• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Im still a bit salty that we never got the Brock vs Fedor fight. That would have been something too back in 2008 when they both had dat aura.

That's the thing that really pisses me off about Fedor. We missed out on seeing potentially legendary fights between him and guys like Couture, Mir, Brock, Cain, etc due to his insistence on co-promoting a shifty Russian MMA promotion and taking the easy route just to protect his marketability.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
u4NWo.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dana White said:
I thought it was impossible for this fight to suck. I WAS WRONG!!!!!!
Dana White said:
First time I have ever seen Guida get boo'd out of the building. I am booing too!!
Dana White said:
Ref took a point from Guida for running! This is like the twilight zone!!!! Never thought I would see that
Lolz

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke

ya nice of everyone to call out the Jackson bullshit.
Tho they didn't have much to say when he got Carlos to win the interim title playing the same game.
Danna's just to inconsistant.

Love all the tweets from the pro's calling out the bullshit.
Star-divide

Daniel Cormier

✔

@dc_mma

Wtf is going on here
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Daniel Cormier

✔

@dc_mma

This is crazy. Is he winning the rounds? I don't know what's happening here seriously frustrating
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Daniel Cormier

✔

@dc_mma

"@TDiesel45: @dc_mma same bullshit as Diaz vs Condit" even worse man. Are they training that there man
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Jose 'Scarface' Aldo

✔

@josealdojunior

Congrats @GrayMaynard my brother :)
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Dana White

✔

@danawhite

I thought it was impossible for this fight to suck. I WAS WRONG!!!!!!
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Dana White

✔

@danawhite

First time I have ever seen Guida get boo'd out of the building. I am booing too!!
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Dana White

✔

@danawhite

Ref took a point from Guida for running! This is like the twilight zone!!!! Never thought I would see that
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Dana White

✔

@danawhite

Maynard won that easy!!!! Wasn't that close. HORRIBLE fight!
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Roy Nelson

✔

@roynelsonmma

Gray Maynard is my new hero, just like a video game. #fb
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Roy Nelson

✔

@roynelsonmma

Gray Maynard is the long lost Diaz brother. HE CAME TO FIGHT!
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Luke Rockhold

✔

@rockholdMMA

Man Guida is hard to watch, kudos to @GrayMaynard putting up with that! Good job buddy, way to bring back the W
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Siyar Bahadurzada @SiyarTheGreat

I think the UFC should shave Clay Guida's head as punishment for his performance tonight! RT if you agree!
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Vinny Magalhaes @VinnyMMA

If there were yellow cards in UFC like they used to have in PRIDE, Clay Guida would be paying to fight by now.
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Dan Hardy

✔

@danhardymma

Ugh... seriously? Someone nail his feet to the canvas and make him fight.
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Dan Hardy

✔

@danhardymma

That was the right decision. Greg Jackson's gameplans are going to kill this sport.
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Jake Ellenberger

✔

@EllenbergerMMA

I'm a big fan of both these guys! @GrayMaynard & @clayguida -What a fight!!! @danawhite @ufc
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Tim Kennedy

✔

@TimKennedyMMA

TRASH decision!!!! My teammate @clayguida WON!!! He beat Gray Maynard!!!!! What an amazing execution of a great @JacksonsMMA game plan!
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Melvin Guillard

✔

@Young__Assassin

Wow what a back fire of a game plain
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

The Diamond

✔

@DustinPoirier

I don't know if Guida is winning the fight but he damn sure is winning the dance battle! #yougotserved
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Joe Rogan

✔

@joerogan

I take great comfort knowing that tomorrow night's fight with Wanderlei Silva vs Rich Franklin will be at least 100 times more exciting.
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Daniel Downes

✔

@dannyboydownes

Why are people surprised at guida fighting this way? He's always like this
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Kenny Florian

✔

@kennyflorian

Guida started using footwork very well in his fight w/ Maynard because he was striking & moving. By the end it was only moving, no striking.
23 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Kenny Florian

✔

@kennyflorian

Guida couldn't go toe to toe w/ Gray. That would've been stupid & he prob would've got ko'ed. His gameplan was still excellent.
23 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Leonard Garcia

✔

@badboygarcia

They should take points for holding guys down and running! Let's make fights exciting not boring @ufc
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Patrick Healy

✔

@BamBamHealy

Maynard looks frustrated, but I think anyone would be with Guida's unorthodox-ness
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Ben Askren @Benaskren

Judges finally got one right!
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Ryan Bader

✔

@ryanbader

Nice win @GrayMaynard frustrating, got the job done
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Clay Guida

✔

@clayguida 22 Jun 12

So what do u think of my 'do for tonight? Leave ur comments below the article: ow.ly/bLPpb

Miesha Tate

✔

@MieshaTate

@clayguida I think you totally Stole my fight hair style! #SwaggerJack
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

David Rickels @TheCaveman316

Jackson camp ruining mma for me. Stand and fight.
22 Jun 12

Retweet
Favorite

Star-divide

Amir Sadollah

✔

@amirMMA

Congrats @GrayMaynard ! Close fight, my favorite part was the arguing lol

TheNatural

My Member!
Huge difference between how Conduit fought and how Guida did.

Yeah wish people would STFU with that shit.

Guida-Maynard_Fight_Metric.jpg

compustrike.png

49 fucking strikes for Guida is horrific, especially when you look at the last two rounds where Gray and the ref did everything they could to get him to engage.

Condit had over three times as many strikes. Condit wouldn't let himself be walked down by Diaz's C level boxing, but engaged in the middle. Guida just did his best Mike Myers SNL spaz kid impression around the cage.

Heel

Huge difference between how Conduit fought and how Guida did.

The Carpenter crossed the Starnes line. Never cross the Starnes line.

There's definitely a difference. Notice how Uncle Dana didn't flip out on Conduit for what he did, even though he would've loved to have had Nick win that fight. He's on record saying Conduit won his fight and The Carpenter was blown out.

So glad this shitty game plan of running away and scoring by points backfired against them ( Greg Jackson's camp) this time. Fuck running away. People payed for a fight, not to watch a marathon LOL.

TheNatural

My Member!
Also on a tangent, I think its funny people consider Shogun got robbed versus Machida the fight time around (he did) but he engaged WAY less than Condit for example with the legs. Somehow this is considered a great fight that Shogun should have won, yet both guys didn't land shit and barely engaged, yet no one says a thing about it. It was closer to last nights fight than Condit-Diaz.

fight-metric.jpg

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Also on a tangent, I think its funny people consider Shogun got robbed versus Machida the fight time around (he did) but he engaged WAY less than Condit for example with the legs. Somehow this is considered a great fight that Shogun should have won, yet both guys didn't land shit and barely engaged, yet no one says a thing about it. It was closer to last nights fight than Condit-Diaz.

fight-metric.jpg

well..I'd like to see the numbers for every Machida fight..I suspect the vast majority of his fights are lower then average since he tends to try to stay out of reach then lunge in and strike then leap away.
I think Machida's the common factor in that. Every fight has some context that the fightmetrics doesn't convey

TheNatural

My Member!
well..I'd like to see the numbers for every Machida fight..I suspect the vast majority of his fights are lower then average since he tends to try to stay out of reach then lunge in and strike then leap away.
I think Machida's the common factor in that. Every fight has some context that the fightmetrics doesn't convey

Just saying, some people in here don't seem to know what they're watching. Comparing what Condit did, to Guida last night is a joke. "Bu bu bu you think Guida is running and Condit did the same thing" is some Sherdog newbie trolling shit. The facts show thats not the case and I can't believe anyone in here who watches MMA for a long time could think thats the case. It's a "Bradley beat Pacquaio" esque statement.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I hate FightMetric. That being said, the Diaz/Condit and Guida/Maynard comparison is absurd. Condit employed a stick and move strategy, Guida had the move down but forgot about the stick.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I didnt watch the fight but was it that bad?

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
sorry if the comparison bugs everyone..
i was more pointing to the fact that it really does seem that the Jackson Camp is trying to turn aggressive fighters in to hit and run point chasers..

I didn't mean Carlos was as bad as Clay..but that Jacksons point fighting strats should be called out more then it is.

Heel

I hate FightMetric. That being said, the Diaz/Condit and Guida/Maynard comparison is absurd. Condit employed a stick and move strategy, Guida had the move down but forgot about the stick.

Agreed, friend. Carlos floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee. No issues with that masterful performance.

I don't even think The Carpenter landed a combination in 5 rounds. He opened a cut early and landed a very nice head kick later in the fight. I think he knew if he hung in the pocket with The Bully he was heading straight to Culture Club Avenue. There was also no way he was going to out grapple him either.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I missed Zorobabel Moreira KO's Roger Huerta With A Soccer Kick
looks like Ones picking up the slack and bringing the brutality back to AsianMMA

1036584-7M0VFAL.gif

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
This looks quite horrific. Dang.

really is it anyworse then JBJ elbow that shattered Vera's cheekbone?
24b6q82.jpgf9y1u.gif

Or Hendo's Flying Right hand that finished Bisping?
bispko11.gif

Or Cain's Elbow turning Bigfoot into a Blood fountain?
cain_blood.gif

Its not like these guys are wearing steeltoe boots and they're kicking chicklets across the room.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The Carpenter crossed the Starnes line. Never cross the Starnes line.

