• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have to bring as much healing stuff as you bring, I'm probably going to end up dying in the fight anyway.

Oh I don't use it all, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna cart. Sometimes I'll use max potions to offset the meal I chose for awesome abilities like Felyne Explorer.

The mesh tank tops on the Nargacuga armours look so bad :(
Can't get a bunch of evasion skills with heavy plates now.

vareon

A hunt just went stupidly long because Jho showed up and Barioth just decided to chill out on the same room and I'm out of dung bombs :/

Also decided to hunt Azure Rathalos, just because. Lo and behold, Mantle.

Saw my first Savage Jho yesterday. Ran like hell from it. No way I'm going to try a Jho while wearing Selene armor, equipped with a fire bow, while trying to take down a Duramboros in a solo hunt. Duram didn't like it ether and left as soon as Jho showed up. I hit Jho with a paint arrow then booked. Continued the fight all over the map with Duram when it finally limped...right into an area with Jho. I ran in from the opposite side and just stood there as Jho absolutely laid into Duram, knocked it over, then finished it off for me in a few seconds. I carved while Jho ate. Thanks Jho!

Hoodbury

Saw my first Savage Jho yesterday. Ran like hell from it. No way I'm going to try a Jho while wearing Selene armor, equipped with a fire bow, while trying to take down a Duramboros in a solo hunt. Duram didn't like it ether and left as soon as Jho showed up. I hit Jho with a paint arrow then booked. Continued the fight all over the map with Duram when it finally limped...right into an area with Jho. I ran in from the opposite side and just stood there as Jho absolutely laid into Duram, knocked it over, then finished it off for me in a few seconds. I carved while Jho ate. Thanks Jho!

I still need to tag me a Savage jho. I usually run as well, lol.

Almost new thread time. I can taste it.

Pretty close. If Andrex is taking thread title suggestions, I think having the server/lobby that GAF uses would be nice to have in the title. Something like

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| FreeC/Lobby9/Pass In OP

and have the password the first thing you see when you quote the OP. That way everyone knows where to go and anyone who is new to the game knows where to meet up too.

I need a Monster Bone L to make my Jawbone+ GS. I'm currently farming Barroth for one (supposedly he can drop/quest reward it). However, I'm wondering how the straight "Iron" tree for GS is instead?

Mainly I'm only concerned with early game, since I am still trying to finish up 3* offline.

Oh wow, almost time for OT2.

Pretty close. If Andrex is taking thread title suggestions, I think having the server/lobby that GAF uses would be nice to have in the title. Something like

and have the password the first thing you see when you quote the OP. That way everyone knows where to go and anyone who is new to the game knows where to meet up too.

I like this.

Hoodbury

But that's not funny...

NeOak

1 moreeeeee for 20k!

Hmmm that would be useful

DaBoss

Well let's get this over with.
Wall of Fame
Shame
CUHX2My.png

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| We succeeded, we don't need to try Tri again!

Tri servers are almost dead.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";55624952]The first time I fought a Glacial Agnaktor, I was like, "God damn this guy is huge, and it's not even a crown Glacial!" The second time for the online one it was a crown, but it was only a couple inches larger -_- By the way, why don't monster names show up on my guild card size sheet?

Anyway, what do you guys use in your loadout?

• Potions
  • Mega Potions
  • Max Potions(in case I get comboed and cart)
  • Mega Demondrug x1(to offset Long Sword's low damage at the beginning of the quest)
  • Psychoserum(swapped out my fluffy mask for Ultimate with Slime Attack, so good)
  • Energy Drinks
  • Powertalon
  • Armortalon
  • Paintballs
  • Flash Bomb
  • Mega Pickaxes & Bug Nets (gathering rush in the minute after killing the monster!)
  • Whetstones
  • Honey
  • Herb
  • Blue Mushrooms

I completely ignore status effects and heat. I'll bring hot drinks if I remember, though.[/QUOTE]
Megapotions
Energy Drinks
Hot/Cold Drinks
Whetstones
Pickage/Bugnet

That's all.

Beats

I usually bring this stuff for hunting:

- Book of Combos 1 to 3
- Potions
- Mega Potions
- Max Potions
- Antidotes
- Hot Or Cool Drinks
- Energy Drinks
- Lifepowders (To heal other hunters)
- Lifecrystals
- Power Charm
- Power Talon
- Armor Charm
- Armor Talon
- Whetstones
- Shock Trap
- Tranq Bombs
- Honey
- Dung Bombs
- Wyvern Claws
- Paintballs

I think that's it. I just bring Gold Chordmaker horn if the monster I'm fighting does status effect attacks often.

DaBoss

10 Potions
10 Mega Potions
2 Max Potions
3 Life Powder
Armortalon
Well-Done Steaks (I almost never use it, but I bring it with me just in case)
Paintballs
8 Tranq Bombs
Pitfall Trap
Shock Trap
20 Whetstones
5 Mega Pickaxes

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| OT means "Official Thread"

I like this one.

F da police

Potion
Mega Potion
Well-done Steak
Whetstone
Paintball (only if I don't have Fluffy Mask)
Pitfall Trap/Tranq Bomb (if I'm trapping)
Cold/Hot Drink (for environments)
Mega Pickaxe/Mega Bug Net (if I'm gathering)
Dung Bomb (for multi-monster quests)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuck fuck fuck I cannot take down Lagi without Cha-Cha. Even with Barroth armor his constant attention is just brutal. I need him to not always be focused on me so I can get in a single swing of my hammer without always getting a retaliatory strike.

How do I break Black Diablos' horn in the Sandy Plains? I mean what area is there where I can get him stuck to a wall? Or can i just use my sword and hack at it?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My G Rank Giggi gunner is ready for action. Status Atk +2, Bomb Boost, Loading, Destroyer and (useless to my L. Bowguns) Free Element. It's going to be fun using my Rapid Crag shots and Sleeping everything.

How do I break Black Diablos' horn in the Sandy Plains? I mean what area is there where I can get him stuck to a wall? Or can i just use my sword and hack at it?

You can hack at it. But the best way to to put him to sleep and bomb the hell out of his face. You can do it while he's exhausted and stuck in a bit fall as well, but with less decent results.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuck fuck fuck I cannot take down Lagi without Cha-Cha. Even with Barroth armor his constant attention is just brutal. I need him to not always be focused on me so I can get in a single swing of my hammer without always getting a retaliatory strike.

You get another little mask dude if you do some of the other quests at that level. Lagi is damn near impossible to fight underwater without help, I hate him so much.

DaBoss

I don't get that one either. Is there some inside joke or a monster hunter reference I am just missing?

Neko (Means "Cat")

The guy who takes you to Tanzia.

It also is used for quests, like Brachydios means Trouble.

You get another little mask dude if you do some of the other quests at that level. Lagi is damn near impossible to fight underwater without help, I hate him so much.

I find the Lance is really effective underwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom