• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Schwabe

I used this trick for Slickaxes but where did you find the Armor Stones?
Are they just in hidden areas like Slickaxes?

I still haven't found a single one :'(

Moga Village Quests, 5* "The Hornded Wyvern" and "Volcano's Fury" has a 10% chance for 2 Armor Stones in the reward.

also the 2* Tanzia Quest "The Horned Wyvern" ... i did this a lot ( i really mean a lot) and got some, but not many (maybe 10-15 out of 30+ quests -.-).

If you do volcano'S fury (uragaan) you'll get some lava nuggets too, so it isn't that bad.

for slickaxes i farmed G-Rank double arzuros solo ... not that bad, finished with 23 slickaxes and 600k zenni and 2 hr up, chacha and kayamba lvl 50 ... abandoning quests is wasting time imho...

Qurupeke

Man wtf is this Aby Lagi armor. It needs a rare item from many monsters... I think I'll stay with my ivory armor for some weeks...

Moga Village Quests, 5* "The Hornded Wyvern" and "Volcano's Fury" has a 10% chance for 2 Armor Stones in the reward.

also the 2* Tanzia Quest "The Horned Wyvern" ... i did this a lot ( i really mean a lot) and got some, but not many (maybe 10-15 out of 30+ quests -.-).

If you do volcano'S fury (uragaan) you'll get some lava nuggets too, so it isn't that bad.

for slickaxes i farmed G-Rank double arzuros solo ... not that bad, finished with 23 slickaxes and 600k zenni and 2 hr up, chacha and kayamba lvl 50 ... abandoning quests is wasting time imho...

Amazing info, thank youuuuu! My incomplete combo list has been gnawing away at me for far too long.
I'll grind the Volcano's Fury quest as I'm stupid enough to also want to get 1 million resource points too so the nugget's will be grand.
Abandoning quests took me about 30 minutes to fill up the Slickaxe items (Gourmet ticket guarantees the Explorer perk) but I do wish I did that your way as well (I'm way too poor atm)

Event Ivory Lagi is serious business

He's brutalised me twice. I'm too scared to go back.
I think I was close the second time, his face was smashed, chest scratched, tail cut..... still didn't do down.

Mondriaan

I'm down. Jho's one of my favorite fights.

Also why do it instead of waiting for an event? Because sometimes I like to have fun in this game.
I certainly wouldn't object to doing a savage jho, if someone happened to have the quest ready and jumped into a room I'm in.

If people actually have fun saving/resetting their game until they get a savage jho, more power to them, but I think it's boring just like the combo list abandon quest exploit.

DLC Quests are so boring, I much prefer seasonal Event Quests.

"Sandstorm? Jhen is on, ruuuuuuuuuun", good times.

Cycling arenas (especially the arena quests) and event quests suck. So glad we got away from that bullshit aspect of Tri.
I like the convenience for choosing the DLC quests, but Jhen coming in with the sandstorm was epic, and I miss that. Much how I miss Moga Woods naturally being day/night.

I still haven't beaten it... :( We either die or I dc...

Its damage output is absurd

Especially annoying are those lightning balls that inexplicably get enormous and AoE added sometimes with absurd damage. Also the discharge with the second release that has a slightly larger range so you stand there thinking you're safe about to go back in and half your health is gone like that. It's pretty much Ivory Lagi but everything hurts so freaking much.

Did manage to beat him though and got a unique commendation thing. Nothing interesting though

At this point I'm getting pretty burnt out and certain things are starting to become very annoying. Namely the situations in which you're fully aware that an attack is coming but, you can't do anything to avoid it because you're too close to the enemy with your weapon out and you maybe pressed attack 3 seconds ago.

Chuckpebble

I have to make a correction: the Artillery Mask in combination with the Gargwa mask IS awesome. Somehow I didn't realize Kayamba was leaving shiny drops after getting launched at the monster. I'm launchin' that little bugger every chance I get now. So far I'm getting herbs, antidote herbs, adamant seeds and might seeds. I assume the drops will get better as he levels the mask up.

IHaveIce

Banned
So I just got the game yesterday for 3DS and I'm terrible. I have no idea what is the best way to fight, which weapon to chose and how target an enemy correctly in this game lol.

The first quest where I have to kill a specific monster and I'm getting beat like nothing :(

After a long fight one time with said monster a dragon appears out of nowhere and has me on one hit. Wtf

taybul

I certainly wouldn't object to doing a savage jho, if someone happened to have the quest ready and jumped into a room I'm in.

If people actually have fun saving/resetting their game until they get a savage jho, more power to them, but I think it's boring just like the combo list abandon quest exploit.

Yeah the method seems a bit roundabout and exploit-y but the payout still seems worth it to me.

One of my favorite moments from Tri was when me and a bunch of other lowbies saw Jho for the first time in the kill 20 jaggia quest or something and unanimously thinking, "he has to go down". Took damn near 40 minutes and a ton of mats but when he went down it was one of the satisfying feeling I had in the series. Savage Jho might not give me the same satisfaction, no, but this would be just a tribute.

YESSS HAHA FUCK YOU IVORY LAGIACRUS

Went to bed after the annoying battle last night, woke up did one cap and got two sapphires in the rewards! Helios waist piece is mine!

40 minutes of fighting 8 ivories for two sapphires? not bad.

Hoodbury

So I just got the game yesterday for 3DS and I'm terrible. I have no idea what is the best way to fight, which weapon to chose and how target an enemy correctly in this game lol.

The first quest where I have to kill a specific monster and I'm getting beat like nothing :(

After a long fight one time with said monster a dragon appears out of nowhere and has me on one hit. Wtf

You should be staying in the Moga Village area. Don't go to the Tanzia Port yet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Focus on dodging first and foremost. You have very weak armour and won't be able to take many hip checks from Great Jaggi. Once you can read his patterns (ie; his double hip check, his triple lunging bite while enraged), he'll be a cakewalk. If another monster shows up during the fight, just run right now. Later on, you'll have tools like Dung Bombs, to drive those monsters away.

vareon

HOLY SHIT at Event Quest Ivory. What the fuck was that? Took us four times to defeat it. We depleted all our resources since it hits HARD even with G Rank sets. What's worse, it almost didn't get tired at all. Only after almost 30 minutes of fighting (and two carting), it showed its sign of fatigue, and we capped it. Awesome fight.

...apparently I need to fight it four more times to get the Gunlance '_'

I'm sure the others will have a good beginner's advice to you (this is also my first MH). All I can say is the game greatly rewards your patience. There shouldn't be any dragons on your first quest though, you might have ventured to Tanzia.

IHaveIce

Banned
You should be staying in the Moga Village area. Don't go to the Tanzia Port yet.

Focus on dodging first and foremost. You have very weak armour and won't be able to take many hip checks from Great Jaggi. Once you can read his patterns (ie; his double hip check, his triple lunging bite while enraged), he'll be a cakewalk. If another monster shows up during the fight, just run right now. Later on, you'll have tools like Dung Bombs, to drive those monsters away.

I'm sure the others will have a good beginner's advice to you (this is also my first MH). All I can say is the game greatly rewards your patience. There shouldn't be any dragons on your first quest though, you might have ventured to Tanzia.

Oh god guys thank you all. How embarassing, I really travelled already to the next City and thought I was done with the village.

Didn't know there will also be a questlady lol.

ow everything is fine

Mupod

That requires
tickets only~

haha I did him for fun yesterday, gunlance is possibly my least favorite weapon so when I saw I needed that many I just gave up on ever getting that thing. Maybe if I had a group that could take him down in under 20 minutes.

Killing with the Dragonator is just about the only satisfying thing in the Gold Ceadeus quest. STICK AROUND, FISH FACE

Anybody willing to trade a Dark Dragongem or 3 G.Ceadeus Fur for two Deep Dragongems?

Rize_21

haha I did him for fun yesterday, gunlance is possibly my least favorite weapon so when I saw I needed that many I just gave up on ever getting that thing. Maybe if I had a group that could take him down in under 20 minutes.

The stats are indecents for a rare-9! if you make this gunlance,you pretty much have no reason to go with the Lagiacrus path(the best way for the thunder element,oh well no longer).
It's shameful,
but I 've got this weapon only because the room I joined was with Kelbi bows/Gigginox X gunner set
,which took something around 15 minutes per run.(with several feints even in this configuration),and we're close to capture/kill him with some GAF hunters in a more respectful way.
But yeah,it's not worth doing this quest more than once if you don't plan to use this weapon's category.
I hope the next DLC quests keep this degree of violence,it'll be promising in an arena(if there is some)!as the "regular" Ivory Lagiacrus was considered...well nope,he never was taken seriously until this one!

taybul

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56764984]Killing with the Dragonator is just about the only satisfying thing in the Gold Ceadeus quest. STICK AROUND, FISH FACE

Anybody willing to trade a Dark Dragongem or 3 G.Ceadeus Fur for two Deep Dragongems?[/QUOTE]

How would you do this? I thought you could only trade items below a certain item level.

4 and a half hours to get a narga medulla, 10% carve rate on the tail.

Maybe around 7-10 quests per hour.

Anyone who wants to remind me that desire sensor doesn't exist can kindly fuck off.

Mondriaan

The stats are indecents for a rare-9! if you make this gunlance,you pretty much have no reason to go with the Lagiacrus path(the best way for the thunder element,oh well no longer).
It's shameful,
but I 've got this weapon only because the room I joined was with Kelbi bows/Gigginox X gunner set
,which took something around 15 minutes per run.(with several feints even in this configuration),and we're close to capture/kill him with some GAF hunters in a more respectful way.
But yeah,it's not worth doing this quest more than once if you don't plan to use this weapon's category.
I hope the next DLC quests keep this degree of violence,it'll be promising in an arena(if there is some)!as the "regular" Ivory Lagiacrus was considered...well nope,he never was taken seriously until this one!
Even if you don't plan to use it, there's the award for making high end equipment to consider. The special ticket weapons tend to cost less money to make than the more normal weapons.

Uggh, another Deep Dragongem. I WANT THE DARK ONE GOLDILOCKS

At least I found out that just attacking him is definitely faster than using the ballista. Even with no Mega Juice.

edit: Lucky Cat AND Felyne Carver (hi) available on the same combo? VOUCHER TIME

edit GODDAMN NO CARVER and I still get unlucky cat :-(

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
[Rusty player Qs, cont.]

So my preferred weapon has always been DB, and 4 years later they still feel great, but what would be minimum amount of extra weapon types I need to invest in to cover cutting/crushing body parts? For example, both GS and LS, or either is enough?

Which brings me to another question, how important are shields/defending this time around?

Lyonaz

Which brings me to another question, how important are shields/defending this time around?

Blocking is for the weak! Roll all day and every day! I'm a Longsword user so I just stab and sidestep slash to move around the monsters until I see an opening for my spiritcombo. Also sheathing and rolling like a boss.

Kyzon

[Rusty player Qs, cont.]

So my preferred weapon has always been DB, and 4 years later they still feel great, but what would be minimum amount of extra weapon types I need to invest in to cover cutting/crushing body parts? For example, both GS and LS, or either is enough?

DB are proficient with cutting. You just need to knock over tall ass monsters. If you want to break heads and stuff then try the hammer or bow.

Sheilds/Defending are great for lancers it seems. When I play S&S I usually dodge instead of block

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The Plesioth helm on its own looks like a tinsel wig. It looks so silly.

Blocking is for the weak! Roll all day and every day! I'm a Longsword user so I just stab and sidestep slash to move around the monsters until I see an opening for my spiritcombo. Also sheathing and rolling like a boss.
Awwww yeah, LS bro. Used to play hammer in Portble 2nd G, but LS has won me over.

beje

Banned
Today I learnt you can break Nibelsnarf's uvula. We were making an amazing combo to the G-Rank Nibel that didn't let it attack almost at all so it was laid down and with the mouth open more often than not. Found a great opening with my hammer direct to its open mouth so I thought "why not" it and it shattered in just 5 or 6 hits. I was really surprised.

Top Bottom