• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
duramblos_Deviljhaggi.png

...what have i done...

Yes.. yes!

io1mv7E3Vx41b.gif

Give yourself a week or two off from the game - it's what I did. Didn't want to burn myself out since I'm just about to cross the 300 hour mark.

Doing Finals anyway.
And I'm planning to play some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon afterwards.

...Now that I think about it, I haven't touched my PS3 in a while.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Gawd, I love it when I strike gold with Felyne skills. Right before doing the Powderstone delivery mission I got health and stamina up, and Felyne Lander and Supercat.

ZOYgg4f.png

So my first boat is fully upgraded will the charm table calculator still tell me what what table I'm on? Or will it mess it up since its upgraded?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Z Rank: Hunt a Stygian Brachyjaggiduramjho.

Fail Conditions: You will fail.

That feel of getting no commodities. Also you still need guild cards Karst?
I am all set on them, thank you. I went around exchanging guild cards at random. Then I hooked my wife's 3DS up to the Wii U and did it for her. Now I have my Aelucanth armor, which I have to think about how to spell every time.

Quadratic

Just crossed the 100 hour mark in MH3U and now I'm onto the HR solo quests.

Should they be kicking my ass? I have a decent set of armour (Agnaktor) that's +7 and a Longsword from beating Ceadeus. Pink Rathian is just destroying me.

Should they be kicking my ass? I have a decent set of armour (Agnaktor) that's +7 and a Longsword from beating Ceadeus. Pink Rathian is just destroying me.
They should not be destroying you, but they should be challenging until you get high rank armor.

Quadratic

They should not be destroying you, but they should be challenging until you get high rank armor.

It seems like he's taking lots of health per hit. I guess the advice would be not get hit, however I've never really had an issue with quests up until this point where now I'm failing regularly.

So I just hit a pretty major wall :(

I've beaten all Tanzia 8* quests and killed both Hallowed Jhen Mohran and Abyssal Lagiacrus and am currently sitting at HR67.
I just found out to unlock the games final three quests I have to increase my HR by thirty three ranks!
I'm on the 3DS too so can't jump online.

That's just asking too much for three extra battles so I'll probably, regretfully, put this game down soon.
My first MH and it's been largely (save for frustrating drop rates) awesome, I'm now a fan :)

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Pink Rathian is just destroying me.

I know that when I got to high rank with my Wroggi set, P. Rathian's tail flip would absolutely murder me with the increased damage and different hitbox, and that's with the benefit of not being afflicted by her poison. Fireball and the napalm attack hurt like hell too.

I think most of my damage, before I got Wroggi S. and could tank more hits, came from waiting for her to spit fire at a shakalaka and sneaking in an attack on the head with my hammer. Standing directly under her was not a good plan with the tail flip.

You made it this far, you'll figure out a good pattern of attack with a headache or two. Maybe try a different weapon if you've been making a secondary set. I play a whole lot safer with my switch axe because I'm not really confident with it, and a different mindset could be what you need. Getting acclimated to high rank was a frustrating experience, but I fell back into the groove I had in low rank eventually.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Fucking hell. Monsters in this game should calm down and stop rezoning. I don't remember it being this bad in the past. For god's sake I'm running out of paintballs and cooling drinks.

Also, my character's unrealistically large hitbox is starting to piss me off.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Fucking hell. Monsters in this game should calm down and stop rezoning. I don't remember it being this bad in the past. For god's sake I'm running out of paintballs and cooling drinks.

This is one huge benefit of playing with people. You're not always using your own paintballs. I've never run out of paintballs myself as a result.

I mean, if you're wearing LR gear in HR, then yeah, they're going to wreck you sometimes. Might be worth it to farm some HR gear (like Wroggi S) before tackling the rest of HR and making some other HR set. I say Wroggi S because it's relatively easy to farm with LR gear, and it has poison resist, and will serve you well when you want to make a new set and have to farm.

Beats

Hmm, got my first cosmic ticket.

I don't think I've used any of the VE Tickets yet. What can you get with them?

DaBoss

Hmm, got my first cosmic ticket.

I don't think I've used any of the VE Tickets yet. What can you get with them?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/65971602
Deserted Island, Location: Area 4, in the cave with the Felyne's nest. Must crouch to enter.
VE Ticket ---------------- Lifecrystal
VE Ticket Deluxe ------ Lifepowder
VE Ticket Bronze ------ Rathian Spike
VE Ticket Silver -------- Rathalos Plate
VE Ticket Gold --------- Rathalos Ruby
VE Ticket Cosmic ----- Rathalos Mantle

Flooded Forest, Location: Area 6
VE Ticket ---------------- Nutrients
VE Ticket Deluxe ------ Mega Nutrients
VE Ticket Bronze ------ Royal Ludroth Crest
VE Ticket Silver -------- Durambaros Tail Bone
VE Ticket Gold --------- Durambarose Sacrum
VE Ticket Cosmic ----- Durambolite

Sandy Plains, Location: Base Camp
VE Ticket ---------------- Demondrug
VE Ticket Deluxe ------ Mega Demondrug
VE Ticket Bronze ------ Nibelsnarf Scalp
VE Ticket Silver -------- Rathian Plate
VE Ticket Gold --------- Rathian Ruby
VE Ticket Cosmic ----- Rathian Mantle

Tundra, Location: Base Camp, jump off the ledge (to the right) near the exit
VE Ticket ---------------- Armorskin
VE Ticket Deluxe ----- Mega Armorskin
VE Ticket Bronze ----- Gigginox Claw
VE Ticket Silver ------- Barrioth Spike
VE Ticket Gold -------- Brachydios Gem
VE Ticket Cosmic ---- Brachy Pallium

Volcano, Location: Area 9, halfway up the trail
VE Ticket ---------------- Max Potion
VE Ticket Deluxe ------ Ancient Potion
VE Ticket Bronze ------ Volvi Rickrack
VE Ticket Silver -------- Uragaan Marrow
VE Ticket Gold --------- Uragaan Ruby
VE Ticket Cosmic ----- Uragaan Pallium

Misty Peaks, Location: Base Camp
VE Ticket ---------------- Dash Juice
VE Ticket Deluxe ------ Mega Dash Juice
VE Ticket Bronze ------ Flintstone
VE Ticket Silver -------- Vivid Feather
VE Ticket Gold --------- Zinogre Jasper
VE Ticket Cosmic ----- Zin Skymerald

Haunted

Heals all red health and increases regeneration for a short period of time.
Huh, interesting. Not sure if those are worth a spot. Maybe for a hard hitting monster whose attacks take off a lot in one shot.

What, how. Only got 2 golden tickets so far, but no cosmic.
I think those depend on your unity level? Not sure.

I've got one of each and 35 regular ones. If I want to exchange those for Max Potions (for example), does that mean I'd have to do 17 trips to the VE in the Volcano?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

This this this this thiiiiis this

Vinci

Danish
Okay. So I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Added my NNID and such into the Google Doc. Please add me - I'd like to play this game on multiplayer from time to time. Seems like it'd be a blast if single-player is this enjoyable.

Will go down the list and add as I go.

NNID: Mezzaerin

Beats

What is Unity Level anyway?

It seems like something that sort of shows how often you have played with someone. The highest unity levels on my list are all from people that I've played with a lot. But I'm not entirely sure if there are any other factors.

Haunted

What is Unity Level anyway?
You have a unity level with every person you've played online and exchanged guild cards with. The more you play together, the higher it goes. Think of it as the human version of Cha Cha and Kayamba's chumminess.

You can check it in your guild card list.

It seems like something that sort of shows how often you have played with someone. The highest unity levels on my list are all from people that I've played with a lot. But I'm not entirely sure if there are any other factors.

You have a unity level with every person you've played online and exchanged guild cards with. The more you play together, the higher it goes. Think of it as the human version of Cha Cha and Kayamba's chumminess.

You can check it in your guild card list.
Does that include non-network multiplayer? Like, if my wife joins me on her 3DS, does that increase my Unity Level?

Mondriaan

Hmm, guess I shouldn't be that surprised that the community playing this game isn't really big enough for more than one gaf room. :/

Top Bottom