• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

yacobod

Banned
Nerd Chat never die.

ibkKwCcEFjCmGn.jpg
Wonder what that muff looks like?

Jesus Christ bros this chick is jacked....

1pcqyK.St.81.jpeg

I have 40 lbs on her but I think she would still double leg my head into the floor if she wanted too.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm going to see Taiwan's very own Bad MMA promotion tonight: PRO Fighting (Or I think they're calling themselves PRO FC now.) I won a free ticket at the bar during Silva vs. Sonnen. I would have been able to get a cheap ticket anyways due to training at one of the larger BJJ/MT/MMA gyms in Taiwan.

If anyone is curious the main event includes JJ Ambrose... if that rings any bells.

I'll report back later.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Chris Weidman said:
The managers they have no right to start putting down professional athletes. He put me, and (Alan) Belcher, and (Tim) Boetsch down and he’s trying to draw attention away from the fact that I’m the No. 1 contender, and then called us amateurs, and we’re all top ten fighters...this is what we do for a living and then you have some manager in Brazil who’s calling us amateur fighters and calls me a joke, it’s definitely a little crazy and I know I wouldn’t want my manager speaking about other fighters like that.
Chris Weidman said:
It’s like they’re trying to avoid my name being mentioned at all for the title shot. They’re trying to deflect with other guy’s names so people can start thinking about them as possibilities, but even guys they’re choosing to call out like GSP or (Nick) Diaz, they’re both welterweights...I mean GSP, let’s start with him. The guy is coming off ACL surgery, we don’t even know for sure when he’s fighting, and when he does fight he’s fighting Carlos Condit for the welterweight title. You never know what’s going to happen and best-case scenario he could fight again around May. So if anything, fight me next, if you beat me then you get your shot with GSP. You’re just calling out a 170lber coming off ACL surgery.
Chris Weidman said:
Then Nick Diaz, he’s another guy he’d have a size advantage over, he’s another good name but the guy’s not going to be cleared till February. That’s just crazy. Nothing to say about me, who has proven to be the No. 1 contender. I beat two top five guys in the division in a row, and no one’s come close to doing that, especially in the fashion I did in my last fight against Mark Munoz...The guy’s a champion of 185, he should be fighting the contenders. You don’t call out guys that aren’t going to be able to fight forever and guys that are lighter than you. Why don’t you call out Jon Jones? That makes sense, I’m sure a lot of people would watch, I’d love to watch too. If you’re not going to fight him, fight me, I’m ready to go.
id3AIi.gif

iLLmAtlc

Oh man the "why don't you call out Jon Jones" line was some fire.

Only thing though is people have been saying Anderson has been ducking guys for a long time. He was ducking Vitor, Okami, Chael and he crushed all three of those guys. I really don't know if Vitor even landed one punch in that fight. So it might just be pretty common for his camp to put out that perception.

I do think he's legitimately ducking Jon Jones though. He pretty much admitted it in interviews, that Jon Jones is much younger and already has several advantages over him and he would not be interested in that. Then again can you really be ducking someone one weight class higher?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't think Canderson is ducking Weidman but calling out a guy like Franklin who he already destroyed twice or the Welterweight champion who is coming off a significant surgery and already has a fight booked are bitch moves for sure.

If Silva and Soares think Anderson is above defending the Middleweight strap, relinquish the belt and move up to Light Heavyweight.

Heel

Uncle Dana just needs to put the cuffs on Silver and Mickey. This isn't boxing, and politrickin' for an easier fight that will make you more money is not your decision. That decision is in the hands of the UFC, which I would not put past them to keep the Silver money train rolling.

As champion you should fight whoever Joe Silva puts in front of you. Weidman is running a great campaign to be that man via his inherent talent and systematic ethering of The Spider's web of lies and deceit. Even Natch should be seeing how transparent his game is at this point.

I wonder what Anderson's muff looks like?

dream

As a fan of Invicta Fighting Championships, I am glad I don't have to deal with this type of bullshit. It's so pure.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
After seeing the Chael/Silva PPV money, Anderson is all about the big matches. He's not going to take a 9-0 Chris Weidman fight. Diaz would be big money, GSP would be big money, etc.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Uncle Dana just needs to put the cuffs on Silver and Mickey. This isn't boxing, and politrickin' for an easier fight that will make you more money is not your decision. That decision is in the hands of the UFC, which I would not put past them to keep the Silver money train rolling.

As champion you should fight whoever Joe Silva puts in front of you. Weidman is running a great campaign to be that man via his inherent talent and systematic ethering of The Spider's web of lies and deceit. Even Natch should be seeing how transparent his game is at this point.

I wonder what Anderson's muff looks like?

i5A4DwA0lJYpv.gif

FACE

Banned
Weidman should have accepted the Belfort fight and crushed him. Canderson would have nowhere to run after that.

SteveWD40

Weidman should have accepted the Belfort fight and crushed him. Canderson would have nowhere to run after that.

Yup, he is ripe for a shot but sadly Maia and Munoz just don't carry the name power a win over a guy like Belfort does. He needs one more win but is right no one is on as good a streak.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

I agree with young Pit. Frankly this whole thing is a little silly. I can appreciate the pop off but Weidman hasn't earned the stripes for it just yet. You ain't even got a belt and you ducking dudes. Beat New Vitor and then you can wage an E-war of words.

FACE

Banned
I agree with young Pit. Frankly this whole thing is a little silly. I can appreciate the pop off but Weidman hasn't earned the stripes for it just yet. You ain't even got a belt and you ducking dudes. Beat New Vitor and then you can wage an E-war of words.

Exactly. I doubt the UFC wants another Anderson ME that sells 300k ppvs.

Edit: Think about it friends, he wants a shot after beating Mark Munoz in a Fuel TV card.

Although I agree with the premise that Weidman beating Belfort would secure his good ppv buy/legit #1 contender status, if Silva fights again in 2012 the choice was basically Weidman or the Tattoos You See at Walmart Posterboy. I could have gone either way, but one fights Silva next and one fights Belfort for the next shot. It's going to be on Weidman to step up and sell this fight.

charsace

Vitor would KTFO Weaveman. Weaveman wants that big payday while he's undefeated. Vitor killing him would ruin the aura dude has right now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Exactly. I doubt the UFC wants another Anderson ME that sells 300k ppvs.

Edit: Think about it friends, he wants a shot after beating Mark Munoz in a Fuel TV card.

It's as if you guys think Vitor Belfort has done anything to be considered more legit than Munoz. Let's make a list of Vitor's wins at 185 during his UFC run.

1. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Damn, what a list.

Uh oh, trouble for Supaa Fiiiiight Leeeeeeeeague?

The Super Fight League website has been amended and no longer includes SFL5, SFL 6 and SFL 7 in the future events section. The initial schedule is still available on wikipedia (although presumably it could be amended any minute) and lists events in Chennai in October, Hyderebad in November and Mumbai in December.

Although no official announcement regarding the removal of these events has been made it seems probable that they have been cancelled which would leave the SFL with just one show booked, on September 29 in Bangalore. That card is expected to feature Satoshi Ishii vs Jimmy Ambriz and Jeff Monson vs Todd Duffee but it appears it could also be the last event the SFL ever holds.

-mmamania

FACE

Banned
It's as if you guys think Vitor Belfort has done anything to be considered more legit than Munoz. Let's make a list of Vitor's wins at 185 during his UFC run.

1. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Damn, what a list.

This is sports entertainment brah, being a name fighter holds much more weight than good wins.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

1. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Damn, what a list.

Akiyama & Franklin > Munoz. Victor's had his ups and downs but he has more merit than Weidman. Besides if Victor is such a washout just beat him and get your shot. Had Joe Silva put Weidman in front of Victor, he would have taken the fight. Weidman obviously dont want none. He knows he'd be just another 5 second clip in a highlight reel displaying Victor's dazzling handspeed/power.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This is sports entertainment brah, being a name fighter holds much more weight than good wins.

Can't hide behind the sports entertainment label on this one. Even CM Punk had a feud with Prince Albert. Rich Franklin just did the worst buyrate in the post-TUF era UFC but apparently that's a "big money" fight for Anderson.

FACE

Banned
Can't hide behind the sports entertainment label on this one. Even CM Punk had a feud with Prince Albert. Rich Franklin just did the worst buyrate in the post-TUF era UFC but apparently that's a "big money" fight for Anderson.

Not big money brah, easy money.

I'm not saying that Vitor would beat Weidman or that he is more deserving of a shot. I'm saying that Weidman should get a big name under his belt before fighting Candy to generate a little interest in this match-up.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not big money brah, easy money.

I'm not saying that Vitor would beat Weidman or that he is more deserving of a shot. I'm saying that Weidman should get a big name under his belt before fighting Candy to generate a little interest in this match-up.
And what's Anderson going to do in the meantime? A catchweight with Frankie Edgar?

Friends, is Anderson Silva the only the champion in boxing or mma who relies on his OPPONENT to draw in the money? Why is the longest reigning champion in UFC history worried about his own ability to draw?

FACE

Banned
And what's Anderson going to do in the meantime? A catchweight with Frankie Edgar?

Friends, is Anderson Silva the only the champion in boxing or mma who relies on his OPPONENT to draw in the money? Why is the longest reigning champion in UFC history worried about his own ability to draw?

Fuck all friend, It should be well known by now that Anderson fights once every twelve months.

Because he can't draw* and is aware of that.

*anywhere but Brazil. For whatever reason he's a star here.

Top Bottom