• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56972172]Which one's that? I'm only grinding out HR because I can't do G Rank yet and I still wanna play.[/QUOTE]
The one I made that huge post about. It's the penultimate village quest.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56972434]Oh ok. I thought beating all the village quests was gonna give me Alatreon.[/QUOTE]
It does, that's why I said "penultimate", which means "second to last". To get Alatreon, you need to defeat Mark of a Hero. To get Mark of a Hero, you need to complete every other quest in the village. So, once you finish all of the quests, you'll get to have the fun experience I did (truly exhilarating).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56974226]I've decided then. My antepenultimate quest will be Goldenfish.[/QUOTE]

I hate that quest so much. SO MUCH

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ugh, 30 hours in and I *just* gave Felyne cooking a chance, and I'm kicking myself for not doing so earlier. The last time I tried it was in the first MHF where it was *too* random and has a high chance of 0 advantages, or worse adverse effects.

But the overhaul here is tremendous, it's less randomized, more streamlines, reliable and cheap! Is this how it is for the rest of the game or I be poisoned soon?

Ugh, 30 hours in and I *just* gave Felyne cooking a chance, and I'm kicking myself for not doing so earlier. The last time I tried it was in the first MHF where it was *too* random and has a high chance of 0 advantages, or worse adverse effects.

But the overhaul here is tremendous, it's less randomized, more streamlines, reliable and cheap! Is this how it is for the rest of the game or I be poisoned soon?
It just gets better as the game continues.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I haven't been poisoned yet, didn't even know that could happen.

As long as you don't trigger "Unlucky Cat", and it'll be apparent if it's a possibility.

As an aside, and I will admit that I haven't gone through the OT1 or this OT2, but does anyone have a quick breakdown of the female/male exclusive armor names? (And their monster, if applicable?)

Like Selene/Helios for
Caedeus
?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finally back in town after a weekend out for my birthday. I've got the day off today, so I might spend the afternoon grinding Wroggi gear. Would anyone be interested in that?

I have to do that dumb volcano run where you carry burning rocks to get to 6*. I saw some you tube video where a guy talked about using specific gear sets for heat resistance bonuses, but that seems like a lot of work for such a stupid quest.

I have to do that dumb volcano run where you carry burning rocks to get to 6*. I saw some you tube video where a guy talked about using specific gear sets for heat resistance bonuses, but that seems like a lot of work for such a stupid quest.

Just make an armor set with Backpacking and bring Mega Dash Juice. Go in with 150 health, then you can make it to camp.

DaBoss

Beat Miralis. Took a long time, like 35 min. My HR is now HR57!

Finally back in town after a weekend out for my birthday. I've got the day off today, so I might spend the afternoon grinding Wroggi gear. Would anyone be interested in that?

Happy belated birthday.

The cheap and easy way:
1) Eat for Felyne Lander.
2) Drink one Mega Dash Juice.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56980602]I just walked it down normally lol.[/QUOTE]

you wouldn't have enough health unless you had some kind of skill buff it seems

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
First time fighting the Gigginox (Village quest). While I didn't die, I was frustrated enough from making progress that I abandoned the quest. What a giant asshole (GET IT?!), and way worse than Khezu. Any tips for how to approach this fight? The fucking thing is too agile and erratic.

First time fighting the Gigginox (Village quest). While I didn't die, I was frustrated enough from making progress that I abandoned the quest. What a giant asshole (GET IT?!), and way worse than Khezu. Any tips for how to approach this fight? The fucking thing is too agile and erratic.

I just brought 10 antidote potions, 10 of the herb that works some of the time, and 10 of the bug that, 50% of the time, it works all the time.

His health is pretty low. I believe those bounce bombs are to knock him off the ceiling. I assume he falls down pretty hard and you get a bunch of free attacks.

i wouldn't know from experience as I never did that, but boy did i try

Chuckpebble

I've always had a much easier time gunning him. That may be a really tough option depending on how you've progressed. I'm going primarily gunlance with bowgun on the side for monsters that are too mobile, like to fly. I'd say gunlance and lance are the toughest weapons to use against him. I kept blocking attacks, but he'd end up right on top of me, making for a really annoying time. It'd be best to use something very mobile, SnS or DS, preferably with flame element. Also, use a pair of traps and some bombs on him to shorten his life. That's my answer to everything.

