• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Rawk Hawk

They're also useful for moving a monster back to the room where your trap is, since they seem to love wandering off just after placing one.

Oh that's a great idea! All too often when I get a chance to put down the trap, I see the monster start limping away again, but it's too late. I have like a 10% success rate of placed traps actually being triggered, haha. In time it will get better, but the one placed trap limit has made some of those capture quests take me a long time.

Mephala

\o/

I got a Rathalos Mantle! I really wanted to put it into my GS but instead I started making Soul Z armor. I am now 80% complete, missing the helm. With a bit of gems, a charm and the Chakra Piercing for 3 slots in the head I managed to get
550~ def.
HGE
Critical Eye 3
ESP
Speed Sharpener

Not too bad for my first G set. At least its a good 250 defense higher than my Volvi S. I'll miss my evade+2 though.

Kinsei

Banned
I forgot how boring it is to solo Dire Miralis with a HH. I'm so glad I got the last Smelter I needed to make the Apocalypso.

Heroman

Banned
Oh that's a great idea! All too often when I get a chance to put down the trap, I see the monster start limping away again, but it's too late. I have like a 10% success rate of placed traps actually being triggered, haha. In time it will get better, but the one placed trap limit has made some of those capture quests take me a long time.

If play Mh long enough you kind of know when it is time to capture a monster.

Anura

I forgot how boring it is to solo Dire Miralis with a HH. I'm so glad I got the last Smelter I needed to make the Apocalypso.

Miralis is boring with EVERY weapon... why does MH always have giant boring monsters for final bosses? At least ala and MH4 fatty aren't bad

Kinsei

Banned
Miralis is boring with EVERY weapon... why does MH always have giant boring monsters for final bosses? At least ala and MH4 fatty aren't bad

The others may be boring, but the fight itself is over much quicker than if you use HH.

I'd like to add Akantor, Ukanlos, and Amatsu to the fun final boss list.

I take it Dara Amadyura is also boring?

Fistwell

Eeehhh... I dislike it less than miralis... sorta, but it does take a while and it's not particularly exciting. You end up going through the motions at some point. Quick! Jump on its head! Watchout! Superbeam! Dive foo! Always the same and very gimmicky. Kinda similar to jhen but without balista, canon and dragonator.

Anura

The others may be boring, but the fight itself is over much quicker than if you use HH.

I'd like to add Akantor, Ukanlos, and Amatsu to the fun final boss list.

HH is also great for him and yeah I forgot about those three and I might add shagura magala to that lis.

Dara Amadyura isn't exactly boring but not exactly fun either. His fight is very, very dynamic but he obviously has basic patterns at the same time. He is kinda like the jhen fights with their set patterns but got made to act more like other monsters

Haunted

zhbb.png

? :)
!!

dWtkfkY.png

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ahhhh fuck this. I am condemned to use the basic Dios Slicers forever. Heaven helps me when I finally reach G rank, I'll do such pitiful damage. >_<

Haha I remember the first time I saw this fucker in Tri, with the scary music and the near-OHKO slams. I have to admit, those artists and monster designers know how to make a monster really goddamn scary.

!!

[imgl]http://i.imgur.com/dWtkfkY.png[/img]
...............................!!!

Someone hold me

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was sad when I completed Wroggi X armor and it didn't have Negate Poison on it.

Though that same run I got a Talisman with Charmer +7 and some other junk on it.

ohlawd

loool the Scaldertina is shit

omagawd it has 3 variations of Attack (s), Sonic Waves and Fire Res (L). Tiny purple sharp too.

why did I make this

ohlawd

At least it doesn't need much rare parts.

dem 3 Steel Uragaan scutes tho

I got 6 in one quest earlier >:)

think I'll make the other fire HH too. The Steel Uragaan one... the Cinder-whatever

and that Nibelsnarf water one. I hate fighting that thing.

ohlawd

and here I am still sitting on HR6.

it was like this on my first file too lol. I sat on HR6 and 7 probably like 100 hours altogether.

Prototype

Really wish you could glamor armor like in ff14. Change the appearance of armor to make it look like another part but keep its skill points and stuff the same.

So many armors I refuse to use because they look terrible but have good skills.

Mephala

Putting together a mixed set that looks halfway decent and still contains a useful mix of skills is half the fun!

Lol. Dem panties *~*

I used to do this when I made all the sets I wanted. I was never any good at it though.

acG9sxk.jpg
gathering/cap.
vlcZxRS.jpg
Can't what skills
Ye0Eiq4.jpg
Evade, Evade Distance and something else I can't recall.

I'll probably do the same once I finish getting some items I want and I need some decent charms first.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Soooo made it to G-rank. Still no Brachy gem, of course. Doing no damage to monsters and dying in 2 hits, here I come! :D

Putting together a mixed set that looks halfway decent and still contains a useful mix of skills is half the fun!
That looks horrible.

Really wish you could glamor armor like in ff14. Change the appearance of armor to make it look like another part but keep its skill points and stuff the same.

So many armors I refuse to use because they look terrible but have good skills.
Yeah, same. I want to make a Nargacuga set but ugh I don't wanna look like a stripper. :( Armour design is so fugly in this game.

Skele7on

Banned
So I played it for a bit last night, and good lord it's so cool.

Really enjoying it, thanks for the advise so far, I have just been reading the movements and just really cautiously going in for attacks and always over equipping.

Looking forward to playing for much longer tonight.

What would you guys recommend for weapons?

Like I played dark souls so my dodging abilities are pretty good but still would you say SnS, or GS?

Kinsei

Banned
Soooo made it to G-rank. Still no Brachy gem, of course. Doing no damage to monsters and dying in 2 hits, here I come! :D

That looks horrible.

Yeah, same. I want to make a Nargacuga set but ugh I don't wanna look like a stripper. :( Armour design is so fugly in this game.

Eh, while MH does have some downright horrible female armor designs, it also has some of the best in gaming IMO.

Nether, Lagombi, Volvidon, Jaggi/Baggi, Nibelsnarf. Hyuga/Hyuga Prime, and Barioth all (G rank versions) look good to amazing.

There is definitely a problem of trying to make the female armor cute and/or sexy. What is up with all of the metal skirts? Those can't be comfortable.

So I played it for a bit last night, and good lord it's so cool.

Really enjoying it, thanks for the advise so far, I have just been reading the movements and just really cautiously going in for attacks and always over equipping.

Looking forward to playing for much longer tonight.

What would you guys recommend for weapons?

Like I played dark souls so my dodging abilities are pretty good but still would you say SnS, or GS?

If you really think you're dodging abilities are up to snuff try out a weapon that can't block. DB and LS are pretty good beginner weapons.

So last night I finally unlocked the 8* villager quests. On to Brachydios, any tips for this beast? I know he is weak to water, and I have the Barbarian Blade but I am worried that won't be enough.

Garteal

It's enough. Just be patient and and observe his attacks. Dodging is key as he'll swing his fists around quite a bit. Don't be afraid to attack him though. Be extra cautious when he goes into rage mode.
Couple more tips below which I have hidden in case you want to experience him for the first time without knowing everything.

When he licks his hands and his hands are green with his spit, he'll give you a slime status effect everytime he hits you. Try to get rid of it as soon as possible by either rolling a few times or using deodorant.
Be extra careful when he turns yellow as when he hits you with his explosive fists when you have slime on you, it'll do a whole lot more damage.

You can break his tail, horn and his arms. Breaking his arms will remove all the slime he had on it, but beware, he can still put slime on it. Hit his arms to get rid of it again.

Brachy has the best boss theme in the game.

It's enough. Just be patient and and observe his attacks. Dodging is key as he'll swing his fists around quite a bit. Don't be afraid to attack him though. Be extra cautious when he goes into rage mode.
Couple more tips below which I have hidden in case you want to experience him for the first time without knowing everything.

When he licks his hands and his hands are green with his spit, he'll give you a slime status effect everytime he hits you. Try to get rid of it as soon as possible by either rolling a few times or using deodorant.
Be extra careful when he turns yellow as when he hits you with his explosive fists when you have slime on you, it'll do a whole lot more damage.

