• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
You're grown ass men watching cartoons *smh*

I'm not joking, you're terrible.

Could be worse.

MilitaryBrony1_tx700.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The issue I have with Samsung getting a premium is the same issue I have with Hyundai starting to ask for a premium. Yes, they've come a long way in two decades. Yes, the big Japanese manufacturers have stumbled (Samsung : Hyundai :: Sony : Toyota), but the big Korean manufacturers haven't come all the way to where the Japanese were when it was all crappy American stuff or over-priced European stuff. There are too many average competitors to just hand them a victory just because they presumed it was their turn, especially when you can see all the corners they cut by just looking at the thing for more than 5 minutes.

The issue I have with Samsung is that they're a crooked, ethically-vacuous monopoly.

But their support in repairing my old 32" HDTV was second-to-none!

TheNatural

My Member!
Anyone get the feeling we're due for an injury, pullout, or Strikeforce to be canned? It's like my mental clock is going off for something to fuck up with UFC right on cue.

Also, lets pool our money and get the MMA OT on a banner for Bellator 78:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpIUIQsYdrI

I bet like $50 would do it.

And yeah, Chael vs Jones in a TUF setting will be great.

Heel

It looks like the UFC has effectively staved off Jon's destruction of the LHW division with a new pretender and kept TUF on life support.

There will actually be a log jam of guys wanting title shots by the time he fights again. Gus/Shogun, Machida/Hendo.

Awful.

It looks like the UFC has effectively staved off Jon's destruction of the LHW division with a new pretender and kept TUF on life support.

There will actually be a log jam of guys wanting title shots by the time he fights again. Gus/Shogun, Machida/Hendo.

Awful.

They did say that they'd move TUF back to Wednesday if the ratings sucked this season....did they not?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Awful.

Keep feeding him the same victims over and over, keep him champ and keep him away from hendo/glover.

TheNatural

My Member!
Jon Fitch:

"I think that's what we're coming to see kind of, or least that's what I'm coming to accept, is that title shots and the belt holder, a lot of times it's more of a popularity contest than a sport, and I think we have things like with 151 and Jon Jones and that type of situation happening, because if we had more criteria and it was more sport based than popularity based, or ticket sales based, then you would have kind of a ranking system and a pecking order and you would know exactly who the replacement is."

Too bad he wouldn't win based on performance or popularity.

While Bones is on the shelf going TUF and eventially legit murdering Chael, the UFC should do a LHW Grand Prix to determine a true no. 1 contender. Glover, Rampage, Machida, Hendo, Gus, Cormier, Shogun and Phil Davis in a tournament. The kicker? Do it all in the same night, like the old Ultimates.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Yeah I figured the silver-ling of this TUF-ransomed title fight is that it gives 205 a chance to create a contender. That is if the fighters don't turn down fights with eachother like they been the past few months.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
he's absolutely right tho..its all a farce as far as rankings go.

Dana can spin it anyway he wants..

Everyone in the UFC should look at Chael and go...why aren't I doing what he's doing. Winning won't bet me there.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Awful.

Friend, I'm still waiting for my GOAT GSP avatar.

bone_and_sinew

I'd love to see Hendo v Glover.
I want to see Cormier join the fold once he's no longer held hostage by Strikeforce.
he's absolutely right tho..its all a farce as far as rankings go.

Dana can spin it anyway he wants..

Everyone in the UFC should look at Chael and go...why aren't I doing what he's doing. Winning won't bet me there.
It's Strikeforce-level title-shot awarding.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
You've actually -watched- the last 6 or so seasons?

TUF USA has been boring as fuck, and has been for a while now.

The AUS/UK one they've got going on right now is pretty decent.

Yep. I started watching with season 5 and haven't missed a season since....well other than the Brazil. If nothing else the fights without commentary are good practice for judging.

But I really can't stand either of these guys at all. Jones in particular makes my skin crawl.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
For his part, Jones said he would be willing to coach on an upcoming season of TUF. But only against the "right opponent," and apparently, Cormier isn't that opponent.

"As far as Daniel Cormier saying he wants to coach against me, he would want that wouldn't he?" Jones mused to ESPN UK.

"He's relatively unknown. I want to do it when the fans are aware of both guys, and when it's spunky and when it raises a lot of viewers. I'm not here to raise his stock."

PUKE!..thats our champion right there folks..the best in the world

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I want to see Cormier join the fold once he's no longer held hostage by Strikeforce.
It's Strikeforce-level title-shot awarding.
I think thats a disservice to Strikeforce.. Strikeforce was always honest that they were putting on the best matches for the stable of fighters they had..they never pretended that you have to be the number 2 guy for a title shot

bone_and_sinew

I think thats a disservice to Strikeforce.. Strikeforce was always honest that they were putting on the best matches for the stable of fighters they had..they never pretended that you have to be the number 2 guy for a title shot

We already agreed long ago that this is Sports Entertainment and that's how title shots are not based on merit.

Top Bottom