• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

FACE

Banned
HOW ABOUT YES, PLAYBOY?

iLWSStaPeM4WC.gif

Heel

A healthy Cain will beat JDS in a few short weeks.

Please join the Cain Train featuring Conductor Cumbr, or go on record with how wrong you are so we can quote you and reply with Michael Jordan gifs after Lame Dana buttons that strap around Cain's waist.

Thank you, friends.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
A healthy Cain will beat JDS in a few short weeks.

Please join the Cain Train featuring Conductor Cumbr, or go on record with how wrong you are so we can quote you and reply with Michael Jordan gifs after Lame Dana buttons that strap around Cain's waist.

Thank you, friends.

JDS by 2nd round T/KO.

Then we can expect a hot promo from Black Fedor on how he will avenge his protege after he beats Mir in summer 2013.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Lyoto vs Hendo in a 3-round fight? And the main event is Rousey x Camouche?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/218/530/wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

Dan Henderson only has enough gas for 2-3 rounds anyway. I bet he's thanking his lucky stars.

MjFrancis

When our MMA folk hero loses the the superior evasive karate master, what then? Are we going to really miss out on our chance to see him dethrone the LHW champion?

Screw this Chael Sonnen shit, I want to see Jones scrap with Henderson. Failing that, we can hope for the TUF curse to take Sonnen out of the fight. With how MMA luck goes, Jones might be the one forced out by injury. Since Dana White can just make up top contenders as he goes along anyways he could get Henderson to fight Sonnen for the Interim title anyways.

When our MMA folk hero loses the the superior evasive karate master, what then? Are we going to really miss out on our chance to see him dethrone the LHW champion?

Screw this Chael Sonnen shit, I want to see Jones scrap with Henderson. Failing that, we can hope for the TUF curse to take Sonnen out of the fight. With how MMA luck goes, Jones might be the one forced out by injury. Since Dana White can just make up top contenders as he goes along anyways he could get Henderson to fight Sonnen for the Interim title anyways.
They won't fight each other, they're friends.

And on Dec 29th, Cain is back to can status. That reminds me, I have dibs on making the thread for 155, time to get to work.

MjFrancis

Host Samurai said:
Never understood the Cain hype. Hes a mid level gatekeeper at best.
Neither Cain nor JDS has ever really seemed threatened in the octagon. Both have their fluke losses, JDS via submission years ago and Cain via super awesome right hand death punch. Thing is, JDS has a UFC career's worth of gatekeepers at his feet. You could safely count Cain's notable wins on one hand and still have room for the ring girls. Then you got to wonder if he's decided to injure his rotator cuff again.

Cain's still a gatekeeper. A higher-tier gatekeeper, sure, but when he gets knocked out by Dos Santos again his stock is going to drop hard.

Cain is a Mexican American.
I wonder if Sprint would sponsor a white guy with a 'white pride' tattoo on his chest?

For Fight Club members, tickets go on sale today for UFC 157 at the Honda Center at 10am PST.

Anyone else going?
I'd love to as I'd like to see Ronda, Hendo, and Machida fight live at some point and I'd like to go to California at some point, so two birds, one stone. But is Anaheim a tourist friendly city? I was looking at it on Google Maps and it looks scurry. Plus the Honda Center looks like its in the middle of nowhere.

I wonder if Sprint would sponsor a white guy with a 'white pride' tattoo on his chest?

I'd love to as I'd like to see Ronda, Hendo, and Machida fight live at some point and I'd like to go to California at some point, so two birds, one stone. But is Anaheim a tourist friendly city? I was looking at it on Google Maps and it looks scurry. Plus the Honda Center looks like its in the middle of nowhere.
Anaheim is super tourist friendly. It's where Disneyland is for fuck's sake.

It's part of Orange County which is like the white people suburbs outside of LA.

If you're looking to book a room I'd suggest the Marriott by LAX, that's where the fighters and everybody usually stay at when they fight at the Honda Center.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
JDS
Overeem
Werdum
Barnett
DC

are all more impressive than Cain. Maybe even Carwin too if he comes back in good shape. Mir also matches up very well with Cain too.

No to everyone aside from Overeem. For a guy who swears Cain hasn't beaten anyone, how are you impressed by Werdum beating Nelson and Russow or DC beating Bigfoot and Barnett?

Heel

JDS
Overeem
Werdum
--------------------
Barnett
DC

are all more impressive than Cain. Maybe even Carwin too if he comes back in good shape. Mir also matches up very well with Cain too.

Added the line where you cross into insanity, friend. I don't necessarily agree with Werdum but I can see the argument stylistically.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sergei Kharitonov
Brett Rogers
Geronimo Dos Santos
Siala Mou Siliga
Gilbert Yvel
Pedro Rizzo
Jeff Monson
Hidehiko Yoshida

It's not like Barnett has an elite skill set or crazy athleticism that lets you look beyond who he's actually fought recently. His name shouldn't even be mentioned.

FACE

Banned
No to everyone aside from Overeem. For a guy who swears Cain hasn't beaten anyone, how are you impressed by Werdum beating Nelson and Russow or DC beating Bigfoot and Barnett?

JDS ko'd Cain, therefore his resumé is more impressive than Cain's.

Host Samurai, it's not 2005 anymore. Let it go man.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
JDS ko'd Cain, therefore his resumé is more impressive than Cain's.

Host Samurai, it's not 2005 anymore. Let it go man.

I didn't even see JDS on the list but yes, obviously he's more impressive.

What's funny to me is that JDS is unstoppable because he beat Cain (his biggest win) but Cain is apparently a can. How does that work?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I didn't even see JDS on the list but yes, obviously he's more impressive.

What's funny to me is that JDS is unstoppable because he beat Cain (his biggest win) but Cain is apparently a can. How does that work?

Aluminum on aluminum violence.

And who did Cain beat that was so impressive? Zombie Nog? T Virus Lesnar? I thought Nog and Lesnar are cans?

Dos already cleared out HW when get beat Cain.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
And who did Cain beat that was so impressive? Zombie Nog? T Virus Lesnar? I thought Nog and Lesnar are cans?

Dos already cleared out HW when get beat Cain.

Welcome to my "everyone at heavyweight actually sucks" bandwagon. Hell, Dos Santos toughest fight so far was against Mirko's corpse.

Top Bottom