You can break his tail, horn and his arms. Breaking his arms will remove all the slime he had on it, but beware, he can still put slime on it. Hit his arms to get rid of it again.

Brachy has the best boss theme in the game.

Thanks much! I have dodging down and my volvi armor helps with evade. I just wanted to make sure that he didn't have too many nasty tricks and that my LS was decent enough to do the job.

ohlawd

I have to give it to the Misty Peaks battle theme

starts out slow but it becomes incredible one minute onward.

Shoutouts to Jhen Mohran 2nd phase after dragonator and yeah, Brachydios theme

Garteal

Haven't forgotten about Zinogre as well as the Misty Peaks battle theme. I really wish I could hear the Misty Peaks more often. But yeah, Monster Hunter has a lot of good boss themes it's really hard to pick one solely. Heck I even like Jaggis theme. Though you can barely hear it after a certain point.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Eh, while MH does have some downright horrible female armor designs, it also has some of the best in gaming IMO.
Yikes. Can't ever agree. You must really like excessive spikes and gaudy colours. The only one I ever really liked is the female Jhen Mohran set in Tri (haven't seen it in 3U yet), and even that one was ruined by having these silly exposed bits around the crotch. Why. :(

There is definitely a problem of trying to make the female armor cute and/or sexy. What is up with all of the metal skirts? Those can't be comfortable.
Not to mention the multiple boob windows, crotch windows, midriff windows, boobplates, etc. If there's a way for the armour to look ridiculous, it's guaranteed to have at least one of them, if not two or three. >_<

I have to give it to the Misty Peaks battle theme

starts out slow but it becomes incredible one minute onward.

Shoutouts to Jhen Mohran 2nd phase after dragonator and yeah, Brachydios theme
I actually prefer the song that starts during the "final showdown", right before the dragonator. So epic. But yeah when you activate the dragonator, it does get your blood pumping and you feel just so triumphant.

Out of all the new songs (from Tri, I mean) that I heard so far, Zinogre is probably my favourite, though. First time I heard it I went all "uh oh... shit's going down". And it did. We died. :D There is something about trying to tackle a monster you're not ready for, haha. Whether you win by the skin of your teeth (and feel immense relief) or just get mercilessly slaughtered (and go "yeah yeah okay, understood xD").

This composer is talented at making you feel that way, here's another one of his songs, from Dragon's Dogma, one of my favourite theme in recent gaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtilBmwDUNQ

Kinsei

Banned
Yikes. Can't ever agree. You must really like excessive spikes and gaudy colours. The only one I ever really liked is the female Jhen Mohran set in Tri (haven't seen it in 3U yet), and even that one was ruined by having these silly exposed bits around the crotch. Why. :(

Not to mention the multiple boob windows, crotch windows, midriff windows, boobplates, etc. If there's a way for the armour to look ridiculous, it's guaranteed to have at least one of them, if not two or three. >_<

These are the armor sets that I think look amazing.

20130802151139!MH3U_Lagombi_Armor_(Blade).png

tumblr_inline_mnlszkgDNC1qz4rgp.jpg

1yKYJqd.jpg

I can't find a picture of Hyuga Prime to post.

I was going to mention the boob plates and what not, but I figured that would just start an argument.

Okay Brachydios was much easier then I thought it would be. Avoiding the puddles was easy enough and making sure to get the slimeblight off of me was fine. The only real trouble was when he caught me with a jump slam then followed it up with a charge while he was raged. Now to farm him for the hammer and armor. Thanks again for the tips Garteal.

Heroman

Banned
Okay Brachydios was much easier then I thought it would be. Avoiding the puddles was easy enough and making sure to get the slimeblight off of me was fine. The only real trouble was when he caught me with a jump slam then followed it up with a charge while he was raged. Now to farm him for the hammer and armor. Thanks again for the tips Garteal.

Get ready for some painful nights.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got the gem on my third try for my upgraded GS. The armor is nothing I really wanted for high rank. It's a fun fight with great music. Still gets me that you can't trip it while it's enraged...at it's enraged all the time. It and the gigginox line need to go to anger management sessions.

Top Bottom