• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Mephala

I didn't read the OP, had no idea there was a specific room we should be using. Whoops.

Do you have to unlock the chain quests for better odds at gems/mantles? I suppose I should stop my farming and start knocking off some quests first, maybe even hit HR8 first?

Garteal

I didn't read the OP, had no idea there was a specific room we should be using. Whoops.
It's fine to just create one and post the details here. You'll have better odds of people actually coming.

Do you have to unlock the chain quests for better odds at gems/mantles? I suppose I should stop my farming and start knocking off some quests first, maybe even hit HR8 first?
The advanced quests or quests with multiple monsters you're hunting do increase your chances. Are you killing or capturing?
Either find a farm room or turns and keep on hunting that one monster you need. Eventually you'll get it. HR8 does open up a ton of quests, so if you're 'done' farming then go ahead and level up.

Mephala

It's fine to just create one and post the details here. You'll have better odds of people actually coming.

The advanced quests or quests with multiple monsters you're hunting do increase your chances. Are you killing or capturing?
Either find a farm room or turns and keep on hunting that one monster you need. Eventually you'll get it. HR8 does open up a ton of quests, so if you're 'done' farming then go ahead and level up.

I only need about 5 Mantles... For now. I'll probably need more later. It is at this point that I regret making a bunch of Rath weapons when a few quests later I unlocked Agna weapons. I don't have a single Agnaktor weapon because I figured I already have a fire type in that weapon line, now I need a bunch of mantles. Heck I don't even have rubies for some of them yet!

Woes.

Garteal

I'm always up for hunting, if you need help and are having trouble finding a room, etc, feel free to make a room and any of us could hop in.

If you are just a tiny bit more patient, you'll be able to forge the best fire element weapon once you reach HR8.

Mephala

I'm always up for hunting, if you need help and are having trouble finding a room, etc, feel free to make a room and any of us could hop in.

If you are just a tiny bit more patient, you'll be able to forge the best fire element weapon once you reach HR8.

Will do. I'll make a room after dinner tonight.

As for the best fire element weapon.... I'll farm for that when I reach it also. I still want my current gear to reach the end of the line. I don't really mind farming monsters like Rathalos, its Jhen and stuff like that which I find annoying. Oh and that 20 Fucium Ore my hammer is asking for. -.-

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Since there doesn't seem to be a MH Community thread(?), I'll just post this here. I picked up MHP3rd HD from JPSN the other day (it's on sale for 1200 JPY) and my god it's beautiful. All I've wanted since my OG Wii busted was a MH I could play on my TV with a controller and this certainly fills that void (since I don't have a Wii U). And I already had ~60 hours in the PSP version of P3rd, so I was able to transfer my save file over and carry on from there.

Although I will say that since it had been so long since I'd played P3rd, I'd forgotten I had a ridiculously good set of armor and a blue rarity Narga hammer. :lol After beating a village quest Narga without using a single potion I realized I should probably be doing guild hall quests instead, heh.

Anura

I only need about 5 Mantles... For now. I'll probably need more later. It is at this point that I regret making a bunch of Rath weapons when a few quests later I unlocked Agna weapons. I don't have a single Agnaktor weapon because I figured I already have a fire type in that weapon line, now I need a bunch of mantles. Heck I don't even have rubies for some of them yet!

Woes.

Rathalos weapons are pretty much always. Better than Agnaktor's so that's a plus.

Anura

What's the good way to mastering vanilla MoI? Is there any video?
Lots of practice, lol. A good monster to start with is Narga or Zin. I don't know about your TV but mine gives me some input lag so I typically try to avoid using it in this game.

Shengar

Lots of practice, lol. A good monster to start with is Narga or Zin. I don't know about your TV but mine gives me some input lag so I typically try to avoid using it in this game.
Well duh, that's obvious :p
I mean, what's the best monsters? If Zin is the best start, that's explain why I hardly use any potion when I fought him. Narga is different case though, I mean, the attack where he leap to your back and attack always get me everytime.
I use computer monitor, and I don't think there is input lag.

Anura

Well duh, that's obvious :p
I mean, what's the best monsters? If Zin is the best start, that's explain why I hardly use any potion when I fought him. Narga is different case though, I mean, the attack where he leap to your back and attack always get me everytime.
I use computer monitor, and I don't think there is input lag.

Try to position yourself around his wing tip. Sometimes you need to do a bit of spacing for some attacks to either better your chances or even to avoid them at all. For example Barioth's tail swipe will drag you with it if you try to roll it close to him but farther away and it's child's play.

Rawk Hawk

Rathalos weapons are pretty much always. Better than Agnaktor's so that's a plus.

Yea? Yesterday I was debating my fire dual blade path:
The Rathalos line ends with Wyvern Conciliation 364 dmg - 230 fire dmg - 1 slot and better sharpness than Agnaktor.
Agnaktor's line ends with Agnaktor Inferno +15% affinity - 322 dmg - 340 fire dmg - no slots and worse sharpness than Wyvern's.

My gut says Agnaktor, since elemental damage seems best for DB's, plus the 15% affinity, but a slot and better sharpness makes me really debate if I should go down the Rath line.

Anura

The Rathalos line ends with Wyvern Conciliation 364 dmg - 230 fire dmg - 1 slot and better sharpness than Agnaktor.
Agnaktor's line ends with Agnaktor Inferno +15% affinity - 322 dmg - 340 fire dmg - no slots and worse sharpness than Wyvern's.

