• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Ultratech

Did the Ivory Lagia event earlier. He doesn't mess around. :(

I can see where he'd potentially OHKO people, just because he hits that damn hard.

I almost died myself, but had Felyne Moxie on. (That slide has crazy range.)

Funny enough, the room I went into all had guys in Gigginox X and Kelbi Bows.
Needless to say, they were spamming the hell outta him. lol

But nobody died, and I got 2 Tickets and a Sapphire. Can't complain about that.

Also did some H.Jhen and somehow appeased the RNG Gods, getting 4 Ghostly Quartz, an Earth Dragonspire, and an Earth Dragongem all in one quest.

Neki

was doing Mark of the Hero (was on my 3rd try), had less than 5 minutes left when Brachydios leapt at me and right before he landed, Kayamba hit him out of the air and he died.

lol

taybul

Anyone HR 4 (or 3) playing tonight? Think I should play with some GAF people at some point.

What I want to make:
Upgrade to Qurupexspander
Upgrade to Lagia Horn+
Upgrade to Dios Blade+ (All I need is 2 Steel Uragaan Chutes)
No idea what I gear set I want to make (still rock an old full lagia set)... kind of interested in The Plesioth set or Uragaan set. Don't care to grind for this stuff though.

Also I'm curious, what is the Monster Hunter game with the most unique monsters? Including and excluding sub-species. (Let's say the MMO doesn't count.)
I'll be on in a bit if you still need help.

Kandinsky

Wait so you cant rank up at all if you dont do the Port quests?, I'm up to Gigginox and B.Gigginox in Moga and still HR1 lol

Yas at Alatreon draggin me across Sacred Land! I did beat him on my frist try though!

He's got some new deadly moves and now we can use ballistas, including binder! Is he immune to Flash Bomb in MH3U? I missed all five, lol.

Died two times, then I ran out of potions and took a safe approach, landing one or two hits and retreating. With 10 minutes left I managed to beat him!

Tips:

- Don't try to fight Alatreon when he is airborne, use the special ballista binder then hit his head for massive damage

- After the ice rain move, pay attention to his shadow, set bombs right below and kick them to detonate, this is also a good opportunity to use Bounce Bombs and ballista shots

- Use Mega Dash Juice to be able to block all his combos (dat shock attack)

- Try to get Alatreon stuck in the wall, this can be a waste of time though

I gave alatreon a real attempt today with my sleep GS. Managed three bomb runs while paying conservatively to retain potions. 30 minutes in i finally broke both horns.

The wiki said it would get weaker after that. Bullshit.

Fuck this guy so goddam much. No matter what armor and resistance i have, a third of the life bar minimum for every hit. Ugh.

RobbieNick

Alright! Defeated the tag team of Rathian and Rathalos single handedly! Now to get some Carbalite ore and new elements and... what's this?!!!

A WHOLE NEW WOOORRRRLD! A DAZZLING PLACE I NEVER KNEEEEWW!

DaBoss

Alright! Defeated the tag team of Rathian and Rathalos single handedly! Now to get some Carbalite ore and new elements and... what's this?!!!

A WHOLE NEW WOOORRRRLD! A DAZZLING PLACE I NEVER KNEEEEWW!

Misty Peaks it the best area in the game. So scenic...

Neki

Jhen Moran is BS. Reminds me too much of Ceadeus. Any tips?

Look up a Jhen Moran guide, I followed one someone made here and it worked fine for me.

Also, what to do after mark of hero? Work on solo port now? I think Alateron might be too hard for me. XD

DaBoss

Look up a Jhen Moran guide, I followed one someone made here and it worked fine for me.

Also, what to do after mark of hero? Work on solo port now? I think Alateron might be too hard for me. XD

Be a real hunter and do Alatreon in High-Rank gear.

Tip: Bring every healing thing you can and bring lots of materials for Farcasters. They are mad useful.

Neki

Be a real hunter and do Alatreon in High-Rank gear.

Tip: Bring every healing thing you can and bring lots of materials for Farcasters. They are mad useful.

bleh, Mark of the Hero was already bad enough, went through like 20 mega potions, 2 max potions and like 8 far casters. I can't imagine Alatreon xD

L Thammy

Anyone HR 4 (or 3) playing tonight? Think I should play with some GAF people at some point.

What I want to make:
Upgrade to Qurupexspander
Upgrade to Lagia Horn+
Upgrade to Dios Blade+ (All I need is 2 Steel Uragaan Chutes)
No idea what I gear set I want to make (still rock an old full lagia set)... kind of interested in The Plesioth set or Uragaan set. Don't care to grind for this stuff though.

Also I'm curious, what is the Monster Hunter game with the most unique monsters? Including and excluding sub-species. (Let's say the MMO doesn't count.)

I'm only HR3, but if you're still on in one or two hours I could join you. I need some Strange Beaks myself.

EDIT: Nevermind. I should learn to look at posting times.

Ultratech

Played around with setting up some sets and crap.

Didn't realize you could easily gem in Sea Legs for Ocean's Blessing.

All those A. Lagi parts are useful for something after all!

So even with my Jhen set, I've got
-Rock Steady (Quick Recovery; Earplugs, Current Res (Lo), Wind Pressure (Lo))
-Ocean's Blessing (Current Res (Hi), Olympic Swimmer, Endless Oxygen)
-Mind's Eye
-Critical Eye +1 (Talisman/Gem)
-Focus

That's a lot of skills. lol
(I'm sure if I had a better Taliman, I could stick another skill or something better in there.)

Riposte

i looks like just making a room where i should doesn't work. should i announce every time i make a room.

Working on finishing the Jhen set... well, at least I've gotten better at fighting him over all this time! 2 kills, 2 repels.

So I'm doing my first high rank Lagi quest and he's glitching in area 10. His head is stuck in the wall and he just keeps swimming against it. I feel kind of dirty as he literally can't even attack me.

So I'm doing my first high rank Lagi quest and he's glitching in area 10. His head is stuck in the wall and he just keeps swimming against it. I feel kind of dirty as he literally can't even attack me.

Happened to me a few times with Lagi and Plesi. Plesi's such an asshole so I didn't feel bad in the slightest.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm looking to do some Barroth runs to finish off my armor, and kill Gobul and Lagiacrus to finish HR1. Anyone want to join me? Would rather not have to go it alone. :D

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm looking to do some Barroth runs to finish off my armor, and kill Gobul and Lagiacrus to finish HR1. Anyone want to join me? Would rather not have to go it alone. :D

Sure I'll go, I need some Lagi mats to finish the armor anyway. The other two shouldn't take long either. Just gotta transfer back to the WiiU, gimme room info.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Making a room. One sec.

Novices A, Lobby 2.

Name is BarrothGAF. Pass is gaf.

I'm using the Wii U mic, so if you wanna chat that way, feel free.

Hope you guys don't mind doing several runs of Barroth. I need 2 pieces still.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Do any of you fine gents per chance take fancy in a Club Nintendo code for MHU (Wii U version EU)? If so, first reply gets pm.

Kyzon

how exactly am i supposed to fish snarf out? I get the prompt to fish him and always loses the minigame.

It's like Test Your Might minus you having to press the start button. Start mashing the abxy buttons

Edit: Anyone get random screen tearing when using off tv?

Arveene

Neo Member
Do any of you fine gents per chance take fancy in a Club Nintendo code for MHU (Wii U version)? If so, first reply gets pm.

I wouldn't mind getting one. I was disappointed you only got credit for the download version.

Edit:
how exactly am i supposed to fish snarf out? I get the prompt to fish him and always loses the minigame.

I just spin the left analog stick in a circle. You have to start fishing him immediately. You can't try to get some attacks in, sheathe, and then fish out. You won't have enough time for it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't mind getting one. I was disappointed you only got credit for the download version.

Edit: Sorry Arveene!

So the code is only valid for EU. This makes sense and I forgot to say so..

So if any europeans want a club nintendo code for MHU Wii U, reply and you'll get it in pm.

WTF CAPCOM

I pre-ordered the 3DS XL casing early February. I had it shipped to my brother in Singapore to avoid the corrupt customs in my country, and he'll just bring it to my place before he goes to another country. I got an e-mail the next day that my order was canceled so ehh... no loss.

He's already in another country and NOW Capcom suddenly says my order shipped.

thetrin

Thanks for the game, Hattori, L Thammy, and B-Dubs.

I'll be around tomorrow if you guys want to play some more.

On a related note, I now have enough mats to make either a Lagiacrus hammer, or a GS. Having a hard time choosing. I used to play hammer in Portable 2nd G. Has it changed much since then?

Riposte

had fun, whomever you all are on GAF.

no idea what set i should build.

edit: got disconnected. thanks kombaya w/e and co

WTF CAPCOM

I pre-ordered the 3DS XL casing early February. I had it shipped to my brother in Singapore to avoid the corrupt customs in my country, and he'll just bring it to my place before he goes to another country. I got an e-mail the next day that my order was canceled so ehh... no loss.

He's already in another country and NOW Capcom suddenly says my order shipped.

I'm in Singapore. I'll buy it from you and collect from whoever it'll be shipped to.

insin

Neo Member
It's criminal that Yakety Sax doesn't start playing when G Rank G. Baggi goes into rage mode and activates 10 star turbo speed, even as he's limping off.

