• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Someone called someone a "fucking faggot" but I can't quite make out who it was. Help?

edit: I guess it was Jason Guida. That's deplorable language.

I swear I've heard Gray say that before -- I think in one of the Edgar fights.

ShaneB

ibsaT3NzfFSach.gif

LOL, god damn you guys kill it with perfect GIF responses.

I say we just make a group on GoodReads and define stopping points for conversation. Let's not get too fancy for our bloodsport minds.

Agreed, we're bottom of the barrel barbarians here with this bloodsport brutality belittling our brains. (aliteration intended....)

if speaking were an employable skill, Gray Maynard still wouldn't have any employable skills to fall back on.

I'm just glad he won. If Clay had gotten the decision... maybe Dana could've cut him to prove a point.

Heel

Gary Goodridge said:
I just wanted to let you all know what a great man Bob Sapp is. Today he accepted a fight with a promoter and in his stipulations he included that they must pay Gary Goodridge $500 to help with brain injury. This should not go unnoticed and should be commended. Thanks Bob, your heart and your memory is as big as you are. please no fighter bashing. For those who don't know Bob, he is a great man. Going to pick up money from the post office right now.

9MvfD.jpg

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm guessing the Gray/Clay fight isn't worth watching? I'm actually a bit of a fan of Maynard since he hasn't really LnP'ed for quite some time. He and Benson also made Frankie's last three fights entertaining, and there's always good value in watching him KO himself. Can't stand Guida though and have never understood how anyone can call him exciting when he fights like a stupid burping magnet made of hair. Sounds like Jackson got him to switch his polarity and without the frizz flying everywhere it became more obvious how unnecessary and irrelevant all his damn bouncing is.

Did Guida turn his back and run at any point? Jones has done it and even though Condit both floated and stung like a butterfly against Diaz it was only his jogs back to the other side of the cage that I really disliked. I think it's hilarious how Machida and Anderson have backgrounds as actual point fighters (TKD and Karate) but are the best in the UFC at maintaining distance and picking engagements without becoming tap-and-run fighters with no power or ability to effectively attack.

Heel

So I'm guessing the Gray/Clay fight isn't worth watching? I'm actually a bit of a fan of Maynard since he hasn't really LnP'ed for quite some time. He and Benson also made Frankie's last three fights entertaining, and there's always good value in watching him KO himself. Can't stand Guida though and have never understood how anyone can call him exciting when he fights like a stupid burping magnet made of hair. Sounds like Jackson got him to switch his polarity and without the frizz flying everywhere it became more obvious how unnecessary and irrelevant all his damn bouncing is.

Did Guida turn his back and run at any point? Jones has done it and even though Condit both floated and stung like a butterfly against Diaz it was only his jogs back to the other side of the cage that I really disliked. I think it's hilarious how Machida and Anderson have backgrounds as actual point fighters (TKD and Karate) but are the best in the UFC at maintaining distance and picking engagements without becoming tap-and-run fighters with no power or ability to effectively attack.

All that needs to be seen, the moment in which Clay Guida's entire fanbase was claimed by The Bully 2.0 aka The Diaz Brother from Another Mother.

9.gif

tass0

Banned

Only worthwhile moment of the fight:

Maynard-vs-Guida-knees-guillotine-running.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I heard the oft-repeated concept of a "Brazillian soccer stadium" in reference to JDS vs. Cain 2 being taken off the UFC 152 card.

Either that or Cain is hurt again.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The rumor about Cain being injured has been going on since 146 though.

LOL Dana & Co

They really don't understand the internet at all. The ZP dude is pretty lame though for watermarking every gif he does.

[IM]http://www.abload.de/img/0054_v8ecz.gif[/IMG]

The watermarking is probably why he got busted. You can't stop guys from making gifs but watermarking them is pretty stupid.

Boogie

I heard the oft-repeated concept of a "Brazillian soccer stadium" in reference to JDS vs. Cain 2 being taken off the UFC 152 card.

Either that or Cain is hurt again.

Sure, you can fill a stadium in Brazil for JDS/Cain. But surely the gate money won't beat out what they could do in Toronto.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Wasn't Satoshi Ishii retiring after his loss to Fedor awhile back?

I thought that Fedor had injured his head too much for him to fight again. But obviously that's not true now I guess.

Sure, you can fill a stadium in Brazil for JDS/Cain. But surely the gate money won't beat out what they could do in Toronto.

You're on stage 2 of the Kübler-Ross, man. It's time for you to accept your new Brazilian overlords.

Boogie

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be treated to the news of UFC 152: Franklin vs. Bisping any day now.

lol..... ;(

But seriously, if Dana thinks the Mecca of MMA is going to gobble up his chicken shit and ask for seconds, he's going to have another thing coming...

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Can you guys help me figure out what fight I saw on yesterday's card. It was the last fight on FX before the broadcast ended but I'm not sure if it was an earlier fight reshown. A Brazilian was dominating the fight but kept getting nailed by upkicks and in the third round he got finished by punches.

Top Bottom