• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Maybe, probably not for anything substantial though. The "end game" bores me to tears, I only enjoy the progression. Wouldn't be able to play before a cple of weeks in any case. I'm in the process of moving to another country and my WiiU is almost a 1000Km away.

How have you been?

MonHun never gets boring, ever. I've been fine, where have you moved to?

Anura

A while ago. We had played together in 3U before I had even considered the possibility of importing a jp 3DS with mh4. It was you and what's-his-face who convinced me to do it. I think?

Edit: here you go,

Ah alright. Looks like I'm dumb lol!

Pila

All advanced quests done! Took forever...

I guess I'm gonna hit the Arena now, I want to beat all the Tanzia stuff.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
97 hours played on 3DS and just starting Wii U online. Is there a NeoGAF lobby?

Add NoDepth to play!

tuffy

Anyone here bought the 10th Anniversary t-shirts from Uniqlo?
I'd like the rare item one more if it didn't have a big emblem on the back.

But when is everybody not busy? I'll help out anybody with whatever, but it'll be easier to put together a GAF room when a few people have some free time at the same time.

tuffy

My NNID is "Sassydog" and I can usually find time on most evenings (CDT, GMT-5) or weekends to help out. Farming countless Abyssal Lagiacruses for elusive Dynamos gets tiring so I could use a change of pace.

PKrockin

NNID Meteor_Mash, in the US, I'll be around pretty much all day for about two days before I head out of town. I'm in very early G-rank, or I can help out in low-rank or high-rank and get some practice with other weapons. Shoot me a message. My Wii U will be on a lot since I feel like playing NSMBU, W101 and MH3U lately.

I would post my schedule if I had one to speak of. Work has me out of town all the time.

Some pics I found in my cell phone:

dyDeRsJ.jpg

My character is a girl, I replied "I'm a 54yo guy" and he never replied back. :lol

IG7kI5q.jpg

Mini and King gold crowns in the same quest!

I'm gonna add all the last few NNIDs posted in this thread. I'm currently working on my Artisan Award.

tuffy

I'm currently working on my Artisan Award.
Glad I'm not the only one. I think I've got 19 weapons to go - mostly hammers and hunting horns. After a lucky run where I got 2 Dynamos from one hunt, I should have enough of the rare parts to finish up 3 more Nether weapons. But I still need some not-so-rare stuff. That means hunting a bunch of high rank monsters so I can go down the longer, less Dynamo-intensive weapon upgrade paths.

Glad I'm not the only one. I think I've got 19 weapons to go - mostly hammers and hunting horns. After a lucky run where I got 2 Dynamos from one hunt, I should have enough of the rare parts to finish up 3 more Nether weapons. But I still need some not-so-rare stuff. That means hunting a bunch of high rank monsters so I can go down the longer, less Dynamo-intensive weapon upgrade paths.
I'm missing a lot of weapons, right now I'm just upgrading my stuff to max level, gonna need some Brachydios Gems. :(

you sexy old fart you rrrrrrrrrrRRrrrrrrrrr
*runs*

I'm not 54 by the way, lol.

Unlocked hard mode with my trusty Barroth Gunlance and Armour. Defeated Purple Ludroth, barely. Quest list exploded. The real Monster Hunter starts here I guess!

Anura

Some pics I found in my cell phone:

dyDeRsJ.jpg

My character is a girl, I replied "I'm a 54yo guy" and he never replied back. :lol

IG7kI5q.jpg

Mini and King gold crowns in the same quest!

I'm gonna add all the last few NNIDs posted in this thread. I'm currently working on my Artisan Award.

You should have said "yes I do but I'm a 54yo guy" to weird him out even more.

Pila

Lol, my hunter is a girl too and sometimes people try to be a white knight, always funny.

I never got a creepy PM, my Mii is a bald dude, it must be very disappointing for them to see it...

lol you haven't seen anything yet. Just wait until you get to G :D

That's super exciting. I was supposed to be practicing DOTA, brushing up my Starcraft, building a Hearthstone deck and playing Diablo III with my wee brother's guild but I've played nothing but MH3U for a month. This game.

I wish I was in to more disposable games.

Quadratic

I added a bunch of you guys tonight.

My NNID is Quadratic.

Anyone want to hunt? I'll make a room.

02 FreeB
Lobby 5
NeoGAF
password: GAF

That's super exciting. I was supposed to be practicing DOTA, brushing up my Starcraft, building a Hearthstone deck and playing Diablo III with my wee brother's guild but I've played nothing but MH3U for a month. This game.

I wish I was in to more disposable games.

Heh, the grass is always greener! :)

I seem to have a love it or hate it reaction to games. I just spent a year as a noob to Steam and like so many suddenly found myself with a backlog of 200 odd games. Most of them I would start up and dump very quickly. Some of them I would start up, fall in love with and then play obsessively enthusiastically for hundreds of hours. XCOM EU and FTL say hi!

I only picked up MH3U as my Mario Kart free game as it was the best 'bang for my buck' in terms of what it would cost me to actually buy of those I was interested in. I had no real intention of firing it up anytime soon but all the discussion about it in the new to Wii U threads got my hunting and gathering juices flowing. After wanting to kill the CPU in Mario Kart 150 cc for its cheaty cheating spam item tactics on the final few yards of the last race I needed to get all three stars, thus giving me no chance to recover in time, yet again, I decided to fire up Mon Hun. Less than ten days later and it is already my most played Wii U game at over 80 hours. It even made me go and buy the bigger battery for the gamepad :/.

Not that I'm complaining you understand :). I'm still yet to get to where I was in Tri before I put it down from game overload but hunting and gathering is as enjoyable as I remember it. Our ancestors had a great life!

tuffy

Our ancestors had a great life!
Our descendants, more likely. There's subtle hints that the game is set in some far-flung future rather than in the past. Like how worn weapons turn into futuristic-looking things after throwing a few hundred Earth Crystals into them. Or how Artian armor is a partial set made from hollowed-out robot parts once your fishing fleets bring back enough fragments. It's like everything's taking place in the ruins of a far more advanced civilization.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Our descendants, more likely. There's subtle hints that the game is set in some far-flung future rather than in the past. Like how worn weapons turn into futuristic-looking things after throwing a few hundred Earth Crystals into them. Or how Artian armor is a partial set made from hollowed-out robot parts once your fishing fleets bring back enough fragments. It's like everything's taking place in the ruins of a far more advanced civilization.

I have a friend who says its a few million years after the decline of the Pokemon civilization

Oh sorry, I didn't mean that at all. I meant our hunter/gatherer ancestors in the real world had such a great life. I hadn't even given any thought to where and when the Mon Hun game world is set to be honest. I'm glad you mention it though as I rather like that suggestion and funnily enough it's not dissimilar to a story idea that's been rattling around in my head over the last few days. Perhaps my subconscious is trying to tell me something about Mon Hun's world?! :eek:

tuffy

I'll be around much of the weekend myself forging the last few weapons I need. A couple of them need a rare part or two, but others are just going to take hundreds and hundreds of Earth Crystals or a big pile of Small Goldenfish. I should have most folks on my friend list so I'll try to keep an eye out in case anybody puts together a room.

Anura

I somehow in my infinite wisdom managed to miss place my MH3U disc... I could still play some MH4! But few people have it...

PKrockin

I'm surprised the disc ever left your Wii U in the first place if you really have sunk 4500 hours into the series (which I still don't believe :p)

Anura

I'm surprised the disc ever left your Wii U in the first place if you really have sunk 4500 hours into the series (which I still don't believe :p)
You of all people should know how much I love Smash!
Also
500 on MHFU
900 on Tri
1000 on portable third
900 on MH3U
500 on JPN MH3G
500 on 4.
20 on MH 1

This is rounding down and not counting alts so it adds up above 4500 when adding those in

d0c_zaius

anyone want to start over or just start recently? I played up through the end of G rank but then took a break until now, so I am pretty rusty.

Now I am on a quest to learn the hunting horn. I'll be setting up some beginner games to get back in the swing of things. My ID is 1up_shroom. I'm also not good at mario kart 8.

Top Bottom