• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

I think Gustafsson vs. Manuwa is more interesting than it's getting credit for. I think we'll learn a lot from that match-up either way. It just does not make a lot of sense for the 205 title picture considering there's very few credible opponents left for Jones, and this guarantees there will be one less for the foreseeable future.

This division needs 30-something blue chip prospect Glover to shock da whirl before it slips firmly into Thales Leites territory.

I think Gustafsson vs. Manuwa is more interesting than it's getting credit for. I think we'll learn a lot from that match-up either way. It just does not make a lot of sense for the 205 title picture considering there's very few credible opponents left for Jones, and this guarantees there will be one less for the foreseeable future.

This division needs 30-something blue chip prospect Glover to shock da whirl before it slips firmly into Thales Leites territory.

thales leites is on a roll
future mw champ, breh

dream

Two observations from the random glimpses I've caught of this show:

1) WMMA is dead after this shit show.
2) That UFC 168: Same Old Shit commercial is the worst commercial the Ultimate has done in weeks.

Two observations from the random glimpses I've caught of this show:

1) WMMA is dead after this shit show.
2) That UFC 168: Same Old Shit commercial is the worst commercial the Ultimate has done in weeks.

Women's MMA is not evolved enough to merit this kind of coverage. Yeah you have the top of the top, like Ronda, but from a skill/entertainment standpoint, the rest of these women would barely belong in a county fair show, let alone the UFC. Too much too soon. UFC fell in love with Ronda and doubled down and I don't see it paying off.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I started watching the prelims at 10 PM (so a 2 hour buffer) and I caught up after the second fight on the main card. That's how much padding these shows have.

Really weird timing on the stoppage considering how well she was protecting herself and how close it was to the end of the round but I doubt the outcome would've been different given more rounds anyways.

MrSerrels

Man Mayard out on his feet.

ric-flair-flop-o.gif

Hex

Banned
Really weird timing on the stoppage considering how well she was protecting herself and how close it was to the end of the round but I doubt the outcome would've been different given more rounds anyways.

Covering up is not enough, she was not trying to improve her position.
She completely stopped trying to get out or move, she cracked.

Covering up is not enough, she was not trying to improve her position.
She completely stopped trying to get out or move, she cracked.

She was covered up, most of the blows were missing, and she had been trying to get out, albeit unsuccessfully. The rules say you have to "intelligently defend yourself" not that you have to be improving your position or escaping. Otherwise why not just mount anyone and punch their arms til a stoppage?

Heel

Gray putting over the scrapper with a concussed flop. Truly a legend of this so-called sport.

Ref gave me Curran vs. Warren flashbacks.

Oh yeah, holy shit at UFC doing crowd shots of a half empty arena, even for the main event. Maybe it's time to start moving everyone in front of the hard camera and never panning.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Instead of a FOTN bonus, they should just give the money to Nate. Because that was more entertaining than anything else on the card.

And with that said, Maynard's days at the top-end of the division look numbered. Frankie's refusal to be KO'd (and in turn being KO'd by Frankie) looks like it did a number on him. Maynard should be a good mid-level gatekeeper at this point, but that depends on whether or not Dana thinks he'd be an Okami-esque roadblock or not. Maynard said he'd entertain dropping to 145 for a fourth fight with Frankie, but to be honest he's flirting with being cut now.

Top Bottom