• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squall23

ye I know, but you can't get some of the juices from endgame monsters w/o using marking. and marking sucks. I've got 70+ hours with IG now and it still feels too dependent on lucking out.

It's fine in multiplayer, but you can get really screwed with endgame singleplayer quests if you can't manage to get red juice.
I understand where you're coming. Personally, I've looked at all monsters and kind of planned which weapon(s) I won't be using against them because of stupid monster moves or just the size of them lol.

Juraash

Another full night of hunting. Was pleasantly surprised how well Zinogre went. I think playing Greatsword this go around has really forced me to maximize my openings and take less risks for an extra hit. I still get a touch greedy on the charge, but I feel like my play has improved greatly over MHFU and 3U.

The highlight of the night was definitely the Seltas Queen. What an awesome design and it was a blast to fight. The look of the armor and weapons is super cool as well. It seems like the game just get a better with every new monster that pops up.

Reknoc

The Kinsect would be much more bearable if it worked like the marker and went off the camera instead of where the hunters looking. Can't get it to go up without a marker and if you're on an inclined area like the one in F. Seaway or if you're fighting a Rathalos in its nest in A.Steppes forgeddaboutit.

Fistwell

Just fought Rathian ... does he have any new moves?
uqob.gif

Kane1345

The Kinsect would be much more bearable if it worked like the marker and went off the camera instead of where the hunters looking. Can't get it to go up without a marker and if you're on an inclined area like the one in F. Seaway or if you're fighting a Rathalos in its nest in A.Steppes forgeddaboutit.

I like IG a lot and it's biggest short coming is the fact you cant send the kinsect up or down vertically at a monster in manual aiming. I actually shouted "WHATS THE POINT OF A RETICULE IF IT DOESNT GO WHERE IT'S POINTING!" at my screen once cause I was so frustrated at that :p

lol my bad I just got up. Still, not an excuse from a vet. Apologies indeed. I think I'll start calling monsters "it" to circumvent my ramblings in the morning when I've not had any coffee or breakfast.

Cerity

It always irks me when your palicoes heal you after you've completed the quest and the jingle is playing.

Where the hell were you 5 minutes ago when I carted

Qurupeke

Hmm, I'll probably go for the Gore Magala armor. It's not that it's really good but I love its design and I need to get better fighting its horned form.

So, i'm still at the beginning, starting the low rank 3 * village quests and since the bigger monsters starting to hit me like a truck, i'm looking for a decent armor set.

Thinking of making the Yian Kut Ku or maybe the Kecha Wacha set. Any recommendations?

Bastos

Hmm, I'll probably go for the Gore Magala armor. It's not that it's really good but I love its design and I need to get better fighting its horned form.
The skills aren't that great but it helped me a lot against blight and it looks awesome just like you said hehe. Just don't use it against Fire Wyverns, trust me @_@
So, i'm still at the beginning, starting the low rank 3 * village quests and since the bigger monsters starting to hit me like a truck, i'm looking for a decent armor set.

Thinking of making the Yian Kut Ku or maybe the Kecha Wacha set. Any recommendations?
Blademaster? If so, go with Velociprey and put some decorations to get Attack Up M

Kut-Ku or Velociprey have Atk Up S, which is good. You can farm either of these through the Guild Quest. But each time you beat it, it's a little harder the next time.

Alternatively, you can farm Tetsu armor which has Defense Up S and +20 health. This is what I've been using through most of low rank.

Reknoc

Tetsu is decent, plus it's easy to slot in a full health bar.

Velocidrome armor:

Attack up S (can be gemmed in for M or L depending on gems and talisman)
Halve Stun (can be gemmed for Negate Stun)
+7 points into Psychic, which you can gem for Detect or Autotracker

Really good set for Low Rank stuff, been rocking it into HR2 online. Another set I recommend if you want to go for a defensive style, is the Tetsu armor set: it gives +20 health and Defense +10 or +20, I think.

I used the Velociprey set up until very recently for the Attack skill. It was excellent.

First time I fought Zamtrios earlier, it went like this:

"I bet this monster is like an ice version of Plesioth"

Nope..

"Ok, a shark on roids. And wtf is that stance?"

*rage mode*

"Oh damn, it looks bad ass!"

*blob mode*

Hahahahaha

"Oh crap, it actually hits really hard!"

Such a weird, but interesting fight.

Kane1345

First time I fought Zamtrios earlier, it went like this:

"I bet this monster is like an ice version of Plesioth"

Nope..

"Ok, a shark on roids. And wtf is that stance?"

*rage mode*

"Oh damn, it looks bad ass!"

*blob mode*

Hahahahaha

"Oh crap, it actually hits really hard!"

Such a weird, but interesting fight.

The first time that blob thing happens it really does take you by surprise. One of my friends thought it was a bug for a second till I realised it was it's "Jabba the Hutt" mode lol

Interesting ...

I actually think the IG is near-if-not OP. Having trouble marking? If pressing L on a locked target doesn't fix it (I legit only recently found this out on my 2nd character cause I rushed through all the words on my first character ... it made a world of difference) then get in the monster's grill and slap it with the blunt part. Bug Buddy takes too long flying around? Beef up that bad boys speed or just stay closer to the monster. I tested a low level speed bug out and it's SOOO much more fluid. Nice to be able to send it out as I run after something and NOT have it just fly a bit ahead of my characters face lol.

The main drawback I see is that it's hard to aim the actual weapon's strikes with as much confidence and certainty as most others I have tried.

Are there any SnS experts out there? Am I better off upgrading through the Scale Sword path or Plesioth Finspike path for a sleep sword?

Plesioth path does more raw/sleep damage

Scale Sword path maxes out at 30% affinity (0% for Plesioth)

With a combination of Kutku and Velociprey/drone armor, as well as a weapon with a free gem slot, you can hit +20 attack in low rank armor.

The build:
Kut-ku Cap (this is important, even for Blade) @ 2 Att. gems
Kut-ku Mail @ 1 Att. gem
Velociprey Braces
Velociprey Tassets @ 2 Att. gems
Kut-ku Greaves @ 2 Att. gems
any weapon with 1 or more gem slot @ 1 Att. gem

Kaboom, Attack L before you fight Gore Magala. And you also get to look like a ninja. Have fun. :3

Interesting ...

I actually think the IG is near-if-not OP.

I dunno if it's OP, but Speed-main bugs are comically better than any other option. That's a serious trap for new players and I'm glad I realized that early. If anything holds IG back, it's that you can only really go ham with red+white, otherwise you simply don't have an infinite combo and going in can be risky otherwise.

Cerity

I think Zamtrios is overdesigned tbh, not aesthetically but from a gameplay perspective, he's got a massive moveset. Blob mode at the least should have been left to it's HR version.

Pila

Whoa, Khezu is creepy.

Do bounce bombs work on it when it's chilling on the ceiling? I love to make them fall

JimPanzer

Interesting ...

I actually think the IG is near-if-not OP. Having trouble marking? If pressing L on a locked target doesn't fix it (I legit only recently found this out on my 2nd character cause I rushed through all the words on my first character ... it made a world of difference) then get in the monster's grill and slap it with the blunt part. Bug Buddy takes too long flying around? Beef up that bad boys speed or just stay closer to the monster. I tested a low level speed bug out and it's SOOO much more fluid. Nice to be able to send it out as I run after something and NOT have it just fly a bit ahead of my characters face lol.

The main drawback I see is that it's hard to aim the actual weapon's strikes with as much confidence and certainty as most others I have tried.

it is definitely OP if you can get juice reliable. but as I said, getting juice can be really hard with frenzied late game monsters, even with cranked up speed to 150. Especially monsters like savage deviljho, silver rathalos, golden rathian give me a really hard time.

Cob32

Do apex monsters show up online? Be interesting to see how many online only people don't have the wymstones.

JimPanzer

Do apex monsters show up online? Be interesting to see how many online only people don't have the wymstones.

I think I saw a lets play with an apex monster in multiplayer, so ye.
btw. are the buffs of the stones also working on/against non-apex monsters?

Prototype

What is a good set for Online HR Rank 4 to farm?
I just made the Jagi S set, had been rocking low rank the whole time and it was starting to catch up to me haha.

So far that set gas been great. Built it up a little and now I'm taking reasonable damage from high rank monsters.

hey guys, are some of you down for some 2* quests? zamtrios, najarala, the stinking monkey and if all goes well, the rathian ? need to uprank.
the room is 11 6909 6978 2947. code is 0307.
I main CB. people say I am a nice guy:)

So I started the game and jumped straight to the Kut Ku arena challenge. :lol

What a great start! I carted twice, ran out of potions, and it took me 20 minutes to kill the beast. Got 2 bird coins! SO GOOD!

I need to get used to the New 3DS though.

Nohar

I hate the Yuan Garuga. Tough monster overall, he just keep moving everywhere, and on top of that he is very reluctant to drop anything remotely interesting or necessary for crafting. Not to mention the Guild Quest awards little to no money.

I just want those beautiful Dual Blades.

Min-maxing at low rank. Now I've seen it all.

It doesn't even take that much effort, though. The only hard part are the Kutku ears and those are pretty easy so long as you break the head.

Besides, recreate the set at S level and pair it with a two-slot weapon, and kaboom: Attack XL and you still (barely) avoid Defense Down.

Either way, dude wanted an armor set and that works well.

Qurupeke

Hey, if anyone is interested, I've made a room for Gore Magala hunting(LR).

35-4507-2887-2425 Pass: 7777

I really have trouble breaking the feelers so a hammer user would be appreciated.

Jindrael

Banned
Currently using a mix of low and high rank Velocidrome armor.

Active skills are Attack up(L),Auto-tracker and Halve Stun, no negative effects!
It's a nice set so far :D

I wish Monster Hunter would stop bundling skills with armor and would just phase the skills out to only Decorations+Talismans.
I want to wear quite a few armor sets because I like the design but the min-max person in me stops me because the armor is just bad...

Kyzer

Banned
Killed a great jaggi for the first time yesterday, and the game really clicked. Finally. Ah dat moment. Ive been trying to feel that about this game since MH on ps2. Guess I'm about that gunlance for now.

Sitrus

Thanks! In the end it was the cooldown from another trap.

Fucking hate capture missions.

I always capture since I find it easier than hunting them, plus we get rarer stuff from capturing too. Too bad we have to make those tranquilizer bombs and they aren't cheap in the long run. (just time-consuming)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom