can watch all those overseas bouts.

“People don’t understand … the fights that we do in China are for China,” he told MMAjunkie. “The fights we do in Europe are going to be for Europe. But with this new digital network that we’re launching, people who are hardcore fans and want to watch the fights will be able to.

“It’s a completely new experience because what it’s going to be based around is live fights. Obviously, you’re going to have access to the library and lots of other programming that’s going to be on the network, but there’s going to be a ridiculous amount of live fights.”

The organization is expected to announce further details, including availability and cost, as well as an early-2014 schedule, in the coming weeks. But with a potential 50 percent increase in the number of annual UFC shows, the network is one vehicle that White hopes will eliminate some of the many expected headaches ahead.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm curious. Are people in China and Europe interested in watching jobber fights just because both guys happen to be local?

Heel

I'm curious. Are people in China and Europe interested in watching jobber fights just because both guys happen to be local?

UFC's "Global expansion" is just moving town to town, taking advantage of the locals that don't know no better like hucksters or carnies in a traveling circus.

All of these countries begging for events will gladly eat chicken shit once or twice, or in the case of Brazil, dozens of times before catching on.

industrian

The three letters of U, F and C still go a long way I guess.

That said, if this arrangement can keep the build-up & ground-floor level fights in the regional "house shows" and make the PPVs and FOX cards revolve more around ranked & meaningful fights then I'm all for it.

Im so fed up with Matt Riddle type of guys and favela bums shooting in for the kill.

The three letters of U, F and C still go a long way I guess.

That said, if this arrangement can keep the build-up & ground-floor level fights in the regional "house shows" and make the PPVs and FOX cards revolve more around ranked & meaningful fights then I'm all for it.

Exactly! That how it ought to be!

Heel

Let's be real, more cards just means more fighters. Prepare yourself for an influx of "regional talent" my friend. Joe Silver working the phone trying to sign Edward Faaloloto for 5k/5k as we speak.

iddqd

Not in Germany. Because even with no-names on the card, you still pay UFC ticket prices of too-expensive and way-too-high.

ugh gus vs manuwa may be "for europe" but it's a fucking number one contender fight and i'd like to see it... on a stacked card with other relevant fights and not a bunch of lame ham 'n eggers that dilute the product.

looks like I got a friend in Vegas to put a parlay in for tonight's TUF finale..

putting $50 on Holdsworth/Pena/Blanco/Niinimaki, it pays out close to $300 if I win

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Gus v Manuwa isnt a smart fight. Manuwa got the power but when Gus tags him a few times he will wilt. Considering the younger faster man is more experienced..also manuwa has never faced anyone that really put fist in his face.

Top Bottom