• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hmm, guess I shouldn't be that surprised that the community playing this game isn't really big enough for more than one gaf room. :/

Not my fault the 3DS doesn't have online :p

I consider myself very lucky that I have 3-4 real life friends who I can play with every Friday, because its been such a blast

L Thammy

Tried out Mark of the Hero. This is insane. Ivory's nibbles take off half my health. Even his lightning almost kills me. I'm wearing Ivory Lagiacrus armour and I've got Felyne Thundercaller to boot.

Tried out Mark of the Hero. This is insane. Ivory's nibbles take off half my health. Even his lightning almost kills me. I'm wearing Ivory Lagiacrus armour and I've got Felyne Thundercaller to boot.
Psh, scrub!

It took me 6 tries - check out the big post I made a few pages back for my mini "how to" guide.

brachiduramblos_Deviljhaggi.png
"Only found in underwater areas; never fights on land."

L Thammy

Psh, scrub!

It took me 6 tries - check out the big post I made a few pages back for my mini "how to" guide.

I've actually read your megapost. Your plan seems more refined then mine. My first item load was my usual:

Mega Potions
Whetstones
Well-Done Steaks
Mega Pickaxes
Mega Bugnets

Obviously not prepared at all, so I had no hope. The hipcheck and large electric field are particularly bad; no idea how to dodge those after attacking. So I took a few more items and tried again.

Pitfall Traps
Shock Traps
Barrel Bomb S+
Barrel Bomb L
Barrel Bomb L+
Drugged Meat
Trap Tools
Nets
Mega Demondrugs
Mega Armorskins
Mega Dash Juice
Demon Flute
Armor Flute

Trapped him early and bombed his face. Then I managed to break everything but his back. It was raging pretty often, so I figure that I got close to killing it, but I ran out of Mega Potions by then. I dropped two Drugged Meats, but it didn't go for them.

Obviously I need to take things more seriously. Bring Max Potions, Ancient Potions, Farcasters, put away the gathering tools. I can't really tire it out with a GS, so I'll try equipping the Shakas to handle that.

I've actually read your megapost. Your plan seems more refined then mine. My first item load was my usual:

Mega Potions
Whetstones
Well-Done Steaks
Mega Pickaxes
Mega Bugnets

Obviously not prepared at all, so I had no hope. The hipcheck and large electric field are particularly bad; no idea how to dodge those after attacking. So I took a few more items and tried again.

Pitfall Traps
Shock Traps
Barrel Bomb S+
Barrel Bomb L
Barrel Bomb L+
Drugged Meat
Trap Tools
Nets
Mega Demondrugs
Mega Armorskins
Mega Dash Juice
Demon Flute
Armor Flute

Trapped him early and bombed his face. Then I managed to break everything but his back. It was raging pretty often, so I figure that I got close to killing it, but I ran out of Mega Potions by then. I dropped two Drugged Meats, but it didn't go for them.

Obviously I need to take things more seriously. Bring Max Potions, Ancient Potions, Farcasters, put away the gathering tools. I can't really tire it out with a GS, so I'll try equipping the Shakas to handle that.
I don't care to chain-trap him just because that cheeses the fight too much. I still want to "beat" him.

If you have Evasion +1, you can roll right through the hip check. Otherwise, be sure to attack near his back legs or his chest, as you can roll to safety during its windup in either case.

That would be a relief. The horns, pounders, and tailcase would only be worrisome on land. :p
What if he burrowed like Diablos, but under water? ;-D

Fighting a large monster only for a Melynx to steal my map and runs away. What a troll move.
yzhIwtd.gif

When they steal my shock trap, it gets personal. The monster can wait until I murder and skin that little asshole. (oh, if only I could murder and skin them)

Day 3 of Diablos farming. Still need one hardhorn. Getting tired of seeing my greatsword whiff straight through the tail.

Kyzon

I think I'm going to take a break from MH. About a week to play other stuff.
When I come back, it's time to make a set for my bow.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57128766]You mean like Gobul?[/QUOTE]
No, like Diablos. Gobul isn't scary when he goes under, he's free hits. Diablos makes the heart pump blood. I want that freakish abomination torpedoing through the water while leaving a water-based slime trail that explodes as his tail spins around in a helicopter motion.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No, like Diablos. Gobul isn't scary when he goes under, he's free hits. Diablos makes the heart pump blood. I want that freakish abomination torpedoing through the water while leaving a water-based slime trail that explodes as his tail spins around in a helicopter motion.

Don't give them any idea, they'll totally do that if they read it.

Liethe

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57129024]I feel like Diablos is a lot easier than when he was the boss in MH1. Frankly the whole game seems too easy. And frustrating.[/QUOTE]
Did you play G Rank yet? I seem to recall you did not.

Fistwell

I want that freakish abomination torpedoing through the water while leaving a water-based slime trail that explodes as his tail spins around in a helicopter motion.
The ballerina spinning creates large a-lagi vortices with water+dragon element, propelling explosive gobs of slime at 360° (comparable to l-narga 360° poison shard spam).

I started with MHT, so I can't comment beyond this: did the game actually get easier, or did you just learn how to play the game, and those skills carried over?
Can't comment myself on the first game, which I only played casually, but 3rd generation is significantly easier than 2nd (which is supposed to be much easier than 1rst).