There's definitely a difference. Notice how Uncle Dana didn't flip out on Conduit for what he did, even though he would've loved to have had Nick win that fight. He's on record saying Conduit won his fight and The Carpenter was blown out.

Looks like he will be putting those carpentry skills to use in the near future.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I missed Zorobabel Moreira KO's Roger Huerta With A Soccer Kick
looks like Ones picking up the slack and bringing the brutality back to AsianMMA

1036584-7M0VFAL.gif

I have a shitload of faith in One FC becoming the world's No. 2 MMA promotion in the next few years, and it's Pride-style highlights like this that will seal the deal.

I hope they book an event for Taiwan in the near future.

dream

lol@Roger Huerta. Shoulda fought NYBA after all, moran. and why would you turtle up in front of someone when soccer kicks are allowed. Just lol@that scrub.

ShaneB

really is it anyworse then JBJ elbow that shattered Vera's cheekbone?

Or Hendo's Flying Right hand that finished Bisping?

Or Cain's Elbow turning Bigfoot into a Blood fountain?

Its not like these guys are wearing steeltoe boots and they're kicking chicklets across the room.

I've seen all of those, and yes, I think this looks worse. He's clearly defenseless and wondering what the heck is going on, getting tossed around like a ragdoll, and then gets tee'd up and soccer kicked to the head. This is what would happen when refs don't step in to stop fights, edit: and as mentioned, it's a horrible position to put yourself in as well.

But that's my opinion.

Anyways!... on last nights fight, from here

"On the other hand, Guida definitely needed to go more on the offensive, and referee Dan Miragliotta finally halted the action to warn him in the fourth round, as he should have since the Unified Rules of MMA lists "Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent" as a foul that can result in a point deduction. Miragliotta probably should have warned him sooner."

This I did not know. Neato.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
ya i wish the refs would hand out point deductions way sooner and more often for this kinda of crap..it would force the guys to fight or lose.

When its blatant like this or like when silva ran around the reff to avoid demian maia it should be just an automatic point deduction with no warning..then they'll figure..shit guess you shouldn't play games

Heel

lol@Roger Huerta. Shoulda fought NYBA after all, moran. and why would you turtle up in front of someone when soccer kicks are allowed. Just lol@that scrub.

Mr. Machine was right, Roger does not belong at 170. In fact he may want to reconsider his modeling career.

dream

Huerta really fell apart. Jokes aside he didn't used to be that bad.

He was totally protected in the Ultimate, though.

I just looked up his record and, aside from a gift Joe he was fed for his Bellator debut (which still took him 12 minutes to win), he hasn't won a fight since December of 2007. This amuses me.

Heel

FX post presser is up.

The Bully coming off like an outgoing Diaz brother. Asking for a shot at the belt again and again. I love this guy.

"I can't wait to see the Fight Metrics..." - The Carpenter. That about sums it up.

Howdy fellas. Back from Atlantic City. Not the greatest fights of all time but it was a lot of fun and a great venue to watch it in. The Revel is amazing.

Also, the next day I was at a Starbucks and Joey Gambino was right behind me in line - he had a HUGE fuckin gash on his forehead that looked horribly stitched with gel all over it. His girfriend is insane hot too btw.

dream

Howdy fellas. Back from Atlantic City. Not the greatest fights of all time but it was a lot of fun and a great venue to watch it in. The Revel is amazing.

Also, the next day I was at a Starbucks and Joey Gambino was right behind me in line - he had a HUGE fuckin gash on his forehead that looked horribly stitched with gel all over it. His girfriend is insane hot too btw.

Help us run our book club.

Heel

Oh my Fedor you guys need to hear Clay in this presser. There is some extremely damning evidence that Mestre Jackson stole his soul.

He doesn't wanna be a Rock'em Sock'em Robot for the Jersey Shore goombas? Dat salt.

dream

I tried running a book club on GAF before and it didn't go well. Cyan had to take the reins from me. He was good at updating regularly and facilitating conversation and what not.

um, we are fans of the Ultimate. We have no expectations beyond someone to have some vague semblance of an idea of how to do this.

Heel

I say we just make a group on GoodReads and define stopping points for conversation. Let's not get too fancy for our bloodsport minds.

Top Bottom