• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm not talking about the fight. I'm just not buying this stuff about Candy trolling by letting Chael take him down.

And please friend, I don't care about Palmer.

He wasn't trolling, but it's a meaningless action without substance. He was on the ground with a guy on top of him hitting nothing and wearing himself out ... again.

How many times does this shit happen in the prelims? At least once every card. Some fool takes someone down early, does nothing, and loses the fight anyway.

It's meaningless. It's ignored every card all the time. Then suddenly because it happens to Silva it's some kind of kryptonite that shows he wasn't as good as though? He fucking won. Twice.

It's amazing how far people will go to justify their hate for a fighter, either because they're tired of him being on top, or want "their" favorite fighter to be justified as a P4P greatest and hope they lose.

GSP is a great fighter, I have nothing against him. Get out of your hole though crying about how Andy isn't that great because you want him to have a more recent loss because GSP's fluke loss against Serra was more recent.

Heel

The only regrettable thing about whipping Natch into a frenzy is that he took things a little too seriously and allowed Silver-GAF to infiltrate our humble abode.

I hope you newjacks can at least apply yourself to the conversation beyond "When is the next Jon Jones fight?"

I no longer endorse the future of this thread.

TheNatural

My Member!
Does TheNatural make every troll look this stupid? 100% agree.

i7sHNUGPLFvot.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
GSP is a great fighter, I have nothing against him. Get out of your hole though crying about how Andy isn't that great because you want him to have a more recent loss because GSP's fluke loss against Serra was more recent.

Rest of your post is irrevelant, friend. I don't need Candy to lose in order to justify my opinion of GSP over Silva so let's keep that straight.

I like that idea, but id rather see Lombard vs Silva. And id rather see Hashad fight once at MW to prove hes a top contender.

Lombard won't get it, they'll probably give him a gimme fight that will produce a HL reel finish to introduce him to the UFC fans and sell him as the next great test. So unless they want to keep Silva on the back burner, they'll have him fight within the next 6 months to make use of his new found fame to the casual media.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The only regrettable thing about whipping Natch into a frenzy is that he took things a little too seriously and allowed Silver-GAF to infiltrate our humble abode.

I hope you newjacks can at least apply yourself to the conversation beyond "When is the next Jon Jones fight?"

I've been making a call for even more insularity for a long time now. Nobody listens until the shit hits the fan.

TheNatural

My Member!
Rest of your post is irrevelant, friend. I don't need Candy to lose in order to justify my opinion of GSP over Silva so let's keep that straight.

Sorry man, that's pretty obvious the angle here. Hence the "myth of Silva shattered" OP.

Butthurt over Fedor being exposed or butthurt of GSP losing more recent won't stand. You shouldn't need redemption of your heroes by hoping someone else loses to prove you right, their record should stand on their own accord.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

denzel-one-tear-o.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sorry man, that's pretty obvious the angle here. Hence the "myth of Silva shattered" OP.

Butthurt over Fedor being exposed or butthurt of GSP losing more recent won't stand. You shouldn't need redemption of your heroes by hoping someone else loses to prove you right, their record should stand on their own accord.

Wrong again, Natch. The "myth of Anderson" title was a reference to Goldberg's line about the Fedor/Werdum fight. It was an obvious joke.

You're fooling yourself if you think I care about Georges losing to Serra 5 fucking years ago.

TheNatural

My Member!
Also if anyone was wondering if I was legit about my loser leave thread MMA bet I had a whole Denzel out set up to go should the unthinkable happen.

Aww, you motherfuckers. Okay. Alright. I'm putting cases on all you bitches. Huh. You think you can do this shit... Jake. You think you can do this to me? You motherfuckers will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you.

I was going to replace Denzel's references to jailtime activities with BadMMA feds though.

Heel

Also if anyone was wondering if I was legit about my loser leave thread MMA bet I had a whole Denzel out set up to go should the unthinkable happen.

Aww, you motherfuckers. Okay. Alright. I'm putting cases on all you bitches. Huh. You think you can do this shit... Jake. You think you can do this to me? You motherfuckers will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you.

I was going to replace Denzel's references to jailtime activities with BadMMA feds though.

Can the bet stand until Anderson retires, friend?

Your boy will get got one day. In the meantime he's only keeping The Great Fedor's throne warm.

Get mad.

ibdsXM6AxhjR53.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
Can the bet stand until Anderson retires, friend?

Your boy will get got one day. In the meantime he's only keeping The Great Fedor's throne warm.

Get mad.

ibdsXM6AxhjR53.gif

It's going to take three stoppages in the B leagues for Silva to match Fedor's decline friend. Just remember that. Even had Chael somehow successfully Lay'd N Pray'd his way to a 25 minute win, he still wouldn't have fallen to Fedor level.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I eagerly await the (imo) eventual Silva vs Lombard fight. Ive been waiting so long for Hector to come to the UFC.

Lombard is getting Okami'd by Boetsch. And I'll just love MMA GAF's reaction when Silva fights The Barbarian.

Salih

man, heel is still salty. i thought he was joking around all the time? Lol

sucks that noone took my bait aka ban-bet :p

industrian

$10 says Rashad is next to face Anderson.

This is probably the most likely scenario if Rashad is adamant about cutting 20lbs. I can see him having a rematch with The Keeper of the Gates Michael Bisping to "legitimise" his No. 1 contender status though and to be totally honest, I think that Diet Suga would tear the middleweight division apart as long as his cardio survives the drop.

The sad thing about this kind of move though is that it just proves that the upper echelons of the middleweight division is just a dumping ground for light heavyweight rejects. Boetsch, Bisping, Stann, Sonnen, Munoz, Belfort, Wanderlei ... Kendal Grove - all were dudes who felt that they couldn't cut it at LHW and realised that "wait a second, I can style on all these 185lb munchkins. Lemme at 'em." Thank god we have Anderson Silva to make them realise the error in their ways. Except Kendal Grove that is. He's just shit.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Anyone ask Forrest about running out of the cage after the fight at the presser. Was he still trolling Tito?

In an interview with Ariel, he said it was because he was disappointed and embarrassed by his performance or something along those lines.

Anyway Uncle Dana isn't pleased and said that he is going to have to talk to him about what happened in more detail.

Edit - here is the interview

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Someone's being a little melodramatic.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

and thats a bad thing?

Nameless

So, does Chael attempt a drop to Welterweight now? If he stays at 185 he'll be stuck as a mini-boss for fighters on the threshold of earning a title shot. Best case scenario he strings together 4 or 5 wins and hopes father time catches up to Spider by the time Dana grants him another crack at the gold. Can't see him jumping back to 205 with all the killers fighting there; he definitely wants no part of Bones. If the weight cut is something he can pull off, 170 is his best chance at ever being a champion.

So, does Chael attempt a drop to Welterweight now? If he stays at 185 he'll be stuck as a mini-boss for fighters on the threshold of earning a title shot. Best case scenario he strings together 4 or 5 wins and hopes father time catches up to Spider by the time Dana grants him another crack at the gold. Can't see him jumping back to 205 with all the killers fighting there; he definitely wants no part of Bones. If the weight cut is something he can pull off, 170 is his best chance at ever being a champion.

I think the cut to 170 would really be a stretch for him. He's already a natural LHW cutting down a full weight class. I think the first scenario you outlined is the smart one. His grinding style may well allow him to fight at a very high level into his 40's, like Couture and Hendo.

Anderson is defying father time in a major way. His style is based on quickness, timing, reflexes and pinpoint striking. There's no way he should be as sharp as he is at almost 38. It's pretty amazing.

industrian

Anderson is defying father time in a major way. His style is based on quickness, timing, reflexes and pinpoint striking. There's no way he should be as sharp as he is at almost 38. It's pretty amazing.

Any athlete worth their salt makes up for holes in their game as they age. If he gets slower he'll become more methodical and accurate, if he gets less powerful in striking then he'll put a lot more BJJ into his planning, and if all else fails then he can just go on TRT like everyone else.

Any athlete worth their salt makes up for holes in their game as they age. If he gets slower he'll become more methodical and accurate, if he gets less powerful in striking then he'll put a lot more BJJ into his planning, and if all else fails then he can just go on TRT like everyone else.

Jeez, I can't even compliment the guy without getting counterpointed.

Nothing you list above matters for long. Father time always wins out in the end. Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock...

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Joined the group. Can we start with a novella, a short story collection or something similar? I'd rather not start off with one of dream's favorite 500 page Harlequin Romance novels.

Only keeping up appearances for our new casual friends. I can't believe they're still on the hook. Watching EVO?

Yeah. Its finals day.

Which LHW that can legitimately cut to Middle (ie not JBJ since he's too damn big) has the best chance of challenging Silva?

Rashad.

He's generally a bit too small for LHW (IIRC he's one of the shorter guys in the division), he just put up one of the best showings we've seen against Jones and he's got the wrestling to challenge Silva. He's also a pretty good technical striker, but I don't think that's a great way to go against Silva.

Top Bottom