• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This is my first Monster Hunter, and I'm loving it so far. My first forged armor was to Jaggi. I just turned Hunter Rank 3 and am considering upgrading to the Gore Magala set. Any thoughts?

Raide

what is the first power bow you can craft? Really annoying to fail the arrow rain because it gets blocked. Makes perfect real world sense but damn its annoying sometimes.

I mained the bow in tri-u and it still feels weak compared to every other weapon. Really need to refine my skills I think and git gud.

Kinsei

Banned
what is the first power bow you can craft? Really annoying to fail the arrow rain because it gets blocked. Makes perfect real world sense but damn its annoying sometimes.

I mained the bow in tri-u and it still feels weak compared to every other weapon. Really need to refine my skills I think and git gud.

I think the Gore Magala bow is the first bow with the power shot.

To the guys I was just hunting with (Davos, Kuntz, and MrPanic) Got dc'd due to a connection error.
Was good hunting with you guys, feel free to send me a friend request.
4382-1959-2873. My hunting name is Emanon.

KHlover

Banned
Just crafted a Jaggi Armor S to have a chance to survive anything at all in High Rank. Do you guys think it'll last me until I can craft a High Rank Rathalos armor or will I need to craft yet another armor to survive HR5 quests?

Or should I craft a completely different armor (I use Gunlance) instead?

Kinsei

Banned
It looks neat, though. Any alternative recommendations?

At that point? Rathalos or Velociprey.

Just crafted a Jaggi Armor S to have a chance to survive anything at all in High Rank. Do you guys think it'll last me until I can craft a High Rank Rathalos armor or will I need to craft yet another armor to survive HR5 quests?

Or should I craft a completely different armor (I use Gunlance) instead?

That should get you through.

Pachimari

After completing the first 3 quests you unlock a tutorial quest for every weapon in the game. Do those to get an idea of which weapons suit you well.

Buy the info books and book of combo's from the shop. The info books give you pictures of monsters as well as hints for fighting them.

Did you download the 1.1 update? If so go to te cat in your house, choose the DLC option, and then choose gift. You'll get a really nice starter pack for free.

You will die a lot learning the patterns of the monsters. That's natural so don't think you're terrible at the game and give up.

Have I skipped the 3rd quest? I have opened up the Quest Board and can pick quests freely now, and I also have my companion. What is the tutorial quest named?

Grr. No Seregios Dissenter any time soon. (It's the rare item for Seregios, the plate/gem equivalent.)

Also, why do people always call monsters 'he' when they're not said to be male? Even here, too. Must be a fanbase thing. Kinda dumb.

Wow, I got lucky on that item. I got 4 out of 5 Seregios I've beaten and thought it was just a common item.

Kinsei

Banned
Have I skipped the 3rd quest? I have opened up the Quest Board and can pick quests freely now, and I also have my companion. What is the tutorial quest named?

If you opened up the quest board then you have done all of the tutorial quests. When you open the quest board go to the 1* quests and you'll see 14 weapon training quests.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Gore armor is just fine for low rank. It looks cool and it has pretty good protection. And Gore is fun to farm. I say go with Gore armor.

At that point? Rathalos or Velociprey.

Okay, I'll look into these, too. Bear in mind that I'm really just looking for an intermediate armor as I grow in Rank. I've gotten this far with unupgraded Jaggi armor, and I just want a moderate improvement to last me for another few ranks.

Gore is definitely fun to fight.

How about the Gore Magala Charge Blade?

Depends on your play style. What weapon are you using? Which skill would help you more?

I just started, really. Only Rank 3 so I haven't explored any skills. I'm not sure what I'd benefit the most from. I've been using the Charge Blade exclusively.

Qurupeke

Just beat Gore Magala after a great fight. It carted me once at the first 10 seconds though. lol The rage form is just brutal but the normal one is really easy.

Kinsei

Banned
Okay, I'll look into these, too. Bear in mind that I'm really just looking for an intermediate armor as I grow in Rank. I've gotten this far with unupgraded Jaggi armor, and I just want a moderate improvement to last me for another few ranks.

