• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Kevtones

Alex said:
Does anyone need any help with any 1 or 2 star quest? I'm still going to wait for my duo buddy to get back before doing the 2 star urgent (after I get my damned plate...)

I will later tonight... I need to capture a Ludroth :)

Poyunch

I Push Fat Kids said:
I will later tonight... I need to capture a Ludroth :)
Same. I'm sort of exhausted with MH3 for the night but I always say that and then later I come back for more. So maybe...

When do coma sacs and basically the ingredients for the Morpheus Knife come up. What HR do I have to be?

God, after numerous tries I finally got my first Rathian...well I didn't kill it but captured it. I don't care, I completed the mission so I'm happy :p Now I need to prepare before I can fight Lagiacrus.

Hiltz

Didn't get much time to play but the little time spent was worthwhile.

- forged the Barroth armor set (except for leggings)
- slayed Gobul ( I really, really hate that thing)
- started level 4 quest (I want my long sword now!)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, a little weapon upgrading and I certainly kicked his ass. Can't wait to forge this Steel Fire gun though...

Kevtones

Few questions:

- Are there bonuses for getting entire sets of armor? Say Jaggi everything?

- Good tips/weapons to use against Barroth?

- Realistically, how many hours of content are in this game?

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
I Push Fat Kids said:
Few questions:

- Are there bonuses for getting entire sets of armor? Say Jaggi everything?

- Good tips/weapons to use against Barroth?

- Realistically, how many hours of content are in this game?

1) Yes, of course. Each full set of armor usually gives 2-3 bonuses and one negative bonus. You can put decorations in slots in your armor to contradict negative bonuses, buff positive ones even further or try to gain a whole new bonus.

2) Hammer, flash bombs and a pitfall trap. Smash his face in.

3) A lot! especially if you go online.

Kevtones

CheapChampagne said:
1) Yes, of course. Each full set of armor usually gives 2-3 bonuses and one negative bonus. You can put decorations in slots in your armor to contradict negative bonuses, buff positive ones even further or try to gain a whole new bonus.

2) Hammer, flash bombs and a pitfall trap. Smash his face in.

3) A lot! especially if you go online.

Awesome thanks :D

Tenbatsu

Monster Hunter Tri Invades Rockefeller Center Station!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/04/30/monster_hunter_tri_invades_rockefeller_center_station!

Teknoman said:
That would've been cool. Havent they done something like that before?
Yes they did that for some monsters for the japanese version.

Gino said:
So do the event quests have expiration dates? I got the heads I need but I don't have anywhere near enough money. I might need some hides too. The head seems like it would be good to have around when you're doing resource missions.
Properly 2 weeks before they change to another. But don't worry it will be back again.

Teknoman said:
What does the Ludroth event give? I still need to beat Barroth online to get HR9.
Jumbo Pearl

Eteric Rice said:
Where do I get frog bait? :O
Area 2 near the exit to area 4 on the bark at flooded forest.

CHARMS (Sorry for reposting)
nwy4ow.jpg

6z3mvs.jpg

Hope this is useful for you guys. Am not sure if the names of the Talisman are correct not thou.

Luigiv: Can you help to put this in the OP?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Hawkian said:
How did that run on your 4890?
40-50fps max settings with windows 7
Q6600 2.4 original clocking. I'm waiting for a new cpu cooler before I overclock it.

My friend gets 35-45fps same settings with his 5770.

There are no words for how fun it is to play games with quality mods such as Chaos Physics.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... i need 1 more Monster Bone L to make a new Great Sword, i already got one and have no idea where i got it. Looking at MH3 Wiki, it says i can get one from a Gobul quest, but i still haven't beat that monster! Where did the one i got came from? Is it a rare drop from Barroth or something? I really want something else than that Jaggi Great Sword i've been using for too long. :(

Dreavus

I'm curious, are the 5 star quests the last of the single player offline portion of the game? I've played this game for an obscene amount of time already but just wondering how much there is to go (I JUST unlocked the volcano area). I never want this game to end. :lol

Tenbatsu

Bisnic said:
So... i need 1 more Monster Bone L to make a new Great Sword, i already got one and have no idea where i got it. Looking at MH3 Wiki, it says i can get one from a Gobul quest, but i still haven't beat that monster! Where did the one i got came from? Is it a rare drop from Barroth or something? I really want something else than that Jaggi Great Sword i've been using for too long. :(
From big size monster, as carve or reward.

This game was very, very easy for me up until Barroth. That son.of.a.bitch. keeps killing me. Finally resorted to upgrading from my Hunter's level-armor to the Ludroth set. Haven't tested yet, but I think it should help. Also got my hammer as upgraded as it can go until I kill Gobul.

