• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

upandaway

Phewwww okay. That was really good. Never did that event brachy before.

And sorry for upswinging (forgot who) right as Rathalos came in, I didn't see it!

tuffy

Thanks for the hunting! Team Lance FTW!

Luca, you make gunning look like its easy mode.
You mean it's not easy mode?
Phewwww okay. That was really good. Never did that event brachy before.

And sorry for upswinging (forgot who) right as Rathalos came in, I didn't see it!
I'd never done the Event Brachy either, but everything went better than I expected. Seems like it's viable to tackle him with pierce shot like any other Brachy so long as you watch your openings and keep your health topped off. Though lots of traps and paralysis makes it go much easier.
Anybody still playing?
I could be.

upandaway

For me gunning is definitely easier than melee in multi, both for defense and for DPS, but solo it's harder. I don't play solo with Cha-Cha and Kayamba though.

andthebeatgoeson

You mean it's not easy mode?

I'd never done the Event Brachy either, but everything went better than I expected. Seems like it's viable to tackle him with pierce shot like any other Brachy so long as you watch your openings and keep your health topped off. Though lots of traps and paralysis makes it go much easier.

I could be.
Nnid?

Mine is andthebeatgoeson

tuffy

I can make a room. What do you want to hunt?
I'm up for whatever since I can't think of anything to farm parts for at the moment. Been rebuilding most of my gunner sets with blademaster helms but I'm pretty much done with them for now. So I'm between projects!

Fistwell

I'll get on in a minute.

Edit: room is full. *sadface* someone pm me in game if you decide to kick non-gaf intruder(s).

nvm im in (Selenae).

Anura

For me gunning is definitely easier than melee in multi, both for defense and for DPS, but solo it's harder. I don't play solo with Cha-Cha and Kayamba though.

I will be honest and say I hate gunning some monsters in groups. Rathalos for example... Ugh, his head is always moving around with other people and it makes it hard to land Normal lvl2. Brachy however, is 100x easier in groups. Although, I don't like going pierce for him there because it's hard to line up the shots in multi.

PKrockin

I have renewed my dislike for Gigginox... His baleful cousin aside, he wasn't particularly troublesome once you got into the habit of retreating before he hits you with the toxin which drains your health incredibly fast compared to other poisons. At G Rank however his new trick with that nest of giggis is super annoying. I'll tag this since there are some newbies and I don't want to spoil the fun for them.
Planting that nest on its own back is such a brilliant idea and a total dick move. I expected to see little Giggis oozing out once in a while but instead, every time I got close they come lunging out. It isn't slow between each one either, in the time of a 2 poke lance attack I accumulated 2. Tripping from Gigginox's turn put me on 4 with another one on the ground crawling towards me with a hunger for my blood.
I ignored the little slugs at first because realistically they weren't doing that much damage (one or two attached any way) and a few hops will remove them. But eventually the area just had too many. They didn't hurt much but the flinch from their bites lead to disaster. It took me a while before I realised to easiest way to get rid of them was to let the raging Giggnox do it for me with belly flops and charges. I got careless and took a combo of being nibbled, roared at, nibbled, roared at and then poison farted back to camp. Its been a while since the thought that perhaps being a gunner would have made this easier crossed my mind.
Fun and exciting, kind of. ChaCha is useless on that antidote dance. Will have nightmares of Giggis on my neck tonight, I'm sure of it.

Pwa4J7R.png

I just now fought Gigginox G rank for the first time. That was an awesome idea but it was more of a slight annoyance than dangerous. That and his new fondness for jumping back and forth 4 times in a row.

Anura

I just now fought Gigginox G rank for the first time. That was an awesome idea but it was more of a slight annoyance than dangerous. That and his new fondness for jumping back and forth 4 times in a row.

Giggi is the biggest troll in the game. Giggi's fight plan usually goes something like this...fight start>scream loudly>jump on ceiling>land>back flip>back flop>finally give the hunter a chance to hit you>get mad>harden head to make hunter bounce>scream>scream in their face again for good measure>back flop again... Etc etc...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How's Giggi for gunning classes? It seems like you'd have a lot of great chances to blow it up but then I remember its erratic movements.

Anura

How's Giggi for gunning classes? It seems like you'd have a lot of great chances to blow it up but then I remember its erratic movements.
Pretty easy. Bowing can be mildly annoying thanks to his low profile forcing you to aim down. Guns breeze through him though

Garteal

Of course. When he's on land attack his legs (or anything really) until he falls on his side. Slime weapons help a lot here.

Shengar

He only stumble like three times at most, and while I managed to pull full spirit combo on his back to time, it still not going to break. I try using pitfall, don't know if it working though.

ohlawd

ugh I've been rocking green sharpness foreverrrrr. bouncing off Los' wings this is disgusting

I need to get to high rank. Just a couple more low village quests ;_;

Mephala

He only stumble like three times at most, and while I managed to pull full spirit combo on his back to time, it still not going to break. I try using pitfall, don't know if it working though.

