• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

I think it gives you more items. For example, I got two Brachy Pallium in row B when doing ''A cold day in hell'', but the list of possible rewards only lists a single one per row.
Even the description says: ''Often increases the number of reward items received at the end of a quest.''

Quests have a set of reward items (the first two rows), GL increases the number of reward items you get.

I heard Rage Match (two Jhos) gives Crooks as rewad, so if you complete that quest with GL you will increase the chances of getting one or two Crooks.

On the other hand, GL is useless if you want to get, say... Gobul Lanterns (break Gobul lantern) because that's a break reward (third row).

Capture Master works in the same way, but for capture rewards.

Oh there's no way to increase break rewards, it's one item for every part you break.

Many thanks, that's a great help!
Just finished off my first set with Great Luck but didn't fully know what to expect :)

Reposting this for the new page:
Okay, so I'm failing miserably on Mark of a Hero. 4 attempts, and I've only killed Ivory Lagiacrus twice (despite killing the village quest one easily several times). Three things hit me in the fight:

1) That goddamn sideswipe bite he does. Lagiacrus, don't you know that your sides are supposed to be a safe attack space? Ass! My first time fighting him I went with full-on attack buffs and such, and he actually 1-shot me with this. Now I eat for defense. :p I've discovered that if you attack his chest area, this attack misses you, but are there other options? Its windup is so small that I don't feel like I can dodge it.

2) AoE body lightning. Holy crap, sometimes this gets me even when I coincidentally decide to roll away when he starts the move. Even with 7 lightning resistance, this move takes off ~80% of my health when it hits, so it's a quick KO if I've been a little lax on my healing. I really have no clue what to do about this.

3) AoE floor lightning. Sometimes he shoots that ball out, and I think "fuck, I'm dead". And I'm always right. The AoE on this is just so massive that if he jumps back and throws it out I don't always have time to get out of the area. Usually I'm in a safe place when he does it, but now and then I think I'm safe and then the AoE spreads and nicks me, and down I go!

The one time I killed Ivory Lagiacrus I thought "I can do this! Brachy and A. Los are cake!", and then I discovered that I have to fight them both at once. :-( I was so filled with dismay that I might as well have died right there, because I knew there was no hope for me to do this with 1 life remaining on my first try.

Anyway, I'm not looking for gimmicks, just solid play advice. How do I avoid these attacks so I can be a better hunter? Especially the first two when considered together, since attacking his chest leaves me open to body lightning.

I primarily use hammers and SnS right now, because those are the best weapons I have.

DaBoss

I have 12 slots available for gems, and no negative skills. I got all 3 skills on the G-Rank Zinogre set active. What should I put?

Okay, so I'm failing miserably on Mark of a Hero. 4 attempts, and I've only killed Ivory Lagiacrus twice (despite killing the village quest one easily several times). Three things hit me in the fight:

1) That goddamn sideswipe bite he does. Lagiacrus, don't you know that your sides are supposed to be a safe attack space? Ass! My first time fighting him I went with full-on attack buffs and such, and he actually 1-shot me with this. Now I eat for defense. :p I've discovered that if you attack his chest area, this attack misses you, but are there other options? Its windup is so small that I don't feel like I can dodge it.

2) AoE body lightning. Holy crap, sometimes this gets me even when I coincidentally decide to roll away when he starts the move. Even with 7 lightning resistance, this move takes off ~80% of my health when it hits, so it's a quick KO if I've been a little lax on my healing. I really have no clue what to do about this.

3) AoE floor lightning. Sometimes he shoots that ball out, and I think "fuck, I'm dead". And I'm always right. The AoE on this is just so massive that if he jumps back and throws it out I don't always have time to get out of the area. Usually I'm in a safe place when he does it, but now and then I think I'm safe and then the AoE spreads and nicks me, and down I go!

The one time I killed Ivory Lagiacrus I thought "I can do this! Brachy and A. Los are cake!", and then I discovered that
I have to fight them both at once. :-( I was so filled with dismay that I might as well have died right there, because I knew there was no hope for me to do this with 1 life remaining on my first try.

Anyway, I'm not looking for gimmicks, just solid play advice. How do I avoid these attacks so I can be a better hunter? Especially the first two when considered together, since attacking his chest leaves me open to body lightning.

I primarily use hammers and SnS right now, because those are the best weapons I have.

Well first things first. Do you have a weapon with blue sharpness? Is your armor upgraded to its max with Heavy Armor Spheres? What armor set are you using?

For food, since Ivory is an asshole, eat Veggies + Dairy that is Steamed. It will give you Thunder Res (L) + Felyne Grromer + Thundercaller. You want that Thunder Res up like hell. Use a Mega Armorskin to increase defense.

Now for the attacks...
1) What you're doing is the best thing to do when it does that. The other option is to not even stay near it.

2) The food skills should help you with this, but you're just going to have to run away like crazy. You should attack its tail at this point, unless it is doing its supercharged lightning attack.

3) You're going to have to walk/run perpendicular to the direction that Ivory is facing. If you were in the middle of attacking, you're screwed unless you have the evasion skill.

TBH, the SnS doesn't seem like it would do enough damage output for this quest, and a Hammer would be really slow and make you vulnerable. Since you're using high-rank gear
like a true hunter
I would suggest something that allows you to move quick and do some good amount of damage. I would also suggest using a Slime weapon since you it is effective on all of the monsters and can save you on time.

I have 12 slots available for gems, and no negative skills. I got all 3 skills on the G-Rank Zinogre set active. What should I put?
What weapon?

Well first things first. Do you have a weapon with blue sharpness? Is your armor upgraded to its max with Heavy Armor Spheres? What armor set are you using?
Yes, yes, and I use the Volvidon set. Skills are:
AUL
Evasion +2
Tremor Res

For food, since Ivory is an asshole, eat Veggies + Dairy that is Steamed. It will give you Thunder Res (L) + Felyne Grromer + Thundercaller. You want that Thunder Res up like hell. Use a Mega Armorskin to increase defense.
I did that. :p

Now for the attacks...
1) What you're doing is the best thing to do when it does that. The other option is to not even stay near it.
K.

2) The food skills should help you with this, but you're just going to have to run away like crazy. You should attack its tail at this point, unless it is doing its supercharged lightning attack.
Yeah, but how do I know when to not be near it for the lightning strike? That's my real issue. I'm in there attacking, and *zap* - dead. Should I just not mess with him while he's enraged? Do Flash Bombs prevent him from using the big zap?

3) You're going to have to walk/run perpendicular to the direction that Ivory is facing. If you were in the middle of attacking, you're screwed unless you have the evasion skill.
Well damn. :p

If I get Guard Up, can I block it? I might try that.

TBH, the SnS doesn't seem like it would do enough damage output for this quest, and a Hammer would be really slow and make you vulnerable. Since you're using high-rank gear
like a true hunter
I would suggest something that allows you to move quick and do some good amount of damage. I would also suggest using a Slime weapon since you it is effective on all of the monsters and can save you on time.
These are the setups I have tried so far:
1) Hammer with Volvidon set I listed above.
2) Slime SnS with Cha-Cha and Kayamba on Sleep status + Barrel Bomb L+ supplies.
3) Sleep SnS with Cha-Cha and Kayamba on Artillery Mask + Lamp Mask for big wake-up damage.

The one time I killed him, it was with the hammer. Maybe I just need a better armor set than Volvidon, since I'm capped out at like 360 defense with it. With my slapped-together SnS sets, I have 410 defense. If I farmed out a high level, high rank armor set, I could probably get 450-500 and gem in Evasion (I have an Evasion +5 charm to help out). I really don't like "farm new gear" to be the answer, because this is a skill-based game. But since all of my armor sets have like -20 lightning resistance, I might have to just because I suck so bad at dodging his AoE lightning.

Do you know if Flash Bombs help with that at all? That's how I take down Brachydios during his rage moments.

Ultratech

Will we have another monster like that as a DLC? Eventacrus is the most fun fight I ever had in this game.

There's G-Rank Ala, like I mentioned, and one other monster that's supposed to be really hard as well (not sure what it is exactly...)

Some of the later event quests look pretty nasty though.

Does anybody know how much Fate+15 (Great Luck) affects reward items?

Does it increase the percentages of particular drops or give you more items overall?

Just increases the chances of getting more reward items except in special cases.

According to the guide, you have like a ~69% chance of getting extra items on average from Rewards.
(Assuming I'm reading that right. That's what I'm inferring from it.)

Good Luck increases that number from 22/32 to 26/32 (~81%).
Great Luck increases that number from 22/32 to 29/32 (~90%)

Lucky Cat and Ultra Lucky Cat apparently work similarly.

LukeSmith

50+ hours in, HR5 online and I still can't decide what kind of weapons I like using.

Ran an Icicle Fang GS for awhile, messed around with a Red Something Lance last night for a bit and then made the Dios S&S.

The Paralysis of choice

50+ hours in, HR5 online and I still can't decide what kind of weapons I like using.

Ran an Icicle Fang GS for awhile, messed around with a Red Something Lance last night for a bit and then made the Dios S&S.

The Paralysis of choice
Weapon choice is like food. You don't have to stop eating burgers just because you like pizza. I often pick a new weapon for every quest just to keep things fresh and interesting.

DaBoss

What weapon?

No weapon in particular. All of it is through the talisman and the armor itself. So I could potentially have 15 slots available. I just want to know what skills would be best.
Yes, yes, and I use the Volvidon set. Skills are:
AUL
Evasion +2
Tremor Res

This seems to be the root of your problem, though I'm not exactly sure what AUL stands for.
I did that. :p

Oh OK, your post seemed to imply that you ate the food combination that gives you Def (L).

Yeah, but how do I know when to not be near it for the lightning strike? That's my real issue. I'm in there attacking, and *zap* - dead. Should I just not mess with him while he's enraged? Do Flash Bombs prevent him from using the big zap?

Well best way to avoid that is to play like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSnk2oHP6xU

Though with a hammer that would be pretty hard. I played in a similar way to that guy, but less safely lol.
Well damn. :p

If I get Guard Up, can I block it? I might try that.

You could try, but when it does the triple attack, you would be done for, unless you had drank a dash juice.
These are the setups I have tried so far:
1) Hammer with Volvidon set I listed above.
2) Slime SnS with Cha-Cha and Kayamba on Sleep status + Barrel Bomb L+ supplies.
3) Sleep SnS with Cha-Cha and Kayamba on Artillery Mask + Lamp Mask for big wake-up damage.

The one time I killed him, it was with the hammer. Maybe I just need a better armor set than Volvidon, since I'm capped out at like 360 defense with it. With my slapped-together SnS sets, I have 410 defense. If I farmed out a high level, high rank armor set, I could probably get 450-500 and gem in Evasion (I have an Evasion +5 charm to help out). I really don't like "farm new gear" to be the answer, because this is a skill-based game. But since all of my armor sets have like -20 lightning resistance, I might have to just because I suck so bad at dodging his AoE lightning.

Do you know if Flash Bombs help with that at all? That's how I take down Brachydios during his rage moments.

Yup, the armor set is your biggest weakness. I used a Zinogre set since it had a good resistance to Thunder and I wouldn't have to sharpen my weapon much. I had my defense at around 450.

The thing I did was cap each monster. I had Cha-Cha wear a Pitfall mask. Flash bombs definitely help. When it is drooling, I flash bomb it and start going all out. It can't do any move other than the lightning ball move.

No weapon in particular. All of it is through the talisman and the armor itself. So I could potentially have 15 slots available. I just want to know what skills would be best.
What skills are best depends on the weapon you use, though!

This seems to be the root of your problem, though I'm not exactly sure what AUL stands for.
AUL = Attack Up (Large)

Oh OK, your post seemed to imply that you ate the food combination that gives you Def (L).
I'm not in G Rank, so I don't have the (L) increases yet. I've alternated between eating the Def Up meals and the Lightning Res meals in my attempts - sorry for the confusion.

Well best way to avoid that is to play like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSnk2oHP6xU
Fucking Youtube randomly saying my browser doesn't recognize HTML5 format. YES IT DOES. How do I stop that from happening? -_-

Though with a hammer that would be pretty hard. I played in a similar way to that guy, but less safely lol.
We'll see when I can watch the video. :p

Yup, the armor set is your biggest weakness. I used a Zinogre set since it had a good resistance to Thunder and I wouldn't have to sharpen my weapon much. I had my defense at around 450.
That's a lot of Zinogre to fight, hmm...

The thing I did was cap each monster. I had Cha-Cha wear a Pitfall mask. Flash bombs definitely help. When it is drooling, I flash bomb it and start going all out. It can't do any move other than the lightning ball move.
:-O Will abuse!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=56037672&postcount=496

And if you are having so much trouble with Ivory Lagiacrus, try to spam traps and flashes.

Pitfall + Stun = Glorious

Using traps against Brachy + Los is a waste of time, and if you can kill one of them, the other one should be easy to solo, no need to save traps for later.
Thank you.

That's true, but I use a hammer, long sword, switchaxe, and lance almost equally.

Also, I didn't cap all monsters, I only capped Brachy and Ivory. Brachy killed Azure Rathalos.
I have separate armor sets and skills for each weapon.

Also, I watched that video, and I'm salty. I get hit way less than that guy, I just die in one hit. -_-

Edit: Wait, what's that ZR target thing he does? o_O How do I do that?

DaBoss

I have separate armor sets and skills for each weapon.

Also, I watched that video, and I'm salty. I get hit way less than that guy, I just die in one hit. -_-

Edit: Wait, what's that ZR target thing he does? o_O How do I do that?

I try to make all-purpose armor sets at this point. :p

You mean Target Cam? Press ZR to activate it and then tap L to use it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

The one time I killed Ivory Lagiacrus I thought "I can do this! Brachy and A. Los are cake!", and then I discovered that
I have to fight them both at once. :-( I was so filled with dismay that I might as well have died right there, because I knew there was no hope for me to do this with 1 life remaining on my first try.

My only advice is to make G Rank armor. :(

G-Rank Armor isn't even that awesome unless you want G-Rank-only skills like Sharpness+1/Awaken. Defense stats aren't all that different when fully upgraded. My Rath Soul armor doesn't have much less defense than my Helios X/Z armor.

Now, G-Rank weapons are a life-and-death difference. And you can make Entomotheos without doing anything but gatherer quests!

DaBoss

Well damn. All of my ships had upgrades to go to a new place. Has that happened to anyone before?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56907280]G-Rank Armor isn't even that awesome unless you want G-Rank-only skills like Sharpness+1/Awaken. Defense stats aren't all that different when fully upgraded.

Now, G-Rank weapons are a life-and-death difference.[/QUOTE]

40 defense is a pretty sizable difference if you ask me. :p

Well damn. All of my ships had upgrades to go to a new place. Has that happened to anyone before?
4-star pirate's tomb is the only place to get long fragments, which are used for artian X greaves, the best leg part in the game as far as I'm concerned.

40 defense is a pretty sizable difference if you ask me. :p

It's not 40 difference if you upgrade, though. Maxed out, Lagiacrus U is 111 defense and Lagiacrus Z is 116, for instance. If you max it out in high rank it's 81 on the U armor, making it only a 9 defense increase to build a whole new set of armor.

On top of that, the only difference in skills is a slightly higher attack boost and the elemental resistances are actually worse. You really have to be careful when building G-rank armor. You could easily spend a lot of time grinding for next to nothing.

I actually spent a little time making a chart on my desk with different parts shuffled around because I despise grinding so much.

My only advice is to make G Rank armor. :(
Fuck that. I'm not touching G Rank until I conquer this fight.

I'm going to look at the armor sets available in High Rank and get something that doesn't have negative lightning resistance (I'm like -19 before eating), and then I'm going to tear Ivory Lagiacrus apart because I'm a goddamn badass who crushes the skulls of beasts twenty times my size and uses their corpses for weapons and armor.

I used Rath Soul armor all through High Rank village/port if that helps, Karst. I actually haven't done one new quest since building G-rank equipment, lol

Just wasting time blowing up old quests to get alatreon since I'm not allowed to play G rank yet.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56908816]I used Rath Soul armor all through High Rank village/port if that helps, Karst. I actually haven't done one new quest since building G-rank equipment, lol

Just wasting time blowing up old quests to get alatreon since I'm not allowed to play G rank yet.[/QUOTE]
Since DaBoss said that it might be doable for Hammer users, this has become my Hammer challenge. I am going to work on creating a set with all of the following:
-HGE
-Evasion +1
-Lightning Res
-Solid Defense

Are there any armor sets that give HGE with the defensive attributes? I can just gem in Evasion +1.

Haunted

Someone tell me the Worn/Rusted Gunlance actually exists and I can get it mining Ancientshards in Volcano G-Rank.

So many runs and no success (but finding the rares of pretty much every other weapon class), I'm starting to lose hope. ;_;

DaBoss

Since DaBoss said that it might be doable for Hammer users, this has become my Hammer challenge. I am going to work on creating a set with all of the following:
-HGE
-Evasion +1
-Lightning Res
-Solid Defense

Are there any armor sets that give HGE with the defensive attributes? I can just gem in Evasion +1.

Try using this: http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/5304-athenas-armor-set-search-for-mh3g-and-mh3u/

Someone tell me the Worn/Rusted Gunlance actually exists and I can get it mining Ancientshards in Volcano G-Rank.

So many runs and no success (but finding the rares of pretty much every other weapon class), I'm starting to lose hope. ;_;

I'm pretty sure I have one.

Fistwell

Anyone playing? I made a room at the usual place.
I totally would, but I'm hungover as all fuck.

That's the very first ancient weapon I found and I hate-hate-hate gunlance. I actually upgraded it (although not all the way) and I must've used it a grand total of once. And yes, G volcano like all the others.

Haunted

I'm pretty sure I have one.
That's the very first ancient weapon I found and I hate-hate-hate gunlance.
insulted.gif

Alright, it looks like the ONLY armor that offers any sort of Earplug protection while also boosting lightning resistance is the Aelucanth set (I had to look at it twice to spell it right). So, incoming post where I need your help:

I've been sending my wife's character off on gathering quests, but she only ever brings Blossom Crickets back. I have never, ever had her bring a Butterfly Beetle back. What gives? What am I doing wrong? Do I have to progress in online HR quests more to open a new area for her to gather in, or something? Right now she can only gather in HR at Misty Peaks, but she can gather there and on D. Island in LR. If I send her to Misty Peaks, she gets no Blossom Crickets or Butterfly Beetles. If I send her to LR gathering quests, she gets Blossom Crickets at least. What should I do?

Also, how many hunter cards can I have in my tavern area at once? There must be a limit, or my tavern would look ridiculous after a while.

If I have multiple hunters in my tavern area, can I send them all on different quests? If so, I might go online and meet up with you GAFers in a room just to exchange cards real quick.

I'm in total ignorance of this aspect of the game, so any help is appreciated.

And then I have a question about 3DS to Wii U save transfers:
If my wife's 3DS and my Wii U have no shared data right now, is there a way to get her character on the Wii U without deleting mine?

That's the thing, those small differences add up to 25. However, you're right, the difference isn't 40 and the elemental weaknesses are a lot better in lower rank equipment.

25 points out of 580 defense is garbage. I don't think anybody in their right mind would build a whole set of armor for a 4% boost. I don't even go for the defense boost from food anymore.

What skills are best depends on the weapon you use, though!

AUL = Attack Up (Large)

I'm not in G Rank, so I don't have the (L) increases yet. I've alternated between eating the Def Up meals and the Lightning Res meals in my attempts - sorry for the confusion.

Fucking Youtube randomly saying my browser doesn't recognize HTML5 format. YES IT DOES. How do I stop that from happening? -_-

We'll see when I can watch the video. :p

That's a lot of Zinogre to fight, hmm...

:-O Will abuse!

Thank you.

I did that quest wearing G rank Volvidon armor with a brachy long sword. I just hit and run. Never committed to more than two strikes on Lagi unless I knew i had the time. Lots of traps and bombs and flashes. Big AOE lightning blast it spits out is best dodged by rolling or diving towards Lagi. Then when facing the dynamic duo afterwards, let Brachy take out Los, take your strikes of opportunity when its safe but keep los between you and brachy as much as possible. Dash juice and megadash is your friend. Run, run and run some more.

DaBoss

Alright, it looks like the ONLY armor that offers any sort of Earplug protection while also boosting lightning resistance is the Aelucanth set (I had to look at it twice to spell it right). So, incoming post where I need your help:

I've been sending my wife's character off on gathering quests, but she only ever brings Blossom Crickets back. I have never, ever had her bring a Butterfly Beetle back. What gives? What am I doing wrong? Do I have to progress in online HR quests more to open a new area for her to gather in, or something? Right now she can only gather in HR at Misty Peaks, but she can gather there and on D. Island in LR. If I send her to Misty Peaks, she gets no Blossom Crickets or Butterfly Beetles. If I send her to LR gathering quests, she gets Blossom Crickets at least. What should I do?

Also, how many hunter cards can I have in my tavern area at once? There must be a limit, or my tavern would look ridiculous after a while.

If I have multiple hunters in my tavern area, can I send them all on different quests? If so, I might go online and meet up with you GAFers in a room just to exchange cards real quick.

I'm in total ignorance of this aspect of the game, so any help is appreciated.

I think you get it by gathering at High-Rank. Set the location to Any if you can.

You can have lots of Guild Cards, I have over 20 I believe. You will have 3 hunters at the Tavern at once, but you can only send one of them off to a quest. If you have lots of Guild Cards, then it is possible to have 3 hunters at once.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56911080]25 points out of 580 defense is garbage. I don't think anybody in their right mind would build a whole set of armor for a 4% boost. I don't even go for the defense boost from food anymore.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yea that's true.

I think you get it by gathering at High-Rank. Set the location to Any if you can.

You can have lots of Guild Cards, I have over 20 I believe. You will have 3 hunters at the Tavern at once, but you can only send one of them off to a quest. If you have lots of Guild Cards, then it is possible to have 3 hunters at once.
So no matter how many hunters I have, I can only send one off on a quest, and the rest will just chill there until he/she gets back?

So there is literally no benefit to having more than one guild card.

DaBoss

So no matter how many hunters I have, I can only send one off on a quest, and the rest will just chill there until he/she gets back?

So there is literally no benefit to having more than one guild card.

Well if you only have one hunter, then you have to wait for them to come back after you're done the quest don't you? You just have a choice between quests you want to send them on.

Beats

Sending out hunters on the High Rank "Honey Hunter" gathering quest gets me at least 1 Butterfly Beetle everytime.

-

I finally defeated Alatreon yesterday. I was being really careful and it took me about 42 minutes. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it though once the timer hit the 40 minute mark. Still, it was fun and it was definitely the most challenging fight.

Well if you only have one hunter, then you have to wait for them to come back after you're done the quest don't you? You just have a choice between quests you want to send them on.
Yeah, I just have my wife's character, and I send her off, wait 3 quests, and then come retrieve her items. Then I wait another 3 quests for her to come back and send her off again. Would having more hunters make any part of that faster?

Also, does anyone know my Wii U / 3DS transfer question's answer? Or does anyone have a link/explanation for how to go online with the 3DS through my Wii U? I could just do that to get her some more cards. We both want the bug armor, but for different reasons (me: HGE and lightning res, her: HGE and "butterfly wings!").

Sending out hunters on the High Rank "Honey Hunter" gathering quest gets me at least 1 Butterfly Beetle everytime.
I did that twice and got none! -_- I'm glad that others have success, though. I blame a ridiculously strong desire sensor, since everyone says they "always" get one but me.

Are there some high rank-ish hunters online that I could join a room with real quick, just to get guild cards? I'd prefer it be GAFers instead of randoms. :)

Edit: I don't know the "usual room" or password.

Just started playing this game for the first time today. I have no idea what I'm doing, seems like there's a pretty big learning curve. So far I've cleared through the Jaggi(a?) boss quest, and unlocked the desert plains area. I've been dumping most of my loot into my item box because I'm not sure what to do with a lot of it - I've slowly purchased new armor and upgraded it (currently at the Hunter+) and I've played around with a few of the beginner weapons, so far I quite like the double blades - is there a general consensus on which weapons are better than others? I tried the katana type longer sword but it was a little unyielding for me.
Enjoying it though, despite being a little bewildered!

Fewr

Just started playing this game for the first time today. I have no idea what I'm doing, seems like there's a pretty big learning curve. So far I've cleared through the Jaggi(a?) boss quest, and unlocked the desert plains area. I've been dumping most of my loot into my item box because I'm not sure what to do with a lot of it - I've slowly purchased new armor and upgraded it (currently at the Hunter+) and I've played around with a few of the beginner weapons, so far I quite like the double blades - is there a general consensus on which weapons are better than others? I tried the katana type longer sword but it was a little unyielding for me.
Enjoying it though, despite being a little bewildered!

You're doing it
right

There is no best weapon afaik, so use whichever you prefer. Keep going, try to get complete sets (remember skills don't activate until you get 10 points), and check OP for the charm table thing in case you have gaming OCD or are a min/maxer.

Rize_21

I use a lot the ancient gunlance,and it really deserves its name: Deus obelisk.With weird signs inlaid on the lance that turns red when you're releasing the wyvern's fire and a great looking shield,the dragon attribute is impressive,just like its sharpness(a big chunk of blue/small part of white without sharpness +1): 552 raw/420 dragon.And 500 with the Zinogre Z armor and dragon attack +2.

also

Banned
Are there some high rank-ish hunters online that I could join a room with real quick, just to get guild cards? I'd prefer it be GAFers instead of randoms. :)

Edit: I don't know the "usual room" or password.

Just quote the OP and scroll to the bottom.

Lol been off MH for revision and didn't realise the other OT closed and a new one was up XD, thought it was strange it was gone from my subscribed list XD

Top Bottom