• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Rawk Hawk

Sorry Shengar, hope we can sync up another night. Thanks a ton for those who helped me get up to HR3 tonight. That was a lot more fun than I expected, and I was enjoying playing solo, haha.

For the friendly fire, did I flinch anyone during a charged attack or anything? Not even sure if Dual Blades can do that or not, but I kept trying to avoid doing my random flailing near you guys.

PKrockin

Sorry Shengar, hope we can sync up another night. Thanks a ton for those who helped me get up to HR3 tonight. That was a lot more fun than I expected, and I was enjoying playing solo, haha.

For the friendly fire, did I flinch anyone during a charged attack or anything? Not even sure if Dual Blades can do that or not, but I kept trying to avoid doing my random flailing near you guys.

I don't think you can flinch people while they're charging GS attacks. And I believe most attacks have flinch resistance, but I'm not all that clear. Just give lances some space, they have no flinch resistance on almost anything.

Anura

Lance and gun lance have almost no flinch armor, Duals have none while out of demonizer mode, hammer can get knocked out of certain strings and a few strikes on the SnS have no resistance. It should go without saying that bows and bowguns have none either

Shengar

My luck is always run out on mid tier loot and internet connection.
Oh well guess I have new goal now since I'm kinda clueless after finishing my Ivory set.

PKrockin

Connection problems Shen? Hopefully I'll play with you next time.

Just got disconnected. My internet must have gone down for a few minutes or something. Good games y'all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Connection problems Shen? Hopefully I'll play with you next time.

Just got disconnected. My internet must have gone down for a few minutes or something. Good games y'all.

It's funnier to imagine you ran scared from Deviljho. Was doing pretty well until he munched me.

PKrockin

It's funnier to imagine you ran scared from Deviljho. Was doing pretty well until he munched me.
Yeah my internet went to crap all of a sudden. My neighbor mentioned her Netflix movie stopped just now so I guess it's affecting her too. Oh well. Have fun with that Deviljho! lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah my internet went to crap all of a sudden. My neighbor mentioned her Netflix movie stopped just now so I guess it's affecting her too. Oh well. Have fun with that Deviljho! lol

He munched me, lost my buffs and because that other person joined us didn't even have my cha cha, so I gave up! Only this and Azure Rathalos before Goldy! Oh well.

Mephala

Dammit! I was carted twice by that Deviljho pretty quickly, lost my buffs. But what really nailed my coffin was that I eventually ran out of stamina. I forgot hot drinks... At first I figured we could kill it before this became an issue but then when the host dropped we all disconnected so I was alone and the fight dragged for a good 30 minutes until he finally munched me for the last time.

Does anyone have a room up?

Garteal

I'm up now and damn you guys were active. If anyone's up and wants to play, post here and we can get another room going. I'll be hopping in after breakfast.

Mephala

Hunting with you guys is a lot of fun. I almost wish I had done so sooner. I have a terrible habit of trying to solo everything. Guess it's just a carry over habit from MHFU where we were stuck with ad-hoc for most of it. I do enjoy soloing, it is challenging and rewarding. It is also in my opinion the best way to learn new monsters. That said, playing with others is far more fun. Sometimes though, it feels almost unfair for some of the monsters.

I can't wait for MH4U. Hope it has online on the 3ds and we don't have to wait for the Wii U version. Will probably double dip if it happens anyway.

Garteal

Good hunting Kuntz and Mephala.
Kuntz and I had one tough battle with a Dire Miralis but managed to duo it.

We're off for now though cause food. Looking to play a bit more if people are here later.

Kuntz

Finished the last HR7 key hunts, fought (for the first time) dire miralis in duo, almost failed right before it died.
Epic, got to HR37.
Hunting with friends makes the game even better, we managed to stunlock G black diablos with para/trap/sonic/flashbomb for like half of her life, it was great.

Will be back later this afternoon.

Top Bottom