I usually just keep working on it throughout the fight and it eventually breaks. I use the lance and can poke upwards but I've also done it with the LS as well as a GS. Make sure to take advantage of the opening when he shoots those lightning balls repeatedly. Get between his front and back leg and use attack it.

Oddly enough I have far more difficulty breaking it on the regular Lagi, chasing it around underwater is terrible.

Fuck gems, I killed almost 20 brachydios and only got one which was from a shiny.

This is why I aim for several items at a time. I can alternate between hunt to break up the tedium. You can also go online to hopefully quicken the process, I'm happy to try my luck at some brachy gems with you.

Shengar

I usually just keep working on it throughout the fight and it eventually breaks. I use the lance and can poke upwards but I've also done it with the LS as well as a GS. Make sure to take advantage of the opening when he shoots those lightning balls repeatedly. Get between his front and back leg and use attack it.

Oddly enough I have far more difficulty breaking it on the regular Lagi, chasing it around underwater is terrible.

It seems that I need to hit his leg often, and his chest less. I'll try tomorrow.

I never had trouble with regular Lagi, but this is still true.

ohlawd

What makes you starting from the bottom again?
the plan was to get used to playing MH on 3DS. Wanted to learn a new weapon too and I'd rather just make a new file for that than stay on my main

The lure of the U Pro Controller was too strong though.

Fuck gems, I killed almost 20 brachydios and only got one which was from a shiny.

I killed/captured 40 only got one gem and only when I didn't really have use for them, and Festwill's back in MH3u =O, back till MH4U =P?

Also I've become quite a supporting band (hunting horn user) in this game now lol, players just want me to negate stamina drain cause it's addicting XD

Kuntz

Back to hunting too and wow, I helped people so much with my gunner I find I'm broke, HR 7 and still no armorset whatsoever, I'm covered in different monster parts.

Anura

This is why I aim for several items at a time. I can alternate between hunt to break up the tedium. You can also go online to hopefully quicken the process, I'm happy to try my luck at some brachy gems with you.

I thought I was the only one who did that! Seriously, even when I tell people to try it they ignore me...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For high rank multifarming nonsense you really can't beat running colorful beasts over and over. It's painfully easy with 3 or 4 people.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Got the game for my birthday, as I predicted ;) Just created my toon and did a couple of early village quests to get started. I see the "town" is a "port" now?

Should be fun to get back into the hunts! I'm trying dual blades, those are quite spammy. I predict I'll die a lot trying to get greedy with hits... XD

Shengar

the plan was to get used to playing MH on 3DS. Wanted to learn a new weapon too and I'd rather just make a new file for that than stay on my main

The lure of the U Pro Controller was too strong though.

If its not becuase the temptation of hunting on the run, I wouldn't consider double dipping.

The Pro Controller is just too GOOD, my gamepad practically left uncharged since the last system update.

Haunted

oy vey

GAFers with HR 387, my goodness! I suppose that's what it looks like when you keep playing from launch. And here I was proud of my measly 152... :lol

That's the beauty of GAF, there's always someone who tops whatever you do. :D

Anura

oy vey

GAFers with HR 387, my goodness! I suppose that's what it looks like when you keep playing from launch. And here I was proud of my measly 152... :lol

That's the beauty of GAF, there's always someone who tops whatever you do. :D

Sounds like you just hunted with tuffy!
I'm HR395

Haunted

You crazy guys.

Doing some quality hunting with Sassy, Holt and Quadratic.

Honestly, nothing beats a solid GAF stack.

ohlawd

If its not becuase the temptation of hunting on the run, I wouldn't consider double dipping.

The Pro Controller is just too GOOD, my gamepad practically left uncharged since the last system update.
there was that sale a while ago where each MH was 20 bucks on the eShop. I already owned the Wii U disc prior to the sale but whatever twenty bucks to shave off some loading? why not. I didn't even start messing with the 3DS copy until recently. I guess I bought it just to have MH on my 3DS all the time.

I have 15 hours on my file. I switched 10 hours in.

Mephala

Lao farming is possibly the worst thing in MH ever...

Personally Yama Tsuka is the worse for me. At the very least Lao was less threatening and easier to hit. Both boring fights though.

Edit so I'm not double posting!

Just did my second G-Rank Rathalos. Finally got another Ruby off. No G Rank equivalent yet but I don't really need it yet either. Got a rustshard and it turned into a worn lance! :D

Haunted

That was pretty fun but Fuck the Rng ,We did like 6 quest and still no gem.
Shame!

In classic desire sensor fashion, I think everyone in the room got at least one, except for the one guy who wanted it. :lol

We had some real speedruns in there, though. Barioth in 2:35, Baleful+Jade in 4:44. High Rank, granted, but still. :D

Good times.

Anura

Personally Yama Tsuka is the worse for me. At the very least Lao was less threatening and easier to hit. Both boring fights though.

Edit so I'm not double posting!

Just did my second G-Rank Rathalos. Finally got another Ruby off. No G Rank equivalent yet but I don't really need it yet either. Got a rustshard and it turned into a worn lance! :D

Yama is indeed pretty awful but personally I don't mind him as much. The fact that he doesn't have a rare drop helps and gunning him isn't too bad.

Top Bottom