• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did nintendo publish this? My friend can't find a retail copy anywhere.

Yeah it was a pain in the ass to find. Last Friday I went to purchase it and couldn't find it anywhere...

GAF hype got to me and I did a digital copy.

Game is freaking amazing but I am no where near the level of all of you.

Teknoman

Gathering Hall ID: 65-4983-1998-2429
Passcode: 1212

HR1-HR2 stuff and maybe some Everwood Guild Quests or trying out Arena stuff inbetween.

360 no scoping with the Bow is pretty fun.

I want the Dahren Mohran armor set and Bow for that long ranged goodness.

But you need a Rathian Plate and a Ratholos Plate, makes no sense.

sonicmj1

I got my urgent for HR1 tonight, and I felt like slamming it out, but I got bored of waiting around for people in lobbies, so I just tackled it myself. It wasn't easy, but I was able to take Nerscylla down... just as he carted me with his final attack. I couldn't get back to his body in time to carve.

Ah well.

Teknoman

Disconnect? I abandoned the quest so you guys can rejoin.

Same passcode, new ID:

30-4084-3718-2193

Should've added to friends list to make it easier, but forgot about that.

Reknoc

High rank caravan unlocked, but just need to clean up the 6* stuff I have. Beat the Daiymo Hermitaur though, wasn't so bad but that hug move he has took a huge amount of my health.

Good hunting with you Teknoman and whoever Red/Rex were.

And yes Tekno, everyone should stop attacking except for the person that has mounted the monster. Otherwise the mounted person could get bucked off. If that's what you were asking?

Teknoman

Hi Gaf. HR 1 here.

Anyone wanna throw me through this? I'm still rocking the vanilla armor, lol

Sure, set up the room, I can go for a few more.

Good hunting with you Teknoman and whoever Red/Rex were.

And yes Tekno, everyone should stop attacking except for the person that has mounted the monster. Otherwise the mounted person could get bucked off. If that's what you were asking?

Yeah, thats what I was asking. Guess I should change my auto comment then lol.

Prototype

What about creating a universal gaf password? I'm going to be getting online here shortly, in the next couple days, still messing around offline.

Cerity

In need of some new armour I think, just failed that HR4 tetsu and gendrome hunt. Both were regularly hitting me for more than 1/2 health. Time go fashion hunting.

Made my tetsucabra armour set the other night - is there any reason I should use all of my armour spheres on it? They'll be replaced with another kind of upgrade material in HR right?

Made my tetsucabra armour set the other night - is there any reason I should use all of my armour spheres on it? They'll be replaced with another kind of upgrade material in HR right?
You might as well upgrade it as much as you can. That armor can pretty much last you until you can make high rank tetsu armor. Alternatively, you can make Jaggi S pretty early on in high rank. I tend to focus more on weapons upgrades in low/high rank, rather than farming for different armors.

This thing teleporting or is it just me?
Hey, you got any spots open? May play a few more rounds before crashing.

Teknoman

You might as well upgrade it as much as you can. That armor can pretty much last you until you can make high rank tetsu armor. Alternatively, you can make Jaggi S pretty early on in high rank. I tend to focus more on weapons upgrades in low/high rank, rather than farming for different armors.

Hey, you got any spots open? May play a few more rounds before crashing.

Yeah its one open in Earv's room. Im about to head out myself though, so it'll be 3 with you.

You'll get drowned in basic Armor Spheres eventually. There's no reason not to upgrade it and save yourself that extra little bit of pain.

Thanks, Tekno! Nerscylla is pretty cool!

I'd be up for helping you with some HR2 stuff, if you like.

Since I wont be able to get the n3DS for a while think ima have to go with the stop gap CPP. Does anyone know wheres the best and cheapest place to get it? I know it was 20$ on the Nintendo store but it doesnt seem to be there anymore.

Gaz_RB

Since I wont be able to get the n3DS for a while think ima have to go with the stop gap CPP. Does anyone know wheres the best and cheapest place to get it? I know it was 20$ on the Nintendo store but it doesnt seem to be there anymore.
I ordered one from the Nintendo store a year ago and I still haven't recieved it. I'd go eBay or Amazon sellers.

JimPanzer

It gets less frustrating as you put more stats into speed.

ye I know, but you can't get some of the juices from endgame monsters w/o using marking. and marking sucks. I've got 70+ hours with IG now and it still feels too dependent on lucking out.

It's fine in multiplayer, but you can get really screwed with endgame singleplayer quests if you can't manage to get red juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom