• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Reposting for the new page:
Can Team Leader resurrect dead Shakalakas, or only healing ones? It seems like a pretty useless skill if it's only the latter, but that's what folks are saying. I'm wondering whether Team Leader can circumvent Last Stand's drawback.

RobbieNick

FUCK YOU PINK RATH!

I'm killing a Crimson Qurupeco on a HR3 quest when I finally kill him. But not before he makes one final bellow and just as I win, Pink Rathian shows up again after I'm all out of the dung bombs I've been throwing at him. I try to carve Peco but nope! He keeps knocking me over and attacking me. Making me miss several carves. Asshole.

Mupod

FUCK YOU PINK RATH!

I'm killing a Crimson Qurupeco on a HR3 quest when I finally kill him. But not before he makes one final bellow and just as I win, Pink Rathian shows up again after I'm all out of the dung bombs I've been throwing at him. I try to carve Peco but nope! He keeps knocking me over and attacking me. Making me miss several carves. Asshole.

Rathian is a girl!

anyways I always bring flashbombs with me and one of their uses is to make things fuck off while you're trying to carve. Real nice in multi monster arenas.

Ultratech

Sounds like this is how it really works:

"Shakalaka's Call When Shakalaka(s) is/are recovering underground, use shouts to call him(them) back with full recovery."

IE can't be totally dead.

"Only works once every 10 minutes." also means you have to wait 10 minutes for your first activation and so forth.

Sounds like it'd have very situational use.

As for Last Stand...I would assume it doesn't work based off my above description, but feel free to test it out.

Mileena

Banned
No, you just seem to keep odd hours these days!

CMV6COh.gif

Why is Team Player amazing and Team Leader crap, then? I really feel like we must be missing something...I'll test it to be sure later.

Fewr

I did an Azure Rathalos for the first time a while ago. Total dissapointment. Aren't subspecies supposed to have new moves? I didn't notice any difference between this and the normal Rathalos.

Question:
One of my personal goals for the game is to craft the armor on the cover. Is it the Rath Soul armor or is there an upgraded version that looks different? I ask because the helmet doesn't quite seem to be the same as that on the cover.

Fewr

Yeh, that's why I'm doing it. After I'm done with single player I'll start multi from rank 3. I want to at least look fashionable while doing the easy fights.

Ridley327

I did an Azure Rathalos for the first time a while ago. Total dissapointment. Aren't subspecies supposed to have new moves? I didn't notice any difference between this and the normal Rathalos.

Question:
One of my personal goals for the game is to craft the armor on the cover. Is it the Rath Soul armor or is there an upgraded version that looks different? I ask because the helmet doesn't quite seem to be the same as that on the cover.
That's the G-rank Rath Soul armor on the cover; the weapon is the Pale Kaiser GS.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm using Wroggi S right now, and I'm looking to build maybe Zinogre as I get deeper into HR. How far will upgraded Zinogre get me in G Rank? I'd hate to build the whole set, just to find that it's useless the minute I step into G Rank.

Maybe the drop rates on Kiranico are inaccurate. I haven't tried mining them yet. Was just looking up drop rates online.

Oh, it turns out the drop rate are TOTALLY ACCURATE. ARGH!!! Damn you firecell stones!

ryz

Question:

Did the same :) It's the Rath Soul Z armor set.

Zinogre armor complete! Anyways, it's not just weapons that need to be more distinctive - armor should too. If the Zinogre armor flared up when I was in Demon/Archdemon mode, it would be more amazing. Or had a current going through it.

On a more positive note, Latent Power (+2) is just the best ability. Combined with Razor Sharp and Demon Mode... that's another thing, I actually forgot I was in Demon Mode because my Stamina was draining so slowly! Perfect for Dual Blades. Brought the thunder down on Azure Rathalos.

Ridley327

What are you guys doing? I'm only HR4.

I need to farm Brachydios and make some cash, personally.
I don't care; just want to play, that's all.

Why did you leave, ryz? I wasn't angry with you at all! Just mad that we got close enough to victory for it to be painful.

Ken

Helios Z is probably common because G Caedeus is the intro to G rank.

Brachydios is common because of either lolslime or "I am Gundam/EVA/Kamen Rider."

Ultratech

Helios Z is probably common because G Caedeus is the intro to G rank.

Brachydios is common because of either lolslime or "I am Gundam/EVA/Kamen Rider."

Needs more Miralis so they can be all like, "RAWR, I"MMA TRANSFORMER!"

Or the Bug set. Because looking like a Beetle or pretty Butterfly would be neat. (I don't think I've even seen anyone with this.)

Most of the common stuff I see is basically:
-Lucent Narga Set
-Golden Lune
-Rath Soul X
-Jhen Set (Grand Yamato/Yamato Prime or w/e)
-Nether (Mix)
-Helios (X or Z)
-S.Zinogre

Needs more Miralis so they can be all like, "RAWR, I"MMA TRANSFORMER!"

Or the Bug set. Because looking like a Beetle or pretty Butterfly would be neat. (I don't think I've even seen anyone with this.)

Most of the common stuff I see is basically:
-Lucent Narga Set
-Golden Lune
-Rath Soul X
-Jhen Set (Grand Yamato/Yamato Prime or w/e)
-Nether (Mix)
-Helios (X or Z)
-S.Zinogre

Dammmmmnnnn

I was gonna make Zinogre or Jhen in G-Rank...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I used narga and narga x the whole game until I hit hallowed jhen. Using a zinogre x and hyuga prime mix now. Gotta have that evade+

Fewr

I'm thinking they could add the silent protagonist, during the fight you'd have to sharpen your blade to increase attack. Supers would be (1) Cha Cha & Kayamba, (2) Summon a random monster (or maybe a Rath monster because they use them a lot at least in 3U).

There's Felyne cards in UMvC3...lol.
Well, that's... better than nothing lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I'm doing this quest and all of a sudden Deviljho! I've decided I am sick of that prick and I am hunting his ass down. Got some poisoned meat and I'm going to make his ass die. I may only be at the beginning of HR but I am not going to let that asshat push me around anymore. I can only hope I don't get carted a bunch of times.

Hey guys, I got this game at launch but due to having a shitty network at my school could never get to play online with it. Now that I'm home I'm getting back into it, but I need some people to play online with.

Anyone interested in showing someone who's still, relatively speaking, a "noob" the ropes? Or just playing with me?

NNID: Inferno313

Insaniac

Can someone please help me? I recently bought a 16gb SanDisk Ultra Class 10 SD card, and the save times are up to 15 seconds! Is there something I can do like formatting the SD card to fix the save time? I know it shouldn't be taking this long to save

Top Bottom