• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Seriously, Scene, I cannot believe how fantastic Cook, Serve, Delicious is. It's...such a fierce game. Like this:

3d7def70449e11e2b97522000a1f97e9_7.jpg

She's already turning into a Bro's Ho. I am disappointed.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Isn't the Bellator HW title fight tonight? We better tune in and watch it, as knowing Bellator it'll be the last HW title fight we see until 2015.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Friends this waking up at 5 am shit is ass. I may retire early from this gig. Every week i find myself waking up an hour earlier to drive an hour further for work. I believe this has become the classic example of diminishing returns.

industrian

Friends this waking up at 5 am shit is ass. I may retire early from this gig. Every week i find myself waking up an hour earlier to drive an hour further for work. I believe this has become the classic example of diminishing returns.

If I were waking up earlier than 7.30 for a job I'd quit immediately. Or move closer to the office. Then again I don't live in America where that whole "driving 200 miles is a small journey" shit is the norm.
Well that's the impression I get from Americans.

Dem odds

Mendes -1400 vs Meza +700

What is it you do friend?

EDIT: There are two dudes on the TUF 16 undercard named Wolverine.

EDIT 2: My god - five rounds of Mitrione vs Nelson? Get ready for that. They'll both be gassed halfway through round one. By round four I don't think Nelson will be able to stand. I don't know how to pick this - Nelson is terrible but he's not easy to finish. And Mitrione has a decent record but every person he beat was immediately cut and/or dropped to LHW. For this one I'm just gonna have to decide who will look like they lost the least. Guess I'll go with Meathead by decision.

EDIT 3: Check out my picks for UFC on FX 6 at Sherdog MMA Pick 'Em http://bit.ly/TZJsGF

Check out my picks for UFC - TUF 16 Finale at Sherdog MMA Pick 'Em http://bit.ly/VG6WwA

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
If I were waking up earlier than 7.30 for a job I'd quit immediately. Or move closer to the office. Then again I don't live in America where that whole "driving 200 miles is a small journey" shit is the norm.
Well that's the impression I get from Americans.

Im getting there. I get around 3 hours a day to myself. This isnt worth the time and the physical discomfort

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
5am? Yeah, no.

I did that once for a job and I lasted all of 3 weeks before I said fuck it.

My objection to waking up that early for long commutes doesn't translate to going/getting home earlier.

I don't mind waking up at 5 and doing the three S's, getting there at 6, and then leaving at 3. The problem with the Ubercommutes is that you're waking up at 5, getting there at 7 or 8, and not leaving until 5 and getting home at 7. Shit, some nights it wouldn't be until 8 if I was working at an office near the Galleria and 59/610 was all fucked up.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I spend an average of four hours a day in teeth grinding ny traffic. A trip that is 30 to 40 mins somehow becomes two hours because of 5 morons who daily collide with poles at 8 mph

I get up at 5, make coffee and go online for 30 minutes or so, then leave by 6. Get to work at 7, fuck around until about 8. Cuz otherwise traffic can be so heavy that I'll be late. On those super rare days when there is no traffic, I can get from home to town in 20 minutes.

Coming home is worse, because they are working on the freeway before my cutoff, so either sit in regular afterwork traffic and take 1+ hours, or at 7:30pm when the construction starts, it'll take 20 minutes to get near home and then crawl for an hour to go 5 miles.

I generally blame the fact that we bought our infrastructure with federal highway funds that were designed for the continental US. Big freeway going into tiny streets. And obviously because the jobs are concentrated around the city, which I guess is a zoning issue.

ShaneBro, that's not a good idea. I think that would be heartbreaking for a parent to know that's what their kid is going through. Negative thinking causes a feedback loop that makes you feel more negative. I wouldn't even write that shit. Act like everything is good and you'll start to feel like it is, and then it will be. But I know I can be insensitive to the difficulties of depression cuz I haven't really dealt with it much as an adult, except having to deal with depressed coworkers who try to make everyone else miserable.

industrian

For my new job, I can get there in 40 mins.

30 mins on a train, then a 10 min bus.

I will walk instead of take the bus though, that'll be 30 mins. So a 1 hour commute.

I don't have a driver's license or anything. I've never felt the need to drive at all.

Im getting there. I get around 3 hours a day to myself. This isnt worth the time and the physical discomfort

Yeah. Fuck that

I wake up at 6:40 have a cup of coffee and head over to the gym by 7. Go to the gym till 9, hop on the subway at 9:40 and at work at 10.

Living in NYC is awesome.

The worst thing to me about getting up at 5 every day is that after 10+ years, I have trouble sleeping in on weekends. My friends who are my age and wake up early don't have this problem so maybe it is just me.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I work an afternoon/evening shift just I don't have to deal with traffic. My commute is almost exactly 30 miles each way and usually takes me around 35 minutes. When I worked the standard 8-5 shift, that commute was either 90 minutes in heavy traffic or slightly faster if I went way out of the way taking backroads.

Gonna try getting into Scotch this weekend while I enjoy some UFC. After doing a bit of research I think I might start with Glenmorangie 10yr. I'm also looking at Auchentoshan Three Wood, MacCallan 12yr, or Johnny Walker Gold. Thoughts?

industrian

Gonna try getting into Scotch this weekend while I enjoy some UFC. After doing a bit of research I think I might start with Glenmorangie 10yr. I'm also looking at Auchentoshan Three Wood, MacCallan 12yr, or Johnny Walker Gold. Thoughts?

Glenlivet is my whisky of choice. Ironically enough as a Scotsman, I was introduced to whisky drinking by a friend in New Jersey. Whisky is huge in Taiwan, and I will probably buy a few bottles on the cheap in the next few weeks. I rather like Yellow-Labelled Suntory as well, I drank a lot of it when I lived in Japan.

Recently I've taken up the rather bourgeois habit of drinking red wine. I've never liked red wine before, but after buying some to use in cooking I ended up drinking pretty much the entire bottle. I'm becoming more like my dad every year.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah. Fuck that

I wake up at 6:40 have a cup of coffee and head over to the gym by 7. Go to the gym till 9, hop on the subway at 9:40 and at work at 10.

Living in NYC is awesome.

Driving to long island every day is definitely a hell onto itself. i never thought id miss taking the 7 or the N to work

Edit: mak im doing demolition right now.

ShaneB

Crossing the streams because it was posted by Natch.. and the main thread is moving a mile a minute.

Quote from ABC News just now, 1st graders were telling their teacher in lockdown 'I don't wanna die, I just want to have Christmas.' God :(

I wish I didn't read this :( I've already cried enough today. Horrible horrible day.. puts my little bout of depression this morning in perspective.

MjFrancis

The worst thing to me about getting up at 5 every day is that after 10+ years, I have trouble sleeping in on weekends. My friends who are my age and wake up early don't have this problem so maybe it is just me.
I'm in a similar boat. I'd be woken up at 5:00am when I was five so I could be dropped off at a relative's house before school while my mom went to work. So for my whole life I've been a morning person. I get up at 4:00am on weekdays to start work at 5:00am and on weekends getting up at 7:00am is considered sleeping in. It's also trying to stay up until midnight these days, too.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm in a similar boat. I'd be woken up at 5:00am when I was five so I could be dropped off at a relative's house before school while my mom went to work. So for my whole life I've been a morning person. I get up at 4:00am on weekdays to start work at 5:00am and on weekends getting up at 7:00am is considered sleeping in. It's also trying to stay up until midnight these days, too.

I almost cried reading your post. I hate mornings with a passion.

Top Bottom