• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

SteveWD40

You can only play out the American hero vs bad guy so far before it becomes offensive. British and Canadians are probably the only "safe" nationalities for us to pretend to root against on the basis of patriotism. He should really just play on the PTSD and other veteran standard of life issues if he wants fan support.

It's getting tired, on top of the fact that some of the most amiable, likeable guys are Brits (Pearson, Etim, Pickett, Sass, all lovely guys) using the fact Bisping is a dick as a reason to turn everything into an "us v them" pissing fest is Sherdog level stuff.

^dat avatar

the UFC not releasing 147 numbers is pretty telling. I can't wait til it leaks at sub 100k buys.
Conversely 148s buy rate will be released on Sunday morning.

still need to pick a pay-per-view and have an MMA-GAF meet up. would be an epic clash of the titans.

UFC 150 in Call-a-rada! The line up isn't superb yet but it has a title fight. It's relatively central in the US. Its in a big arena so no fear of selling out immediately. etc etc

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
^dat avatar

Conversely 148s buy rate will be released on Sunday morning.

UFC 150 in Call-a-rada! The line up isn't superb yet but it has a title fight. It's relatively central in the US. Its in a big arena so no fear of selling out immediately. etc etc

Whatever event chosen will become the most injury ridden ever, and you'll end up with a Jim Miller vs Clay Guida main event.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Ænima;39560929 said:
Anyway I actually like Brian Stann in spite of his cheesy "all-american" persona. 10 of his 12 wins were actually finishes. The guy doesn't lay n' pray, wall n' stall, or fight for points. In this era of the UFC that is pretty rare and something worth rooting for.

Well, I doubt it's a "cheesy persona" considering he's a legit war hero and who dedicates his wins to his fallen comrades. It's hard to hate on a guy like that.

SteveWD40

Well, I doubt it's a "cheesy persona" considering he's a legit war hero and who dedicates his wins to his fallen comrades. It's hard to hate on a guy like that.

True, I like Stann and he wasn't a douche when calling Bisping out like some folk going for the easy "internet fan base", so more power to him.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Are these keepers?

saywat5iuq5.gif

ovnooju5r.gif

Ænima

You're right. It is not Stann himself, but more the way that the UFC chooses to promote him that I find cheesy and very WWE-ish.

Ænima;39565499 said:
You're right. It is not Stann himself, but more the way that the UFC chooses to promote him that I find cheesy and very WWE-ish.
Ya, and he and the UFC have done a lot to raise money and awareness for veteran issues, so that's all great.

DKehoe

Ænima;39565499 said:

It bothered me initially but Stann really is a legit war hero and I don't blame UFC for wanting to promote that.

Heel

I think it's safe to say we've stirred the Silver-GAF hornet nest enough to have a world class meltdown on Saturday. No doubt that Chael winning would result in the greatest thread in MMA-GAF history. Them seeds have been planted, brehs.

Wasn't the dude supposed to be the patron of OT3? Fuck denzel.

ibrdyJPEZHWhgM.gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
any way to see the sherdog pick em picks for the MMAgaf club? curious to see how many of you sonnen nuthuggers actually picked the goat to win despite your trollin

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just click on their names on the pool home. It won't show you the method of winning though.

edit: it doesn't work until the picks are locked.

Ænima

Reading through the 148 thread, damn you guys are good. There is some masterful trolling by nearly every regular in mma-gaf.

Ænima;39580549 said:
Reading through the 148 thread, damn you guys are good. There is some masterful trolling by nearly every regular in mma-gaf.

Problem is that there's no fresh meat over there atm. We're just basically trolling each other.

Problem is all the virgins are overwhelmed by the amount of people trolling, scared the crap
out of them. Theres only so much a trip to Sherdog can help them.

dream

I see the Ultimate thread is blowing up 1 day before the event. Imagine that. People are interested in personalities. Who knew?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Ooh I just remembered It's Showtime 57 re-run is tonight. I missed it last week, I only caught 58. Definitely going to watch it.

Top Bottom