I just started, really. Only Rank 3 so I haven't explored any skills. I'm not sure what I'd benefit the most from. I've been using the Charge Blade exclusively.

I highly recommend you start doing the single player quests now. You really need to be able to craft decorations going forward, and it would also be beneficial to get a wystone before moving on to the high rank guild hall quests.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I highly recommend you start doing the single player quests now. You really need to be able to craft decorations going forward, and it would also be beneficial to get a wystone before moving on to the high rank guild hall quests.

I've done all of the initial quests, but I'm still on the expedition quests. Should I finish those as well?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Farming Pawprint Stamps is worst than running out of cool drinks during Powderstone delivery missions where you don't have lander and with Rhenoplos everywhere. There, I said it!

Kuntz

To the guys I was just hunting with (Davos, Kuntz, and MrPanic) Got dc'd due to a connection error.
Was good hunting with you guys, feel free to send me a friend request.
4382-1959-2873. My hunting name is Emanon.

Went to eat ***** davos' urgent (***** means after). I'll hop back soon

Added you.
2638-0002-9383.

How do I fight the Basarios again in LR Village quests? I remember fighting him as an Urgent to get into 4* I believe, but I haven't seen him since in any quest. Is he just not in a quest anymore?

Filth

Quick charge blade question. I understand the functions of the weapon but I didn't realize you could make your shield charge up and glow? I did it randomly yesterday. How do I do that again?

thefil

Man, Al Gore's weapons are metal as fuck.
I thought Zinogre was the metal-monster king, but the German names (excellent choice by 8-4) really seal the deal.
The Greatsword has a skull in the hilt! The DBs are fucking eyeball claws! It's really cool.
I was disappointed at first with the HH, since attack up's its only useable song, but after checking Ping's dex, the upgrade to purple gives it some really cool songs; earplugs, wind press negate, element attack up and Blight Resist/Blight Negate are all really useful.

I love this game so much!

Do we know for sure that 8-4 handled the localization?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Quick charge blade question. I understand the functions of the weapon but I didn't realize you could make your shield charge up and glow? I did it randomly yesterday. How do I do that again?

While performing the Final Charge attack with the Axe (X+A in neutral in Axe stance) as long as you have some phials, press RT. You'll store the attack in your shield, and the buff will last longer the more phials you used.

The charged shield gives you a 20% damage boost to all Axe attacks, buffs your block in general, allows you to gain a phial when utilizing auto-guard points, and allows you to spend the entire charged shield + additional phials for an ultimate attack.

You just activated Kaio-ken mode.

Just kidding, you need to cancel the Elemental Burst (X+A) with the R button.

R0ckman

It looks neat, though. Any alternative recommendations?

For story it's alright, can't say I'd recommend it for online. It has an ability that raises your attacks when monsters go into rage mode, if you like killing monsters quickly for farming, its okay. At the end of the day though, you'll be building around skills.

R0ckman

Anyone want to help me farm out gore feelers? It's getting boring soloing him and I can't for the life of me break his feelers in rage mode.

stock up on traps, shock and pit, you should be able to break them with a mount and a trap or two traps, if something goes wrong you can fall back on one of the 3 methods of immobilizing him.

Anyone have much luck getting desired Rust Shards/Ancient Shards or Battered Weapons?
I've been using the Rimeblade I got in a 3* quest (now upgraded 1x) as my main long sword for a while, but I haven't really found much else that great. I remember in MH3U, I got a God's Isle (LBG) that was so flipping good.

Prototype

Monsters seem to run away far more often I this game than in 3u. They will sometimes hinting ares and then leave seconds later. And the do it again. It's really annoying.

Monsters seem to run away far more often I this game than in 3u. They will sometimes hinting ares and then leave seconds later. And the do it again. It's really annoying.

Yeah, it feels like they flee really often.

Also, I didn't know helping someone beat their urgent online would not count as beating your own. Boo. Gore is a pub slayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom