• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voror

You can do one of the following things. Remember that you need to fill up at least one phial.

1. While in Axe mode, stand still and hit X+A to use the super burst and press R to cancel the attack and the shield will be charged
2. After a shield thrust (X+A after after attacks normal attacks in sword&shield mode), hit X+A again and you'll go straigth into super burst. Press R to cancel attack and charge the shield.

Thank you. Hopefully I'll be able to get the handle on it quick enough.

When you break a part it has a %chance to appear in the rewards window at the end of the quest.

If you finish a quest without breaking a great jaggi's face there is no chance for a frill to appear in that widow. If you did, then there is a 65% chance for the frill to appear in that window.

There are some parts that can be carved as well as rewarded from broken stuff, everything varies from monster to monster really.

Awesome. Very helpful. Thank you.

Looks like that tusk has an 80% chance to drop on break... and of course it didn't freaking drop.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Save the Palicos! I just killed the farting monkey-rhino, aw yeah

KHlover

Banned
I thought that chart referenced "enraged" status not "frenzy virus" status.

Ooooh. Sorry, I never played the game in English before, so I didn't know the official english name for the status and just assumed what it was based on the translation.

frenzy = Raserei, Rage

So I assumed with frenzy you meant Rage Mode.

Sorry.

LProtag

I can't believe I've already played 10 hours since I got this yesterday.

I have the Tetsucabra armor set and the Santoku Reaver for my GS. Where should I be looking to upgrade next?

I'm still pretty bad at the game, but I think I'm getting the hang of it, haha.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Ooooh. Sorry, I never played the game in English before, so I didn't know the official english name for the status and just assumed what it was based on the translation.

frenzy = Raserei, Rage

So I assumed with frenzy you meant Rage Mode.

Sorry.

Lol no problem I had a sneaking suspicion there was a language barrier thing when the kiranico link you gave me was not in english haha.

Thanks anyways!

I have the Tetsucabra armor set and the Santoku Reaver for my GS. Where should I be looking to upgrade next?

Keep at it! Monhun is the kind of game that just gets better the more you play, for greatswords there are a bunch of solid early game paths, try upgrading into the Nerscylla greatsword path which I believe comes from the bone blade tree, it goes to the thrash sword and then lets you make it into the immane blade which is from nerscylla parts. It's rather easy to build and it has an immense amount of green sharpness! It's follow up is also really good but beyond that I wouldn't bother too much with the line.

You can also go for the chieftain greatsword path and eventually build the gore magala great sword which is also pretty good as a lot of the bigger dragon like enemies are weak to the dragon element.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/greatsword Look here and see what you wanna build.

Cerity

re: frenzied monsters

I know that rathian gains an extra level of hardness. Green sharpness was bouncing off her body. Wouldn't be surprised if the same applied to other monsters.

KHlover

Banned

Just checked and Tetsucabra armor seems to have a similar defensive stat to the Nerscylla armor (slightly worse), which lasted my friends and me until High Rank.

You'll need stuff from the Volcano for your next weapon upgrade, so I think you should beeline to HR3 now if you aren't already.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/guild

EDIT: Or just continue on with SP story if that's what you've been playing so far lol

Hey guys I need some help. I'm currently "paused" outside of a small, inaccessible cave that the Great Jaggi has retreated into. I'm hunting the Great Jaggi for the first time. I was told that it's more rewarding to capture monsters instead of killing them. If I lay traps outside this cave and wait, will the Great Jaggi eventually come out and set off the trap?

Kinsei

Banned
I'm not the only one disappointed with the old subspecies, am I? P. Gypceros and B. Yian Kut-Ku are the exact same as their regular versions and the only new thing E. Congalala has is the ability to stick konchuu on his arms for armor.

Are they worth doing?

Guild quests? Yeah, if you're willing to level them up to 140.

Hey guys I need some help. I'm currently "paused" outside of a small, inaccessible cave that the Great Jaggi has retreated into. I'm hunting the Great Jaggi for the first time. I was told that it's more rewarding to capture monsters instead of killing them. If I lay traps outside this cave and wait, will the Great Jaggi eventually come out and set off the trap?

Capturing isn't more rewarding, it's different rewards. Anyways, no he will not come out of that cave. The cave was a shortcut to area 9 where he is now sleeping.

Raide

Not 100%. Best is to enter the room is has gone into and lay it in the path the monster will take to attack you or if its asleep, drop it on the monster.

You need to trap and then tranquilise it to count as a capture.