I just mash A only to grab him. Haven't failed once yet.

Is the Silver Rathalos set worth making? I've had all the other Rath sets and they had their uses, but this ones abilities seem limited. I wish it had Sharpness +1 over 1/2 Sharpness...

That feeling when I lost a Jhen quest with only 30 seconds left... :(

I'm in Singapore. I'll buy it from you and collect from whoever it'll be shipped to.
Depends on what happens. The situation is just so complicated. I sent it to my brother's address but under my name. He doesn't live there anymore, but we know someone who still lives there but I'm not sure if it'll get shipped to the address or the post office, when it even arrives and if a letter of authorization is enough.

Korosenai

Does anyone know where can I can get Hercudrome? Im only on 6 star quests and HR2, but I already have one so far and I have no idea where I got it from. I need it for some high rank Wroggi armor.

Played around with setting up some sets and crap.

Didn't realize you could easily gem in Sea Legs for Ocean's Blessing.

All those A. Lagi parts are useful for something after all!

So even with my Jhen set, I've got
-Rock Steady (Quick Recovery; Earplugs, Current Res (Lo), Wind Pressure (Lo))
-Ocean's Blessing (Current Res (Hi), Olympic Swimmer, Endless Oxygen)
-Mind's Eye
-Critical Eye +1 (Talisman/Gem)
-Focus

That's a lot of skills. lol
(I'm sure if I had a better Taliman, I could stick another skill or something better in there.)

What are the skills like Rock Steady and Ocean's Blessing? I noticed you have others in parentheses after it, are there skills that encompass a 'group' of skills or something?

Does anyone know where can I can get Hercudrome? Im only on 6 star quests and HR2, but I already have one so far and I have no idea where I got it from. I need it for some high rank Wroggi armor.

I got it mining on a tour in 6* offline quests in the Flooded Forest (or bug collecting, either bug collecting or mining)

EDIT: Definitely bug collecting. Just checked Ping.

Lv. Location Area Type
LowRank Volcano Area 1
HighRank Moga Woods Area 1
HighRank Moga Woods Area 2
HighRank Moga Woods Area 3
HighRank Moga Woods Area 4
HighRank Moga Woods Area 5
HighRank Deserted Island Area 1
HighRank Deserted Island Area 2
HighRank Deserted Island Area 3
HighRank Deserted Island Area 4
HighRank Deserted Island Area 5
HighRank Deserted Island Secret
HighRank Sandy Plains Area 4
HighRank Sandy Plains Secret
HighRank Flooded Forest Area 2
HighRank Flooded Forest Area 4
HighRank Flooded Forest Area 7
HighRank Flooded Forest Area 10
HighRank Flooded Forest Secret
HighRank Tundra Area 1
HighRank Tundra Area 3
HighRank Tundra Area 8
HighRank Tundra Area 9
HighRank Volcano Area 1
HighRank Volcano Area 2
HighRank Volcano Area 9
G-Rank Deserted Island Area 1
G-Rank Deserted Island Area 2
G-Rank Deserted Island Area 3
G-Rank Deserted Island Area 4
G-Rank Deserted Island Area 5
G-Rank Deserted Island Area 7
G-Rank Deserted Island Secret
G-Rank Sandy Plains Area 1
G-Rank Sandy Plains Area 4
G-Rank Sandy Plains Area 6
G-Rank Sandy Plains Secret
G-Rank Flooded Forest Area 2
G-Rank Flooded Forest Area 4
G-Rank Flooded Forest Area 7
G-Rank Flooded Forest Area 10
G-Rank Flooded Forest Secret
G-Rank Tundra Area 1
G-Rank Tundra Area 3
G-Rank Tundra Area 8
G-Rank Tundra Area 9
G-Rank Volcano Area 1
G-Rank Volcano Area 2
G-Rank Volcano Area 9
G-Rank Misty Peaks Area 9

Ridley327

I just mash A only to grab him. Haven't failed once yet.

Is the Silver Rathalos set worth making? I've had all the other Rath sets and they had their uses, but this ones abilities seem limited. I wish it had Sharpness +1 over 1/2 Sharpness...

It seems like the Silver Sol set exists just look cool, rather than it being a good set of armor. I think you'd be better off saving the mantles and gleems for the weapons.

Golden Lune set is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more useful.

Fistwell

Is the Silver Rathalos set worth making?
Eh... I have it... Only use I have for it is fire atk+2 against things weak to fire. Like lagi or whatever. It's really not anything special. Also, it has negative rec level out the ass which makes it a pain to gem it up.

MEH.

And yeah, I only crafted it cause it looked nice and F gold ian set looks like shit like all F ian sets imo.

Top Bottom