My gut says Agnaktor, since elemental damage seems best for DB's, plus the 15% affinity, but a slot and better sharpness makes me really debate if I should go down the Rath line.

With that sliver of sharpness on a DS? You're essentially operating on white sharpness there and that's a huge loss to both raw and elemental damage.

Heroman

Banned

Dont ever pick a weapon just because it has better affintiy, unless at is something crazy like 30 and up.

tuffy

If I'm doing my math right, each critical hit does 25% more damage, so 15 affinity gives you a 3.75% damage boost. That would raise attack power from 322 to 334, which is still about 8% less than the Rathalos one. Better flame element is nice, but I don't think it makes up for the difference.

Rawk Hawk

Awesome, thanks, looks like it's brother flames for me!

edit: Actually one other random question:

I have a couple pages of items stacking up, is there any good place to type a name of an item in and have it tell you all the uses for that item? Thinking of turning some into resources or cash if they are for weapons/armor I'm not interested in. Whenever I look one up on the Wiki, it just links you to the master list of items and helps you find more if you want more.

Heroman

Banned
Awesome, thanks, looks like it's brother flames for me!

edit: Actually one other random question:

I have a couple pages of items stacking up, is there any good place to type a name of an item in and have it tell you all the uses for that item? Thinking of turning some into resources or cash if they are for weapons/armor I'm not interested in. Whenever I look one up on the Wiki, it just links you to the master list of items and helps you find more if you want more.

http://kiranico.com/ should tell what is worth and what it is used for

Hey guys I need a recommendation for high rank amour sets. I have jaggi but want a new amour for early g rank.

Garteal

Currently playing with Mephala with 2 open slots in Free A, lobby 10 room name HR8+.
Feel free to join!

I'll create a passworded room if it fills and people want to join.

tuffy

Hey guys I need a recommendation for high rank amour sets. I have jaggi but want a new amour for early g rank.
Helios/Selene Z with the Helios/Selene X waist (to avoid Blunt Edge) is the standard early G rank blademaster set because of Sharpness +1 and HG Earplugs.

I went with an Artian X mix because Bonus Shot is really handy for LBG.
Currently playing with Mephala with 2 open slots in Free A, lobby 10 room name HR8+.
Feel free to join!
Having to work means I won't be able to make it for another 7 hours or so, unfortunately.

Garteal

Yes still playing and one slot left.
Edit: 1 slot available, final run though for now.

Edit: Thanks for hunting Mephala and DaBoss!

Anyone want to help me fight some G Rank Rathalos? Looking to build a good SnS repetoire, and that means I gotta try and get a good weapon in each element. Rathalos first, then Plesioth Armor to make getting everything else easier haha.

Kuntz

Anyone want to help me fight some G Rank Rathalos? Looking to build a good SnS repetoire, and that means I gotta try and get a good weapon in each element. Rathalos first, then Plesioth Armor to make getting everything else easier haha.

If you're still there, give me some time to eat and I'll jump in 15-20min, which room?

Anura

Dire Miralis is the fire SnS you want. Golden Falchion doesn't have enough sharpness to make it worth using over DM's.

Haunted

Anyone playing right now? I'd be up for a GAF room. Low/High/G whatever!

lmao I had people leave lobbies because of my High Rank Jaggi armor

come on peeps, 350 def is alright.
pls Hate those tryhards "bowguns only" "only HR100+" rooms. Being as efficient as possible can help with the grind, but you're losing out on so much because of it. Playing for fun is more important, imo.

And 350 def is plenty, just don't get hit!

We've had some GAF nights where we did some quests in the nude just cause
or because people were too lazy to change back after that Jho event quest :lol.

Anura

Anyone playing right now? I'd be up for a GAF room. Low/High/G whatever!

pls Hate those tryhards "bowguns only" "only HR100+" rooms. Being as efficient as possible can help with the grind, but you're losing out on so much because of it. Playing for fun is more important, imo.

And 350 def is plenty, just don't get hit!

We've had some GAF nights where we did some quests in the nude just cause
or because people were too lazy to change back after that Jho event quest :lol.

Exactly! It's just so boring in rooms like that. Then there's those HR grinding rooms doing four point over and over... That completely defeats the purpose of hunter ranks and is pretty much just for bragging rights and it even defeats the purpose of that!

I'll probably be online here in an hour -- I'm wanting to do G rank Rathalos, probably once or twice, just to get his sword to Rare 9, then smack the shit out of Plesioth to get his armor for farming.
I have another buddy who just hit G Rank, and hell probably be joining us.

tuffy

I can certainly be around for a couple hours or so. Going to experiment with some HBG sets that don't have Evade Extender to see if I can get away with it.

Kuntz

Been there for more than 2 hours...
But great fun.
Thanks for the hunts.

edit : looks like there were 2 gaf rooms. mh4 is still so far away...

Rawk Hawk

How is the game pad voice chat online? Going to try and get on in a few, but I generally use pro controller, hoping keeping the game pad near by is enough.

Edit: anyone up for some HR1?

PKrockin

How is the game pad voice chat online? Going to try and get on in a few, but I generally use pro controller, hoping keeping the game pad near by is enough.

Edit: anyone up for some HR1?
Good, assuming the people I've played with were using it. Nobody seems to use voice chat in this game for some reason though.

I'll join you in a bit, make a low rank greatsword and flail around trying to learn it if you post the room info or accept my friend request.

edit: sent you a request.

Top Bottom