• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I finally finished a HR set (and the lvl1 Ceadeus switch axe) and started hunting in earnest and damn does it make a difference. When I fought Purple Ludroth I thought it was going to be rough from now on, but now it's not much harder than doing normal hunts with equivalent gear. I should go back and get up to HR in the online mode as well.

explodet

The Sharpness/Razor Sharp/Handicraft/Sharpness+1 thing could have been handled better. Confused the hell out of me at first. Of course, the lack of a good online guide didn't help either.

Haunted

The Sharpness/Razor Sharp/Handicraft/Sharpness+1 thing could have been handled better. Confused the hell out of me at first. Of course, the lack of a good online guide didn't help either.
Skill Names and Skill Activation names are pretty stupid, anyway. Just get rid of the latter to make it less confusing.

Later today, I'm going to have to do a few HR Rathian/Rathalos runs, and get a Sand Barioth tail for my new Long Sword.

Anyone up for that?
Just saw this post and it was a couple hours ago, but I'm totally up for that. :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Skill Names and Skill Activation names are pretty stupid, anyway. Just get rid of the latter to make it less confusing.

Just saw this post and it was a couple hours ago, but I'm totally up for that. :D

Sweet! I'll post in the thread when I'm logging on. :)

Quadratic

Cross posting from the Toronto community thread.

Just another reminder about the TO-Monster Hunter meetup tomorrow at the Beer Station. If you need directions or info send me a PM. Going to try and reserve a table for 6. Although might not seem necessary since it's usually dead inside.

Oh, remember to bring a charger since we might run out of juice while hunting. If this is successful maybe we can make it a somewhat regular event.

Lurkers are more than welcome.

Just be warned if you're G rank that this might be LR only since some of us are pretty new to the game.

Nice. Or just message me in-game and I'll join your room (if I'm not in the middle of a quest), even easier ^^

Could've just joined the other GAF room, we're only 2 guys so far!

Hey Haunted, how long are you gonna be on tonight? Just got home, got to eat something and take a shower. I'll be up in about hour, hope to still see you hunting :D

Haunted

Hey Haunted, how long are you gonna be on tonight? Just got home, got to eat something and take a shower. I'll be up in about hour, hope to still see you hunting :D
Depends on how much I get carted and how quickly I ragequit! :p We've got a good GAF room going right now, I'm the lowest level (HR77). :eek:

It's open night for me tonight and no obligations tomorrow morning, so I'll be on for a couple hours for sure. At least until I get to play with thetrin a bit later. ^^

Nohar

At least the English translation have different names for different abilities.
In the French translation, "Sharpener" and "Edge Master" have both been translated "Aiguiseur" (same name, COMPLETLY different skills unlocked)... I really want to strangle the french translator(s) for that, and for not correcting the ridiculous translation error of the item box (instead of "Retirer des objets" ("Remove items"), it was translated "Supprimer objets" ("Delete items"). Yes, I was kind of confused the first time. I know that they face space limits when it comes to translate some text boxes, but really?! There's also the infamous "shadowbox" which was translated "boîte de l'ombre", instead of "boxer dans le vide").
There's also "Free Element" (for the "Awaken" Skill) which was translated "Réveil" (which means "Alarm clock" or "To wake up" in French... Whereas there is the "Éveil" word, which would fit perfectly).

I get that translators don't have the context of everything they translate, but really, such huge errors of translations drive me nuts (errors that have been present in MH 3 as well, and maybe also MH2 Freedom Unite for all I know).

Nice hunts with Beats, Lanze B and Haunted! We all fought our first Savage Jho - popped up randomly during the White Noise advanced quest. Fun stuff! Glad I got it recorded too, going to be uploaded in a bit.

Ridley327

I'll be on tonight for a bit. I might even help out any low-rank guys if they need to do Lagiacrus, as I still need one of his horns to continue upgrading his GS.

Chuckpebble

Getting S Rank on Challenge 3 is kinda hard. Took me about 5 tries.

Best: 9:04

Brachydios is such a pain in the ass!
What weapon class are you using on him? So far I've only done gunlance. The major PIA with that is that anytime I get slimed, I have to sheath. Then I get pounced on after I burn through all of my stamina bar. I can imagine a ranged weapon being a cinch, but haven't had a chance to try yet.

Haunted

What weapon class are you using on him? So far I've only done gunlance. The major PIA with that is that anytime I get slimed, I have to sheath. Then I get pounced on after I burn through all of my stamina bar. I can imagine a ranged weapon being a cinch, but haven't had a chance to try yet.
The only way to avoid his enraged pounce after being slimed is to not sheathe, wait, and do the forward + X attack right when he pounces at you (you'll run under his legs and barely avoid the explosion if you time it right)

One of the most badass moves you can pull off as a GL user. :D

Of course, you'll have to sheath afterwards anyway, but at least you're not losing any health.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm about to have dinner in a bit, but I'll be up late for some MonHun. Haunted, if you can make it, would love to have you join me for some Rathian/Rathalos ass kicking. :D

I have the parts for the Grim Cat switch axe, and I might build that eventually, but I really wanna upgrade my LS (and I already need cash badly)

Also, I just wanted to say that out of all the communities I've been a part of, the MonHun community has always been the best. Maybe it's born from the gameplay, but even outside of GAF, I've met nothing but awesome people that are always willing to help.

Ultratech

Made the Event SnS from the Mini-gaan event.

Wasn't terribly impressed with it honestly. :\

But Mini Uragaan is such a fun fight. Too bad they didn't put the awesome music in. :(

I don't think I quite grasped at how much larger the dragon breath attack gets when he's enraged until I saw you guys fight him in area 7, in which it quite literally fills the entire room. Woe unto anyone that gets hit by it with any weakness to Dragon.

Yeah, that's one of the first things I noticed when I first fought him.

When he's enraged, the range on that breath gets considerably larger.

It's partially as to why I make it a point to stay on his ass. Dragonbreath HURTS.

L Thammy

I don't think I quite grasped at how much larger the dragon breath attack gets when he's enraged until I saw you guys fight him in area 7, in which it quite literally fills the entire room. Woe unto anyone that gets hit by it with any weakness to Dragon.

Is it still blockable?

Haunted

Also, I just wanted to say that out of all the communities I've been a part of, the MonHun community has always been the best. Maybe it's born from the gameplay, but even outside of GAF, I've met nothing but awesome people that are always willing to help.
I agree. I think it's because it's a pure co-op game. You just have to depend on others so much, it's foolish not to help everyone else out.

The only way to avoid his enraged pounce after being slimed is to not sheathe, wait, and do the forward + X attack right when he pounces at you (you'll run under his legs and barely avoid the explosion if you time it right)

One of the most badass moves you can pull off as a GL user. :D

Of course, you'll have to sheath afterwards anyway, but at least you're not losing any health.

Here's top tips for fellow hunters:

• Never sheathe, you'll just get hit
  • Never use items, you'll just get hit
  • Never attack anything but the legs, ever
  • dodge a lot

thetrin

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57382858]Here's top tips for fellow hunters:

• Never sheathe, you'll just get hit
  • Never use items, you'll just get hit
  • Never attack anything but the legs, ever
  • dodge a lot
[/QUOTE]

Pro tips in this post. New players, never deviate from this post, not matter what others say.

Fewr

Did Zinogre for the frist time. Great design, disappointing battle, I thought it was easier than Barioth.

Did Sand Barioth for the first time too, I had fun. I'll go through it again to upgrade my long sword.

You guys were not kidding about the event Ivory Lagiacrus. ç_ç

I tried about five times, failed all of them. Insane amount of DMG and HP.

Anyone wanna join me tomorrow?

Lance, the other guy used LS or SnS, I don't remember. I tried Bowgun a few times but it didn't work out, ain't nobody got time for normal shots. I should mention that I main Lance and Bowgun, so I knew what I was doing.

Basically, you have to save traps and some flashes for Brachy. Make sure to put some bombs where he spawnS too.

Here's the Savage Jho quest with some GAF'ers I played with:

http://youtu.be/W8HBQB4Uk8w
yas @ ur mega dash juice! punch!

thetrin

Did Zinogre for the frist time. Great design, disappointing battle, I thought it was easier than Barioth.

Did Sand Barioth for the first time too, I had fun. I'll go through it again to upgrade my long sword.

I'm actually going to do it in a bit to get the S. Barioth tail for my new long sword. Care to join me?

Fewr

I'm actually going to do it in a bit to get the S. Barioth tail for my new long sword. Care to join me?
Argh! I'd love to, but I'm about to go to bed lol. Maybe we can play during the weekend.

Are you upgrading the wyvern fire long sword? If so, we are doing the same thing.

thetrin

Argh! I'd love to, but I'm about to go to bed lol. Maybe we can play during the weekend.

Are you upgrading the wyvern fire long sword? If so, we are doing the same thing.

I am, in fact! I'd be down to do some Rathalos/Rathian runs with you, even if my sword ends up completed before we play.

Eteric Rice

Hey guys, my friend just did the 5 star quests in single player, AND did the quests that the chief's son offers, but it won't let him advance.

What do?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey guys, my friend just did the 5 star quests in single player, AND did the quests that the chief's son offers, but it won't let him advance.

What do?

Did he get the mask from behind the waterfall in the farm? You need the Ancient Mask to fight Caedeus.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
My fortunes have finally turned perhaps. My group fought Goldbeard Ceaedeus like four times tonight so we could all get up to HR 6 and I managed to get both of those Dark Dragongem whatevers needed for the armor set. Now I just need all of those weird vouchers...

On that note, Where's the Uragaan is the best quest in the game.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Holy FUCK I am never ever fighting a Barioth with a Greatsword again. He literally does not stay in one place long enough for any of your animations to complete. I have no fucking idea how I'm supposed to cut off his tail then, since all of the cutting weapons I can craft right now with fire damage take about three and a half years to attack.

Top Bottom