Gonna fuck Barroth up soon. I can feel it!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Soka said:
This game was very, very easy for me up until Barroth. That son.of.a.bitch. keeps killing me. Finally resorted to upgrading from my Hunter's level-armor to the Ludroth set. Haven't tested yet, but I think it should help. Also got my hammer as upgraded as it can go until I kill Gobul.

Gonna fuck Barroth up soon. I can feel it!

Barroth isn't that bad(at least in offline mode). Just keep running and dodging when he gets ready to charge and dont get too close when he swipe his tail.(also, cutting the tail helps). Also getting Mud +10 with jewels makes you immune to the mud Barroth throws at you.(it might still hurts a little if you get hit i think, but that's about it.)

Now, i only fought Gobul once, but i already know that one is going to be more of a bitch. I died so fast trying to hit his antenna for the subquest, but its hard & dangerous to attack in front of a monster with a slow weapon.

Bisnic said:
Barroth isn't that bad(at least in offline mode). Just keep running and dodging when he gets ready to charge and dont get too close when he swipe his tail.(also, cutting the tail helps). Also getting Mud +10 with jewels makes you immune to the mud Barroth throws at you.(it might still hurts a little if you get hit i think, but that's about it.)

Now, i only fought Gobul once, but i already know that one is going to be more of a bitch. I died so fast trying to hit his antenna for the subquest, but its hard & dangerous to attack in front of a monster with a slow weapon.

I can cut the tail with a hammer right? Just have to keep hitting it?

Owzers

Soka said:
I can cut the tail with a hammer right? Just have to keep hitting it?

pretty sure hammers cant cut tails off, but they can smash things like barroths head crest protector...thing.

Insaniac

whats a good ammo to use for bowgun when in co-op? I tend to stick to Pierce Slvl2 and Pellet 2 (I'm careful with my shots though) Is the Slicing shot good?

Alex

It all has different effects. For example, pierce shot has less of an attack power modifier, but it will cut all of the way through a monster, so it's good to use on large ones and in a way that can pierce through them as many times as possible.

Pellet is shotgun fire, meaning buckshot spread, it's good for clearing off many small enemies (or small fast moving ones you dont wish to aim against if you're using a light gun), but not as good on a single target because if you hit your chum with it, it will likely hit them too and put a small stun on them.

Slicing Shot is new, it can sever tails, that's its main purpose.

Whatever ammo type you want to use really depends on the monster. Elemental shots are usually great but suffer from dreadfully low clip counts early on, crag and cluster tend to be good early on (I'm unsure if they fixed later game use of them) Normal S2 is always good, Normal S3 is very situational.

I always bring a stack of Para ammo and Sleep ammo when I gun.

Man, FUCK lagiacrus. What bullshit fucking piece of shit. Tight ass fucking corridor flooded forest piece of crap, invisible fucking walls FUCK! SHIT FUCKING CAMERA.

And you know what else? Why the SHIT do all fucking NPCs have to tell me the fucking story of their lives every goddamned time i want to buy a cple of potions or select a quest or whatever. What is this? Why do i have to fucking click away for 10 fucking minutes through stupid ass shit? What am i, their goddamned shrink or something?

Edit: Sure, lagi, while i'm stunned by your bullshit attack, which didnt hit anywhere near me, why not have you friend gobul suck me in, chew me up a little bit, and then while i recover, you just swoop in to finish me off.

Barroth kicks my ass, causing me to fail the mission about 5 times. I finally get him.

Gobul? Killed him on my first attempt, no death or even-near death experience, didn't bother fishing him out of the water. What the hell. I thought he was the difficult one. The only difficulty was that his stupid ass burrowed under ground in zone 3, but my paintball had worn off and I ran out of extra ones, and then I spent 10 minutes trying to find him again. He ended up in zone 8. How, I don't know, but the point was, the fight itself wasn't that bad for me.

Remfin

Fistwell said:
And you know what else? Why the SHIT do all fucking NPCs have to tell me the fucking story of their lives every goddamned time i want to buy a cple of potions or select a quest or whatever. What is this? Why do i have to fucking click away for 10 fucking minutes through stupid ass shit? What am i, their goddamned shrink or something?
Advance the conversation using the B button (or whatever the CC-equivalent is) and it skips most of the dialogue boxes.

Soka said:
Barroth kicks my ass, causing me to fail the mission about 5 times. I finally get him.

Gobul? Killed him on my first attempt, no death or even-near death experience, didn't bother fishing him out of the water. What the hell. I thought he was the difficult one. The only difficulty was that his stupid ass burrowed under ground in zone 3, but my paintball had worn off and I ran out of extra ones, and then I spent 10 minutes trying to find him again. He ended up in zone 8. How, I don't know, but the point was, the fight itself wasn't that bad for me.
8 is where he goes to die i think, that's why. Just you wait till he tag-teams your ass with his butt-buddy lagiacrus.

