• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

Anyone catch the only interesting fight last night on the TUF finale? Roy vs Mit.

YtCill.jpg

VASPER

Banned
Nah i thought the fights were interesting but not good, imo of course. I just enjoyed Roy getting that quick uppercut that rocked Matt, i kinda wish Roy would thin his ass out and maybe get to 205. Has MMA Gaf seen the Roy/Mir BJJ match thought that was interesting he was pretty quick for a big guy.

Oh and who the fuck in their right mind is gonna book a flight and a hotel room for GSP/Diaz again? It was supposed to happen two fucking times already, I already dropped a ton of dough on a relatively mediocre card for it myself.

And yeah that poster makes GSP look like Little Mac or some shit, lol.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I remember sitting at the bar next to this gorgeous chick watching Mitrione get his lights put out.

Then I woke up at home. *sigh*

thefro

Yeah, that UFC 158 poster is pretty great.

Although they probably should make one with Hendricks on it for when Nick flips out.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
top 5 subject to change

Journey
Far Cry 3
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami
Dishonored

still need to play TWD

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Journey is the only game I've played this year that's even worth some type of year end recognition. 2012 was awful for video games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I had more fun with $10 downloadable games than big releases by far. Far Cry 3, which I just finished was super good, though.

TheChits

Binary Domain, Sleeping Dogs, Hotline Miami, and Zombi U for me so far. I haven't been able to play any handheld stuff though, and I'm assuming Xenoblade doesn't count as this year.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The only new game I can remember playing this year is Football Manager 2013. So I guess that wins by default.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I do need to play The Walking Dead. It won't top Journey for me, which is probably my Game of the Gen actually, but I must see if the hype is real.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I played episode 1 of The Walking Dead. I was waiting for the final chapter to come out before playing them all again.

I guess now is that time.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Nah i thought the fights were interesting but not good, imo of course. I just enjoyed Roy getting that quick uppercut that rocked Matt, i kinda wish Roy would thin his ass out and maybe get to 205. Has MMA Gaf seen the Roy/Mir BJJ match thought that was interesting he was pretty quick for a big guy.

Did you not watch the whole card? Every single fight was great besides the fight with Sloth from the Goonies in it.

UFC 3 is GOTY for me. Played it for at least 100 hours. So much fun creating perfect versions of PRIDE/Legends. Pounding on a CAF of Tim Sylvia never gets old.

MjFrancis

I watched TUF on Friday and Saturday and wasn't disappointed in the least. Big Country is always great provided the fight doesn't go past the first round. In the middle of all that I watched my first, and perhaps last, airing of Bellator. I was much more disappointed with that use of my time and energy.

ShaneB

I watched TUF on Friday and Saturday and wasn't disappointed in the least. Big Country is always great provided the fight doesn't go past the first round. In the middle of all that I watched my first, and perhaps last, airing of Bellator. I was much more disappointed with that use of my time and energy.

Bah, Bellator 85 is going to be awesome.

MjFrancis

They're going to have to due a lot better than Bellator 84.

I've been trying to expand my palette of MMA taste, and Bellator didn't do it for me.

I try to ask myself - "Would I rather be watching PRIDE right now?" It usually works.

Top Bottom