• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Considering how long it took for me to watch the LotR trilogy in any great detail, I'm in no rush to see the Hobbit.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Something about The Hobbit is rubbing me the wrong the way. I loved the LOTR trilogy but I couldn't care less about this.

Probably another wait for Blu-ray release like Skyfall.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Oh noes! They're stepping on Star Movies toes!!11!

Fuck this digital distribution blocking bullshit.

But ontopic:

What arguably impressed me the most about Gus in that fight is how he played a good "tall guy" game. By that I mean, whenever Shogun got close, instead of doing the "Turtle Shuffle Onto Shields Street" like Stuve does when he gets put under pressure, he pushed Shogun away and GTFO. It showed good awareness and composure on Gus' part.

You know who still trains this way? BJ.

Rampage as well, no?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You know who still trains this way? BJ.

So do GSP and Rashad. Difference between GSP/Evans and guys like BJ and Shogun is that the former are paying top dollar to bring in top level coaches and sparring partners while the latter do shit like run around with rocks underwater and practice shitty leg locks in a basement somewhere in Brazil.

I think there are pros and cons with either style. I certainly don't always agree with the Jackson/AKA type of camp where you have 20-30 fighters all doing the same drills. What good is it doing Shane Carwin to ask him to spar with a welterweight who's 60 lbs lighter and 4-5 inches shorter than anyone he's fighting against?

Just got home from seeing Django Unchained and it was fuckawesome. There's a scene with 2 slaves scrapping like they literally have no employable skills to fall back on. Guard work and a nasty kimura.

Oh and UFC 155 OT should be ready tomorrow.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
So do GSP and Rashad. Difference between GSP/Evans and guys like BJ and Shogun is that the former are paying top dollar to bring in top level coaches and sparring partners while the latter do shit like run around with rocks underwater and practice shitty leg locks in a basement somewhere in Brazil.

Shad's camp may have been initially focused around him but Blackzilians is pretty large and broad in scope now. I agree with your point though. This is one of the many things that did Fedor and Cro Cop in. Probably even Lesnar too. I wonder if training with a larger camp is what has kept Nog from completely dissolving.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Just got home from seeing Django Unchained and it was fuckawesome. There's a scene with 2 slaves scrapping like they literally have no employable skills to fall back on. Guard work and a nasty kimura.

Oh and UFC 155 OT should be ready tomorrow.

Is being a slave by definition and employable skill....... well not employable, own-able.

Cody McKenzie is a step below Bruce Leroy and thats saying something. I always enjoy when a guy is good at one particular submission (ie Sass, Paul Harris) but they have to have the skills to get themselves in that position and McKenzie does not have it at a UFC level.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012...e-mma-camps-need-a-more-professional-approach

Am I being trolled here? Dana White telling other people to be "more professional?"

Did he manage to do it without dropping an f bomb?

It's funny cuz the Dragon got finished with the Dragon's signature move.

I probably told this dream on here before but when Brock was still champ I dreamt BJ went up to hw to fight him. He just got tossed around and lost by decision.

I also dreamt that a new fighter used a big sword as his weapon and would cut the other fighter's heads off as his finishing move. Joe Stevenson almost got his sword away before getting cut in half. I remember thinking, wow, they need to make a rule against swords.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Great title and nice putting Maklershed in there :D

Too bad it'll probably be a week+ before I can watch it.

Top Bottom