• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

5nrwRjC.jpg

I'm getting there but damn, some of the remaining ones are going to be a drag.

Kyzon

It just took me 27 minutes to kill normal caedeus in the village. I was using G rank gear.
GO FUCKING HOME NORMAL CAEDEUS, YOUR BEARD ISN'T EVEN GOLD!!

It just took me 27 minutes to kill normal caedeus in the village. I was using G rank gear.

Ceadeus in general can be really annoying sometimes. Every once in a while he'll just dash back and forth and do his curly swipe just enough that you can't get into position for like 5 minutes. Other times he stays pretty still and dies in 15 minutes.

Fuck his fur though. Been trying to get 4 G.Fur and didn't get one the last two quests even with lucky cat -_-. And yet I get a Dragongem.

uuuugh I guess I'll reveal a secret.

if you take a slickaxe/armor stone into a quest, combine an item, and then abandon the quest, you get your original items back, but the combo list still logs it.

I only used two slickaxe and two armor stone while completing my whole combo list

Neki

so bored now, 120 hours in and finished almost all the quests besides Alateron, really wish I had some online play to break the monotony of going through low HR by yourself

if only I could get a Wii U

one day..

if you take a slickaxe/armor stone into a quest, combine an item, and then abandon the quest, you get your original items back, but the combo list still logs it.

I only used two slickaxe and two armor stone while completing my whole combo list
:0

Too late, I already got the Combo List award.

DaBoss

I'm getting there but damn, some of the remaining ones are going to be a drag.

I can't tell, but I think one of those awards is for getting an S-Rank once on each arena quest. What did you use against P. Ludroth? I can't get sub-5 min.

Someone posted that one or two pages ago lol.

Award said:
Gather and trade many Rare Commodites by hunting large monsters in Moga Woods.
Yall better start making notes.

Apparently you need to collect and trade every commodity in the game, and the Brady Guide is missing two: Atlantis Crab (4* Fish, Boat) and Eldest Saturnian (Saturnian Trap, Farm).

EDIT: Or maybe not, it seems you only need to collect large monster commodities, no need to trade.

I can't tell, but I think one of those awards is for getting an S-Rank once on each arena quest. What did you use against P. Ludroth? I can't get sub-5 min.

I can't get sub ten minutes against him. Thankfully you only need to beat each arena quest for one of the awards, and get an A (not S) rating on each one for the other.

I used the light bowgun against purple Luddy, just hopped around him and rapid fired him down... very, very slowly.

I'm so proud of myself, I got a 3:03 time on the Lagombi arena fight. Maybe I'm actually getting good at this game? :-O

Damn, that's how long it took me in LR gear my first kill.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56708332]Guys, I'm really coming around on dual swords. Just capped an Ivory Lagiacrus in 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]
They're addicting just because of the Demon Dance. SLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASH

DaBoss

I can't get sub ten minutes against him. Thankfully you only need to beat each arena quest for one of the awards, and get an A (not S) rating on each one for the other.

I used the light bowgun against purple Luddy, just hopped around him and rapid fired him down... very, very slowly.

Thank god, from all of the monsters I've faced so far, P. Ludroth seems impossible to get an S-Rank with. So do you need to get an A-rank with all weapons or at least one weapon?

LOL. This reaction is pure gold. I was raging like this when I took 13 mins on HR1 Lagiacrus with high rank weapon (everything else took 5 mins or less). Even HR2 urgent quest that requires you to kill both Rathalos and Rathian only took me 8 mins with a high rank weapon.

Only in Monster Hunter!!

Fewr

so bored now, 120 hours in and finished almost all the quests besides Alateron, really wish I had some online play to break the monotony of going through low HR by yourself

if only I could get a Wii U

one day..
A price drop might come in the near future, and given the disappointing physical sales of this game I'm sure you'll find it at a great price by then.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Finally on Caedeus, heard this is a long fight so I'll do it tomorrow.

In a related note Uragaan went down like a little bitch, which was totally unexpected since I thought he'd be a total badass, and I upgraded my switch-axe again. I'd upgrade it again before Caedeus but it looks like I need a high rank Barroth kill to do it.

Caedeus is going to take forever isn't it? I'm used to everything going down in under 15 minutes tops so this will be interesting.

DaBoss

A price drop might come in the near future, and given the disappointing physical sales of this game I'm sure you'll find it at a great price by then.

2 things:
1) Sales weren't disappointing, unless Capcom had some crazy expectations. :p
2) Niche games rarely go down in price. It would be best to get the game in a buy 1 get the other half price kinda thing.

Finally on Caedeus, heard this is a long fight so I'll do it tomorrow.

In a related note Uragaan went down like a little bitch, which was totally unexpected since I thought he'd be a total badass, and I upgraded my switch-axe again. I'd upgrade it again before Caedeus but it looks like I need a high rank Barroth kill to do it.

Caedeus is going to take forever isn't it? I'm used to everything going down in under 15 minutes tops so this will be interesting.

It may take you from 25 to 35 min.

I'm so proud of myself, I got a 3:03 time on the Lagombi arena fight. Maybe I'm actually getting good at this game? :-O

Damn, that's how long it took me in LR gear my first kill.

They're addicting just because of the Demon Dance. SLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASH

The upgraded dash actually makes dodging seem like a normal action game for once. the A+X attack cancelling into it is so good. Do the evasion skills upgrade the demon dash?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
2 things:
1) Sales weren't disappointing, unless Capcom had some crazy expectations. :p
2) Niche games rarely go down in price. It would be best to get the game in a buy 1 get the other half price kinda thing.

It may take you from 25 to 35 min.

Ugh, that sounds dull. I'm going to see if I can't get it under 20.

Thank god, from all of the monsters I've faced so far, P. Ludroth seems impossible to get an S-Rank with. So do you need to get an A-rank with all weapons or at least one weapon?

Just one weapon, thankfully. I'm hopeless with LS and DS so couldn't even begin to imagine having to use those against every monster.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56711176]The upgraded dash actually makes dodging seem like a normal action game for once. the A+X attack cancelling into it is so good. Do the evasion skills upgrade the demon dash?[/QUOTE]
I assume it does. And you can cancel Demon Dash into dashes?

Still hoping DS gets upgraded a bit, like reduced dash stamina cost during Archdemon, or a bonus Evade+. I don't want to rely on juices and I really like having Marathon Runner.

DaBoss

Arena quest question: if it says "max 4" for the quest, but only I enter, will it scale the monster, or am I on a fool's errand?

Well I imagine if you are doing it in multiplayer, it won't scale, but if you're doing it in Solo Tanzia, it will be scaled for one player.

Alright now I need 99 Earth Crystals. What's the best place to farm them?

This is going to be a long day '_'

Go on a daytime free hunt (best to go in the day as you don't collect higher rank materials, just the basics), go to the underground cave area and run in circles mining until you run out of picks. Nodes respawn really quickly in there. With a set of gathering armour I usually get 20-40 earth crystals per run.

DaBoss

Go on a daytime free hunt (best to go in the day as you don't collect higher rank materials, just the basics), go to the underground cave area and run in circles mining until you run out of picks. With a set of gathering armour I usually get 20-40 earth crystals per run.

I should try this.

Is Lagiacrus U a good GS set or should I wait for something else? What did you guys use for Mark of the Hero?

Fire resistance on it will get you one-shotted. I used a Zinogre set due to its great Thunder resistance.

vareon

Go on a daytime free hunt (best to go in the day as you don't collect higher rank materials, just the basics), go to the underground cave area and run in circles mining until you run out of picks. Nodes respawn really quickly in there. With a set of gathering armour I usually get 20-40 earth crystals per run.

Nice, will try this.

Capped another Ivory but I got a plate when I wanted a Sapphire :-(
I assume it does. And you can cancel Demon Dash into dashes?
It replaces the normal one, it looks like the Ninja Gaiden 2 dash. But A+X is a dashing attack so I can use that to move then dash out to double my evasion distance and avoid attacks I wouldn't be able to with other weapons.

Top Bottom