Fistwell

Worse than khezu what is this I dont even

What seems to be the problem? If you get poisoned too much, you can always kill a few wroggis, I think the set has negate poison or something. He pretty much telegraphs most of his attacks, the second time you face him you should be able to see him coming. If he's really giving you trouble, trap his ass into oblivion and go to town. Or just run circles around him at a safe distance and wait for him to get tired. Also, fire absolutely wrecks his shit. If not done it yet, you could do the bullfango event and get the fire lance.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Aight, thanks guys. I'm aware he's weak to fire, but I don't have any fire weapons atm, but I'll try to go with bombs, maybe with a Felyne Bombardier(?). I'll see if switching to DB would fare better than LS. I really don't feel like forging something new for a single fight.

Worse than khezu what is this I dont even

What seems to be the problem? If you get poisoned too much, you can always kill a few wroggis, I think the set has negate poison or something. He pretty much telegraphs most of his attacks, the second time you face him you should be able to see him coming. If he's really giving you trouble, trap his ass into oblivion and go to town. Or just run circles around him at a safe distance and wait for him to get tired. Also, fire absolutely wrecks his shit. If not done it yet, you could do the bullfango event and get the fire lance.
Aight, I'll go with traps too. Wroggi set might be worth the investment too.

What weapon are you using?

Edit: I see, LS or DB. Don't really use either weapon, but the non-shielded weapon I use against it is the Hammer. I would say that if you ever find yourself getting greedy with your combos, it's better to just get a few hits in rather than taking a gamble.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Don't be afraid to trap him for a bit early on to help get some damage in. Once his health gets low he won't be moving around as much.

Hoodbury

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56980602]I just walked it down normally lol.[/QUOTE]

Same; I never understood why people keep saying you need special this and special that to do this quest. Just eat for max health and use the rations to fill out your stamina bar and you'll be fine.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Low, High or G rank?
High rank. I need to replace my Low Rank Barroth gear so I can stay competitive through HR.

That is, unless you have a better recommendation for what to farm for High Rank.

I want to make Wroggi so I can take more hits than I can right now, and then use that as a springboard to start farming armor and weapon sets I actually want. I assume my HR armor will be largely useless in G Rank, so I just want Wroggi armor to make future farming for better gear easier.

Happy birthday!

Happy belated birthday.
Thank you! It was the big 30.

Riposte

Think I'm done with making high rank sets. Real close to finishing my low rank set. When I do, I want to go back and help people do stuff online. It is pretty swag and needs to be seen.

Beats

Anyone want to help me with the high rank Baleful Gigginox event quest? I put a room up in Free C > Lobby 9 (no password).

I really want to make this:
sfsdfsewciu.png

There's also a Longsword you can make too.

Ultratech

It's not THAT much work.

The set I use for Powerstone runs is basically all Loc Lac Armor, a Jaggi Mask, and a 3 slot arm, with a Heat Res talisman.

If you've gotten far enough, you can buy the Loc Lac set. Jaggi Mask isn't too hard to make, and the other stuff you might have lying around.

Gives Gathering +1, Pro Transporter, Halve Hunger, Dung Bomb Expert, and Heat Cancel. (The S Set gives you Detect instead of Halve Hunger.)

Obviously, max Health and Stamina helps. So does Felyne Lander if you can manage to get lucky.

Powderstone is a classic quest

I remember the times with the endless Bullfangos and Black Gravios beaming across the screen. *shudders*

And those Egg Carrying quests...the day I found out a Velociprey could jump 10 ft into the air was a bad day. ;_;

MH1 was a real dick about those mandatory Transport quests.

Hoodbury

Funny, had a Delex (sand fish things) kill black diablos for me while he was underground. He was burrowing down and I was in the process of sheathing my hammer so I could sonic bomb it and all of a sudden the victory music started playing and b.blos popped up out of the ground dead and a Delex swam by.

Defunkled

Huge shout out to Za Warudo, Maya, and Edayan for helping me through a bunch of 4 & 5 star quests today. You guys are awesome.

MonHun GAF is always super polite and willing to help anyone.

Top Bottom