• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Rogan: This is the best BJ we've seen in a while.

Mike: He's got that in deeeee--- Nope, he's out.

Rogan: I think he blew his load too early.

TheNatural

My Member!
cover.jpg

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
i like bisping - but i dont think he has anything to offer anderson.
A target.

sensei seagal
There's a part of me that finds this, even when made in jest, an absolutely offensive combination of words.

Its just that there are zero interesting fights for Anderson at 185 and he has fought before at 205. Why not give him a new set of opponents in a division full of established stars where we can see great stylistic fights? Guys like Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Hendo and Evans etc have way more star power than Munoz, Weidman, Bisping and Boesch or whatever his name is. Maybe Cung Le would be a fun fight for Anderson for shits and giggles but nothing for him at 185 at all.
The only person who has anything to gain from Silva stepping up (or down) a division is Dana White, who would get a lot of take on a spectacle fight. However, all Silva would get out of it at most is some money and further confirmation of "GOAT", while at the same time risking getting that taken away from him if some doofus with no impulse control like Rampage goets ahold of him and tries to commit a felony.

Heel

We should make an MMA-GAF drinking game for the next big event OT: every time someone says this thread is an cesspool or that it sucks we drink a shot.

We'll be talking like Chuck in no time, friend.

Lurkers, come on out and wax poetic about any MMA topic you please. No one is stopping you, I promise.

GungHo

Lurkers, come on out and wax poetic about any MMA topic you please. No one is stopping you, I promise.
I think the 10-point must system is a bullshit holdover from punch-fite. I don't think PRIDE FC's system is less prone to abuse, but I do think a more representative scoring system is in order. I'm also ok with yellow-carding assholes who lay and pray and going into their pockets to tell them they have a piss poor attitude.

Heel

Why would they friend Heel. We've gone to shit =(

lol

I think our MMA-GAF soap opera fans should realize when we're done ribbing each other we read Edgar Allen Poe novels and shoot the shit in a chat room together.

It's all in good fun and probably taken a little too seriously from someone not in on what truly has turned into a "community thread" filled with inside jokes to pass the time in a sport that has a lot of downtime.

In conclusion: Don't be scared, homies.

P.S. - Dream is clearly Kramer.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
lol

I think our MMA-GAF soap opera fans should realize when we're done ribbing each other we read Edgar Allen Poe novels and shoot the shit in a chat room together.

It's all in good fun and probably taken a little too seriously from someone not in on what truly has turned into a "community thread" filled with inside jokes to pass the time in a sport that has a lot of downtime.

In conclusion: Don't be scared, homies.

P.S. - Dream is clearly Kramer.

But i like ribbing whilst consuming Poe..

*edit* If nothing else we have the best sense of humor out of any community on gaf. For reals. Too bad we are SO hidden.

Heel

I think the 10-point must system is a bullshit holdover from punch-fite. I don't think PRIDE FC's system is less prone to abuse, but I do think a more representative scoring system is in order. I'm also ok with yellow-carding assholes who lay and pray and going into their pockets to tell them they have a piss poor attitude.

I agree. The thing is people forget that yellow cards were also issued for people stalling on the bottom.

Not to start a heated debate or anything, but Anderson wrapping his arms around Chael and holding on for dear life hoping for a stand up would be worthy of a yellow card in PRIDE. That's not engaging in sport and very boring, and partly the reason why Chael was unable to open up on him with anything other than palm strikes to the ears and the like.

Now, when he worked for a triangle he was being active. Examples of both of these in both of his fights with Sonnen.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
add in open scoring and we're getting somewhere ..with only 3 rounds and 5 for Main Events, Overall I think Open Scoring would improve things alot. No more mysteries..every round everyone knows the score..

yacobod

Banned
DON'T FORGET BRAHS:

tumblr_m51vrv4Nbn1qexbzxo1_1280.jpg

We should strive to rise above the petty hate and mediocrity friends. We should be a shining beacon in the darkness to the unwashed masses of Ultimate GAF. We should invite them to participate in the most insular community on this humble forum, to open up their eyes to the truth.

:)

Ya, there were lots of times people got yellow carded in Pride when they probably couldn't do anything offensive. It was like being penalized for not opening yourself up to being attacked. Not everyone has a good bottom game or the body type to go for triangles.

Heel

DON'T FORGET BRAHS:

tumblr_m51vrv4Nbn1qexbzxo1_1280.jpg

We should strive to rise above the petty hate and mediocrity friends. We should be a shining beacon in the darkness to the unwashed masses of Ultimate GAF. We should invite them to participate in the most insular community on this humble forum, to open up their eyes to the truth.

:)

Absolutely, breh. I invite anyone who's made it this far to participate in Best-GAF instead of sniping from the sidelines with bottled up hatred.

Though I'd say posting an open invite like Natch was just asking for the second coming of Sherdog. An unforgivable sin that will never be forgotten.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ya, there were lots of times people got yellow carded in Pride when they probably couldn't do anything offensive. It was like being penalized for not opening yourself up to being attacked. Not everyone has a good bottom game or the body type to go for triangles.

Most of the time when there was a big stall both fighters got carded. Anyway we are talking about the same shit we bring up every ten pages or so. Yea the rules need a clear overhaul. If the rules were better and there was incentive to finish we'd get better fights. I like yellows but im not sure that punishment is a good tool to get fighters to perform better.

yacobod

Banned
remember brah's, we were all once part of the unwashed masses before being baptized with fire.

some of us have been watching mma for a decade, other like young Chamber since Ultimate 100 :)

Boogie

Lots of downtime? C'mon Heel, "lots of downtime" was the days when there were MAYBE five ultimate events in a year, and you had to wait three months between some of them. And you had to walk FIFTEEN miles to find a bar that would show it, uphill both ways....

Sorry, what was I saying?

GungHo

add in open scoring and we're getting somewhere ..with only 3 rounds and 5 for Main Events, Overall I think Open Scoring would improve things alot. No more mysteries..every round everyone knows the score..

There should be a screen that would make Jerry Jones cream himself hanging over the ring. I want to be able to see the look of disappointment followed by resolve when a competitor looks up at the scoreboard and realizes that they are gonna lose their purse if they don't get their shit together.

I'm excited for the Cariaso, dos Anjos, Te-Huna, and Weidman coming out parties tomorrow night. All criminally underrated.

edit: Anik dressing like Rogan for weigh-ins is hilarious.

Heel

Man, Weidman is crazy good but he has had zero build in the Ultimate. I think it would be crazy to thrust him into a title fight without him beating someone with a name. He's a legitimate contender for Anderson but they have no way to sell it. Mollywhopping Munoz on a Wednesday isn't going to do it.

Munoz saying he trained with Anderson and knows he can beat him would be somewhat sellable.

With their strong, cornfed wrestlefucking pedigree I think they both could beat Anderson. "Whoever wins" as a man once said. I've got Weidman.

Signed,
The man who picked Okami

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Weidman needs another win even if he beats Munoz. You can't go from Fuel TV main event straight to PPV main event in my opinion.

Ya, I think if Munoz wins, he should get a shot, but if Weidman wins he should fight Bisping or someone. If Lombard wins he can get a shot, but Mak shouldn't. If both Munoz and Lombard win, it should be whoever won more impressively. All things being equal probably Munoz for being better known.

Top Bottom