• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

ShaneB

giphy.gif

Bah. What a load of rubbish.

muddream

Banned
Gabe and the steam box is going after a different market than the current PC gamer. it's targeted at console gamers and mac users. it's for the general masses.

I've got an Alienware X51 and a Macbook, so I'm part of the Steam Machine target audience. I have no intentions of running Steam OS, but if they can offer similar bang for buck to a PS4 in a similar form factor, I'd pay more for better visuals/framerate. I don't mind getting an outgoing console for $99 to catch up on worthwhile exclusives, so that's not a selling point. Two things I know I won't be getting is a big gaming PC or a struggle console. TW3 should be a good test for the PS4. Right now only the Xbone is confirmed struggle.

FACE

Banned
Playboi, we've reached Warcraft III cinematics. Deciding on PS4 vs Steam Machine when this is released.

It ain't gonna look like that in a netbook CPU and a mid-range GPU.

Edit: I'm definitely getting this on GOG, fuck giving Valve a cut.

Vio-Lence

Banned
It ain't gonna look like that in a netbook CPU and a mid-range GPU.

Edit: I'm definitely getting this on GOG, fuck giving Valve a cut.
Same. I think witcher 2 was very CPU dependent. Game wasn't optimized for multicores, so it should be interesting how this engine performs.

FACE

Banned
Same. I think witcher 2 was very CPU dependent. Game wasn't optimized for multicores, so it should be interesting how this engine performs.

It was, I remember reading that a dude gained over 20 fps after he swapped his Q6600 for an i5 2500k. Considering how poor the CPUs in the next-gen consoles are I imagine they'll take a pounding trying to run this game.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
RIP Shane del Rosario.

It was going to be hard to come back from that shit. Hopefully the UFC carry out a roster-wide checkup on their fighters for undiagnosed heart defects now.

I found an old ass issue of Next Gen circa 1998 the other day that actually had screenshots of the Witcher back when CD Projekt Red was I guess called "Metropolis" and shit was looking like a PSone game.

FACE

Banned
I found an old ass issue of Next Gen circa 1998 the other day that actually had screenshots of the Witcher back when CD Projekt Red was I guess called "Metropolis" and shit was looking like a PSone game.

That was a different game being made by a different team. Witcher 1 was CDPR's first game and it started being made in 2002 iirc.

I think CD Projekt eventually bought Metropolis Software.

Heel

Only took 10 degree weather and the worst run defense in the league for the Cowboys to run a balanced offense.

tocry.png

Get your rocks off, DeMarco.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Only took 10 degree weather and the worst run defense in the league for the Cowboys to run a balanced offense.

tocry.png

Get your rocks off, DeMarco.

shame that a 35 year old journey man QB is carving up your D.

if an outsider came into this thread today they would think we are the creepiest subcommunity on gaf.

who's gonna post a happy 18th bday post in OT for Ms. MaroneY?

Vio-Lence

Banned
and still more defense than a college game.

well as a life long bears fan, its weird seeing a bears defense being this bad. usually the defense is a strength and the offense sucks. this season has just been weird. at least our new head coach can call offense. defense on the other hand has major problems.

Heel

I heard Texans are looking at Lovie. Garrett is a moist as dude. Gimme Cowher to play hardball and shower these prima donnas in spit.

Vio-Lence

Banned
No trolling, McCown > that bum Cutler. I wouldn't pay him a dime.

me too. fucking paying smoking jay.

and the bears do have the best WR combo in the league. Alshon + BMarsh both are over 1000 yards, and as Gruden says their catch radius is huge.

I just learned how to make GIFs.. it's fun but holy shit is it ever tough to get their size down under 15MB without making them look like absolute ass.:

iOnCdaR6XUhjZ.gif

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Did you cull the number of frames?

bandeoqgiqr.gif

That's half the frames with double the time between frames.

Pacific Rim is a pretty crap movie, watched it high and that didn't make it any better.

muddream

Banned
Just get an iPhone, it's findable. Only Apple let's you intuitively switch from renaissance man to masked vigilante. It's seamless.

MjFrancis

I have Cerberus on Android. Never had to use it, thankfully, but I never set my phone down, either. The only options to take my phone are through a mugging or a burglary.

Top Bottom