Remfin said:
Advance the conversation using the B button (or whatever the CC-equivalent is) and it skips most of the dialogue boxes.
Well ok, i didnt know that. Thanks.

Any EU player online?

Danielsan

A this rate I will never hit HR9.
Stupid Barroth quests...

Thing is that I'm not even the one dying. :(
I don't blame the last team I was in though.
They did fairly welll. Just bad luck.

Alex

I'll help you do the Barroth quest if you like. I'm still waiting for a friend to get back to resume plate farming before doing the 2 star urgent and progressing. I've been capped at HR17 for so freaking long now, ugh.

We could duo it right now really if youd like. Ill mess that dude up! I like fighting the Barroth.

Saya

I Push Fat Kids said:
Had a great time with Nick, Lulu, and Superaan!

4 Jaggi
Quru Capture

Good stuff :D

Yeah, that was fun. I was the lance guy, Superaap. Too bad the cord of my USB keyboard is so short. I have to move to my Wii each time I want to type something.

This was my first serious attempt at some online missions and it was great. I'll be on later today again for some Great Jaggi hunting (really want that head!). :D

Tenbatsu

Alex said:
I'll help you do the Barroth quest if you like. I'm still waiting for a friend to get back to resume plate farming before doing the 2 star urgent and progressing. I've been capped at HR17 for so freaking long now, ugh.
You can get the plate easier offline by cutting the tail, smashing the head and picking up the tears. Or maybe you know it already just that luck is not on your side? >_<

Alex

I'm doing it online in a duo, I dont have it unlocked offline yet as I dont wish to see the urgent without my friend.

And yeah, we smash/cut every part of it and cap it, 35+ attempts, no dice. We can bust it up and cap it in about 8-9 mins so it's fast, but Christ I am sick of it. This is retribution for getting it near instantly on MH1 and MHFU, I suppose.

PS: My friend who did all of this with me has 6 or 7 plates. Ugh. I'm about to just call it quits and move on, shoulda done so awhile ago, but I'm stubborn.

Danielsan

Nevermind.
Made it to rank 9.
Went on a two man mission with a fellow Dutchie and we killed him in less than 30 minutes. :D

However I'm now stuck on a loading screen inbetween sections of the map.
I can see my buddie moving around on the map but I can't do anything. :lol

windfish

Fistwell said:
Man, FUCK lagiacrus. What bullshit fucking piece of shit. Tight ass fucking corridor flooded forest piece of crap, invisible fucking walls FUCK! SHIT FUCKING CAMERA.

Edit: Sure, lagi, while i'm stunned by your bullshit attack, which didnt hit anywhere near me, why not have you friend gobul suck me in, chew me up a little bit, and then while i recover, you just swoop in to finish me off.

:D too bad i wasn't there!

demonkaze

I'm about to attempt Barroth offline as I've still yet to do it and I was wondering something. I've already beat him a few times online and have been using the Spiral Lance as Lance's are my main however i'm wondering if I should go with the flame hammer for offline (note that I haven't used hammers on Tri yet, was not too bad with them on Unite).

Kevtones

After ACTUALLY PREPPING while drunk, I just beat Barroth offline. I used the SnS upgrade of Ludroth's Nail and rocked it. I would've had it on my previous lack-of-prep attempt but I ran out of whetstone and my weapon ceased to injure the beast.

Love this game.

DataBot

I have killed Uragaan yesterday 5 times not 1 Uragaan jaw thats the 1 need everyone else got some.
Its like the game knows you need jaws, but you wont get it HA HA HA thx Capcom.

This game is awesomesauce, I wish I didn't have homework this weekend. :( And how late are you guys waiting to go online? I don't want to be too weak when playing with people.

Danielsan

Went from not being able to get party good enough to kill a Barroth to a Barroth slaying machine. Massive props to the player Adonis. We took down a Barroth by ourselves twice. We also did some other quests including Gobul, 4 Great Jaggies, Ludroth and a Barroth capture quest. It's hilarious how quickly we sliced through the Jaggies and Ludroth. :lol

I also finally figured out the combo that charges my Long Sword. :lol

Haunted

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
This game is awesomesauce, I wish I didn't have homework this weekend. :( And how late are you guys waiting to go online? I don't want to be too weak when playing with people.
There are usually a wide range of skilled people online. Easy to find starter hunters (HR1-HR9).

If you've upgraded your weapon once or twice and have captured at least a Jaggi and Quru before, you'll be fine.

DataBot said:
No.
Its a very rare chance that you will get quest item reward bonus, forge it only when you have the Guild Armor than you could get great luck maybe .

Check Armor Skill Fate http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Armor_Skill_List
Sometimes =! very rare.

I won't chalk it up to the Mask alone, but I feel I've gotten more rares recently. More Quality sponges after the R.Ludroth event quest then before, for example.

Top Bottom