• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm just finishing off some stuff, but I'm going to hop on in a bit for some HR Wroggi farming. Let me know if you're interested in joining.

Guys I think I am going to pick this up. Let me give you some background I played some MHFU on PSP and some tri on the wii but never more then a few hours with each. (I feel like I am in a better place in my life where I can actually spend some time with games and put the time into MH that it needs) I am loving my 3ds right now and think this would be a great addition to my library. Would it be pretty fun playing with only 1 other friend?

Guys I think I am going to pick this up. Let me give you some background I played some MHFU on PSP and some tri on the wii but never more then a few hours with each. (I feel like I am in a better place in my life where I can actually spend some time with games and put the time into MH that it needs) I am loving my 3ds right now and think this would be a great addition to my library. Would it be pretty fun playing with only 1 other friend?
I play it with just one other person, and I think it's a blast.

Huge shout out to Za Warudo, Maya, and Edayan for helping me through a bunch of 4 & 5 star quests today. You guys are awesome.

MonHun GAF is always super polite and willing to help anyone.

No problem, if you gonna need more help let us know. I'm gonna be on in a few. Tomorrow evening and night and Wednesday all day ;)

Funny, had a Delex (sand fish things) kill black diablos for me while he was underground. He was burrowing down and I was in the process of sheathing my hammer so I could sonic bomb it and all of a sudden the victory music started playing and b.blos popped up out of the ground dead and a Delex swam by.
WTH :lol

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ugh, after the Village's "Fell Dragon" Lagiacrus mission, Shaka disappeared. Is this normal or did he... die?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey B-Dubs,

Just made a room. Free C, Lobby 1. Room is called Wroggi GAF. pass is gaf. Anyone in High Rank is welcome to join!

DaBoss

I am loving my luck with (Stygian) Zinogre shiny drops & rewards. I've gotten an S. Zin Emerald in every quest either through shiny drops or rewards box.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I finally took the Gigginox down after forging the Wroggi gear, without his poison he wasn't much of a threat. But without a fire weapon, it still took me a bit to take him down.

... 0 Pale Extracts though. FML.

for his return:

1- do the carry eggs/powderstones OR capture lagiacrus
2- duramboros
3- volvidon OR ??? (i forget)
4- ???

and cha-cha's back
All four before he's back? :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I finally took the Gigginox down after forging the Wroggi gear, without his poison he wasn't much of a threat. But without a fire weapon, it still took me a bit to take him down.

... 0 Pale Extracts though. FML.

All four before he's back? :(

You get another one after step 2.

thetrin

Where is the best place to farm bathycite ore and hercudromes without being accosted by a large beast? Just trying to do some quick farming.

tengiants

Hell yeah. My wife and I are making our way through G-rank just fine with just the two of us.

I had my first hunter moment last night.

Just farming A. Rath with some randoms. Everything is going great. It flies off and rezones to another area and I place a pitfall in advance.
Some small monsters kept getting in the way of my tranq bombs, all which totally distracted me from another monster zoning in out of no where and fainting me.

I couldn't believe my bad luck, they capped the monster right after too.

Airan

Anyone got the link to the video where a Japanese gunlancer solos a lucent Nargacuga with guts skill and evade? I really want to watch that again, it was awesome.

Welp, just realized my gathering set was incomplete - sometime after making a 3-slot weapon (Zephyr - 693 ATK, 15% affinity), I read that you could gem in Gathering to the Arzuros X set, so I went and did that post-haste, about 8 jewels worth...

Divine Whim
Gathering + 2
Charm Chaser
Honey Hunter
Speed Gatherer
Gourmand

...*throws away Leather S set*

But then the Jaggis'll get me! Their squawking is very intimidating :(

---

Aside from that, currently working on some swords (Rime & Treason is an awesome name btw), so time to work on my cash reserves. I also need some more ElderDragonBlood, so I guess that means more Jhen Mohran for me...

Almost done with my Selene set....got all the Z parts...except for X waist. Damn you 2 Lagia Sapphire!! I'll probably need to farm 50 Ivory Lagiacrus for the 2 Sapphires...

I think I only killed 4-5 Goldbeard Ceadeus for those Selene materials.

Almost done with my Selene set....got all the Z parts...except for X waist. Damn you 2 Lagia Sapphire!! I'll probably need to farm 50 Ivory Lagiacrus for the 2 Sapphires...

I think I only killed 4-5 Goldbeard Ceadeus for those Selene materials.

I think the 3x Lagiacrus quest will give the best chances for Sapphires. Capture one, kill the other two and cut all of their tails.

thetrin

High Rank Flooded Forest gathering for both. The ore can be found in the underwater nodes.

Is there a Harvest Tour for FF HR, or should I just do one of the gathering quests?

L Thammy

Loving my equipment right now. Partbreaker, Attack Up (L), Dio Blade+. I can break a village Azure Rathalos head in about three uncharged attacks.

Slayed my first Deviljho last night, had a bit of trouble with those Herculean hitboxes at first. Mark of the Hero is up next. Wish me luck GAF: I'll probably need it.

Funny, had a Delex (sand fish things) kill black diablos for me while he was underground. He was burrowing down and I was in the process of sheathing my hammer so I could sonic bomb it and all of a sudden the victory music started playing and b.blos popped up out of the ground dead and a Delex swam by.

Not as interesting, but I once had a Bullfango knock over Zinogre. Then another Bullfango rushed in and killed that first.

Been trying to get Brachy Pallium, but even with Ultra Lucky Cat, I had no luck.

In other news, I'm loving Evasion +1. Most charge attacks I find devastating can just roll through.

Fewr

Been trying to get Brachy Pallium, but even with Ultra Lucky Cat, I had no luck.

In other news, I'm loving Evasion +1. Most charge attacks I find devastating can just roll through.

High five.

I beat brachydios for the first time today (third attempt). I'm using a volvidon set that has attack up L and evasion +1.

Ridley327

A simple Arzuros hunt in Moga Woods turned into a Rathalos, a Pink Rathian, and a star-making performance from Ivory Lagiacurs for me.

Did I put those three 7-star rare commodities from Lagi to good use? You bet your ass I did.

thetrin

*high-five*

good times.

What rank are you now? I've always wanted to play a game with you, but it's never happened. Would love to play some MonHun with you.

Haunted

What rank are you now? I've always wanted to play a game with you, but it's never happened. Would love to play some MonHun with you.
<3

HR65 I believe, but I love helping out (and getting help) with whatever quests from 3 to G. I've only played in GAF rooms a handful of times but everyone's always been nice and fun to be around. If we can manage to line up the time zones we should definitely play a couple rounds together. ^^

Top Bottom