I used to be a veteran in handling Diablos in MHFU...but this MH3U Diablos. WTF is going on? What's with the burrow and move around...then pouncing out quickly without much of a tell?(not the straight up one, but the charging pounce move from burrowed position)

How the heck do I avoid that?

ryz

Okay, so i've done every SP quest (except Alatreon) now. Currently working on completing all the high rank MP quests.

My meta goal in this game is to fight every monster at least once.

Whats the fastest way to increase HR after the cap is removed? Currently HR 33, grinding to HR 70 for Abyssal Lagiacrus seems like it will take an eternity :/

Any tips?

Fistwell

Any tips?
Fight big monsters and monster combinations online, do only the easy ones to save time, do it in a group of 4 competent players.... I got nothing...

I think I'm going to take a break from MH. About a week to play other stuff.
Maybe it's time I do that myself, 350hrs in. Not burned out yet, but getting there. Skipped on a lot of games, only downloaded guaca-melee since picking up ultimate, and barely even played that.

Okay, so i've done every SP quest (except Alatreon) now. Currently working on completing all the high rank MP quests.

My meta goal in this game is to fight every monster at least once.

Whats the fastest way to increase HR after the cap is removed? Currently HR 33, grinding to HR 70 for Abyssal Lagiacrus seems like it will take an eternity :/

Any tips?

I can host it for you if you want, unless you're playing on 3DS.

Also, if you want to increase HR, there is a quest 3X Barioth that gives 4K exp. There are quest that give you more, but the 3XBarioth can be done super fast.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
"Only found in underwater areas; never fights on land."

Immune to traps. Carves only jaggi hide.

Finished HR3 today.

Anyone up for helping me build an upgrade for my wyvern blade tomorrow? Looks like it needs Rathion, Rathalos and Barioth (HR)

Rize_21

Any tips?
Arena quest online: forgot the name but you fight against Barioth X Nargacuga then Sand Barioth X Green Nargacuga,you get this quest once HR 80 but there's usually available rooms for this,it may seems intimidating,but it takes around less than ten minutes with a decent group,pretty sure it's the quest the most done for HR farm as many players know where to set the traps and bombs when the second couple appears.
IIRC,you'll earn around 7.5k per quest.

ryz

Fight big monsters and monster combinations online, do only the easy ones to save time, do it in a group of 4 competent players.... I got nothing...

Yeah, figures. Just wondering how people can be HR +120 already, just crazy.

I can host it for you if you want, unless you're playing on 3DS.

Also, if you want to increase HR, there is a quest 3X Barioth that gives 4K exp. There are quest that give you more, but the 3XBarioth can be done super fast.

Cool, thanks! Will do the quests then.

That would be awesome! Tonight, perhaps? Is Lucent Narga also possible? So the HR reqs only apply for the host?

Currently at work, i will be online in about 10 hours. (Europe)

Mondriaan

Hmm, guess I shouldn't be that surprised that the community playing this game isn't really big enough for more than one gaf room. :/
This is a shout-out to everyone who joined me last night. Now I'll never have to post another cruel king quest.

Who knew that playing with GAF was lucky? I was getting two eventacruz tickets per run!

Funny? WAS?! LOL?!?!

Seriously, even I'm considering getting a Wii U for this game but the 3DS version is more than capable.

Just got to HR3 last night in MP with the girl, we still have to do the Urgent Quest for her now but I have a feeling it's going to ramp up in difficulty pretty fast.

Rathalos FINALLY dropped his Plate and was able to complete a full Rath set! It's my first 'full' set since Jaggi. But now it's probably going to be worthless lol.

Either way, good to see something I was going after for almost 2 weeks finally drop, I was starting to get doubtful of the grind but I guess they balance the carrot and stick pretty well.

Unfortunately she is still in Wroggi armor and not sure how long either of our sets will make it in the HR stuff when playing MP. I mainly use LS now, it's got everything I want in a weapon.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hey!

I have a question about forging armor sets. I have played for ~30 hours, but besides forging the initial jaggi set, I haven't bothered farming other monsters enough to make other sets jet.

It seems a bit tedious(?) to forge them all, so which sets should I go for (two or three) to compliment my upgraded jaggi armor?

Cheers! (I need to start going on those MP missions soon...)

Hey!

I have a question about forging armor sets. I have played for ~30 hours, but besides forging the initial jaggi set, I haven't bothered farming other monsters enough to make other sets jet.

It seems a bit tedious(?) to forge them all, so which sets should I go for (two or three) to compliment my upgraded jaggi armor?

each rarity upgrade will give you more defense. Each set also gives you different boosts. Some are weak and strong against different elements.

I generally take one "good" set and upgrade it to the max per level. I think once the monsters start getting hard, it might call for more sets for specific bonuses.

Haunted

Hey!

Well, go take a look at some of the sets you can craft, look at their skills and what kind of skills you like and which would suit your playstyle. The Jaggi armour is a nice entry level set, but there are much better and more useful sets out there, you might feel yourself outclassed once you enter High Rank. The game's clever in giving you the monster's set to look at once you've hunted one and acquired its materials.

Funny, my roommate was considering getting a Wii U just for this game, lol.
Getting a Monster Hunter Box to play Monster Hunter on isn't funny at all. A reasonable proposition.

Top Bottom