Palmer_v1

No. That cave is basically a monster shortcut. He will exit in another zone soon if he hasn't already. If you mark him by hitting him with a paintball, you can track what zone he's in on the mini-map.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Those inaccessible caves are tunnels to other map areas. Jaggy is probably sleeping in one. Find where he is sleeping and put a trap down, wake him up, get him to run in the trap, then use tranq bombs when he is trapped.

I love the gameplay of Monster Hunter, but I can't stand constantly looking at stat tables. My choices for armor comes down to basic defense, and if it looks cool.

Does no one else play Fashion Hunter?

Hit the great jaggi with a paint ball and you'll always keep track of where it runs off to. I'm not sure about traps because I'm just learning how to place them and make them, etc.

Anyone have a guide I can look for Insect glaive and charge blade? Monster hunter doesn't do a good job of explaining mechanics in game and I like to make sure I understand what the weapon can potentially do like I have no idea what charge blade AED thing is in the weapon control list.
Look up Gaijin hunter on YouTube, he has in depth explanations of every weapon.

Kinsei

Banned
I love the gameplay of Monster Hunter, but I can't stand constantly looking at stat tables. My choices for armor comes down to basic defense, and if it looks cool.

I do once I hit end game. Why bother making something cool in low or high rank when it will just become useless so soon?

Cerity

a pro-tip when it comes to capping monsters, you can throw tranq bombs before laying your trap down. Works great when it's limping away and you don't have enough time to lay a trap down before it gets to another area. Pretty cool to see it capped as soon as the trap gets triggered.

Also squat to gather quicker.

KHlover

Banned

Varia Suit +

DeusObelisk.png

Deus Obelisk

is what I want to rock in G Rank :3

EDIT: Although...Black Gore Buster also looks pretty nice

100px-2ndGen-Gunlance_Render_027.png

41 hours in, barely on 4* story quests, probably over 100 online hunts, and I have finally settled on a weapon: Insect Glaive is my love. Despite the lack of Glaives and the hassle of upgrading the Kinsect, the combat feels so right.

In other words, I spent over 6 hours helping my friend farm Rathian for a plate and Gore for feelers. Whatever, the game is so much fun. I made it to 3* in the guild hall too!

co1onel

I absolutely do not bother making anything if I don't like the way it looks. Looks comes before anything else.

I absolutely do not bother making anything if I don't like the way it looks. Looks comes before anything else.

I'm going for looks as well. And will use talismans and decorations to fix any negative stats. Just made Zinogre armor and all of Zinogre weapons that I use because I liked the way he looked.

Ricky 7

I mainly go for looks as well when it comes to armour. I made the S.Queen set because the head and body looked cool but I didn't know it had fat legs until I bought it all. >_<

Kane1345

Finally starting to work out Gore. As a GS user that tail needs to come off stat. Then it's all about getting behind him and charging and letting go as he turns around. He's much easier with IG though lol

Apharmd

I do too! You're not alone. Just wear whatever looks good man, as long as you're contributing instead of cart, it's all good.

Got the Gore bow. Thinking about getting the Zamtrios armor set for the skill that makes Raw Meat/Well Done Steak gives you unlimited stamina for a while (not sure about the duration).

For Bow users, what's the best strategy for resupplying Power coatings? Right now I'm just buying them from the shop but they are pretty expensive. I can make Nitroshrooms at the farm but they are not enough to keep up with the demand each hunt.

Oxirane

How useful to the group is the hunting horn in muiltplayer?
I've been trying to use it in solo play, but it feels like I'm giving up lots of power compared to the hammer.

ilium

Got the Gore bow. Thinking about getting the Zamtrios armor set for the skill that makes Raw Meat/Well Done Steak gives you unlimited stamina for a while (not sure about the duration).

For Bow users, what's the best strategy for resupplying Power coatings? Right now I'm just buying them from the shop but they are pretty expensive. I can make Nitroshrooms at the farm but they are not enough to keep up with the demand each hunt.

Yeah it's expensive in the beginning but Money becomes a non-issue later on. until then I try to mix it up, sometimes I craft, sometimes I buy. I also don't always use power coating. In a group with 3 other people hunting something not super difficult I usually just use the other coatings. (Don't tell anyone tho)

But tbh...
I mostly buy them because I'm lazy. /shrug

I've been trying to use it in solo play, but it feels like I'm giving up lots of power compared to the hammer.

Everybody loves HH!

Gaz_RB

I just buy them from the store. Bow is expensive man, but worth it.

Hunting horn is awesome in multiplayer, always brightens my day when someone in the room has one.

Raxus

I gotta stop being so stingy on my hunts. I am making hand over fist on cash so I am starting to use my coatings and Large Barrel Bombs. Defeated the dual spiders and the other combos so far. Not so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom