• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

FACE

Banned
Have you guys seen this beta ass shit?

http://lamelance.com/

240px-Beta-minus_Decay.svg.png

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/17/3776572/ufc-tuf-12-of-16-contestants-released-mma-news

Looks like 12 out of the 16 TUF 16 contestants will not be fighting for the UFC.

Guess Dana didn't want to let them bang.

I'm surprised that many made it. This was one of the worst season of fighters based on what I could tell from the show. A lot of timidity, pulled punches, zero heart, etc. Again I'm just going by what they aired.

How did they get a screen cap of Ronda's phone?

Ha I was gonna say this is what Hondas phone must look like thanks to Beta White.

And a heads up for you pc people in the crowd - Amazon has Hitman Absolution for $20; the THQ pack for $7.99 (Homefront, Metro 2033, Red Faction Armageddon, Red Faction Guerilla, Warhammer, and Stalker); and Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle for $11.99.

brentech

I'm surprised that many made it. This was one of the worst season of fighters based on what I could tell from the show. A lot of timidity, pulled punches, zero heart, etc. Again I'm just going by what they aired.

Yeah. Probably the least amount of quality fighters this season. A whole lot of craptacular fights. I doubt Colton really does much in the UFC. As soon as he fights another wrestler that belongs in the same weight class he'll probably mauled since he doesn't have much else in his bag. He'll need to learn a lot....fast

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
smh. Just do what a normal man does. Get drunk as shit and text her mean shit. Bitches love being told mean shit..it lets them know you care.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up fellas - UFC Ultimate Fight Collection 2012 is gonna be a lightning deal at 7:20pm EST. Currently at $80.

20 discs / 200+ fights

I just received my copy today. I know 2012 was a pretty shit year for fights but after having a quick glance of it I'm stoked with the collection.

I'm the type of person who likes to re-watch a lot of fights if I can't remember how it went down or if they were good fights or whatever so having it all in one set makes it heaps more convenient for me.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So what is fight of the year for you guys? Off the top of my head I'm going to go with Poirier vs. Korean Zombie

I'm trying my best to remember. 2012 has been a relatively forgettable year TBH. Fitch vs. Silva is the only fight that springs to mind after your choice.

And a heads up for you pc people in the crowd - Amazon has Hitman Absolution for $20; the THQ pack for $7.99 (Homefront, Metro 2033, Red Faction Armageddon, Red Faction Guerilla, Warhammer, and Stalker); and Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle for $11.99.
I already had the THQ pack and Amalur, but I just bought Hitman: Absolution... Never played a Hitman game before, hope it's good.

ShaneB

I'm drawing a blank on my fight of the year. Maybe I just need a reminder, and there were lots of great fights no doubt, but nothing is sticking out in my head as a clear winner.

I'll go with a bit of a dark horse for my Card of the Year though.... TUF Live Premiere. It still sticks out as so damn awesome. 16 fights... 1 round each. It was terrific, no bs filler to promo each fight for 15 minutes, just constant action.

Heel

Tito Ortiz to appear on upcoming episode of Celebrity Ghost Story to recount night Jenna Jameson was trapped by an entity.

lol I think I stumbled on this months and months ago, unless she's peddling ghost stories to multiple shows. She got locked in her bathroom and all the lights went off, and Tito nearly cracked his skull trying to open the door.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
lol I think I stumbled on this months and months ago, unless she's peddling ghost stories to multiple shows. She got locked in her bathroom and all the lights went off, and Tito nearly cracked his skull trying to open the door.

Were it not for that pesky 7th back surgery he could have taken that ghost into deep waters.

I remember the all heavyweight UFC 146 being surprisingly amazing. Check that undercard too.

ugghh no UFC 146 was lame. Every main card fight was predictable as all fuck with the only unexpected result being Hardy KTFOing Duane Ludwig (which fucked up my parlay arrrggghhh).. Of course I'm extra salty about that card having paid good money to go there and see JDS/Overeem, Cain/Mir, Nelson/Bigfoot and Struve/Hunt in the arena, so yeah.

UFC had as shitty a 2012 as they did a 2011. If I was hard pressed to pick a FOTY though it'd definitely be Jung/Poirier.

Card of the year? UFC 144 by a landslide.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The rematch allowed Edgar to remove all doubt regarding his superiority to Benson Henderson and confirmed his status as the GOAT Lightweight.

Top Bottom