• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...

I haven't been able to find it...

Any discussion around the insect glaive and the charge sword and how they perform in relation to the more established weapons?

Nevermind...youtube for the win...

The insect glaive seems incredibly deep. o_O

I don't have the New 3DS but framerate is fine on the old model. It's pretty sweet while playing single player, it's not wonderful while doing four people hunts but, if you were fine with 3U on the Wii U, you'll be fine with 4U on the old 3DS.

Sooooo I went to a local shop and they don't have the game :/ place is flooded with Majora boxes but no MH, they told me I should check tomorrow. Yeah sure no thanks, just got it from the eShop, downloading as we speak.

Can't wait to start playing!

what was the fps on wii u? i thought it was bad. I'm just wondering to see if i need a new 3ds or not

The major downside of having it ship to a PO Box: My Tracking number apperently doesn't provide active tracking with PO Box's. It's shipped so I know it's coming, but I pretty much am going to stop by the post office once a day starting this evening. (I suppose I won't bother though with the weekend thanks to no shipping on those days).

It's too bad it didn't release on Tuesday. I mean I understand that Nintendo has this along with Majora's Mask for it's New 3DS lineup, but late ordering always sucks for getting things shipped.

Although I suppose I can at least use this time to think of names for my hunter and Ace Palico. It might be hard without knowing what I want them to look like though. I know nothing besides that my hunter will be male and darker skin, so it may be best to come up with a name once I have the character customization down.

Pila

what was the fps on wii u? i thought it was bad. I'm just wondering to see if i need a new 3ds or not

Sorry mate I'm bad at estimating fps on 3D games. If you have an old 3DS, I suggest you to download the MH4U demo and see for yourself, you can play online and test multiplayer performance.

If you don't have a 3DS yet, just get the new one.

Is the performance of the demo and the main game pretty comparable? I personally didn't see any huge issues with the demo in terms of FPS, loading, etc. I'm sure things are indeed smoother on the n3DS but there was nothing on the vanilla XL that I found to be actively offensive to my senses or anything.

Omg I just discovered you can organize the touch screen the way you want, just perfec

Yeah, it changes the on-screen HUD too, which is nice. So you can put the map down there if you want to free up space on the upper screen, for example. Be sure to get rid of the virtual d-pad to free up space down there if you're using an n3DS or a CPP.

jorgejjvr

Can someone explain to me how the online works on the full game? Can I make a room and let fellow gaf members join? Without even having adding them as friends?

And can I progress through the game with solely online or do I need single player?

I'm currently doing two jobs and get home at around 7 pm almost every day, I can only do a couple of hours of game play a day to then get ready for the next day. So I would like to just be able to hunt monsters with fellow gaf members on that small time frame, to enjoy it as much as possible

Kinsei

Banned
Can someone explain to me how the online works on the full game? Can I make a room and let fellow gaf members join? Without even having adding them as friends?

And can I progress through the game with solely online or do I need single player?

I'm currently doing two jobs and get home at around 7 pm, I can only do a couple of hours of game play a day to then get ready for the next day. So I would like to just b able to hunt monsters with fellow gaf members on that small time frame, to enjoy it as much as possible

Yes, you can make rooms and have Gaffers not on your friends list join.

No you can't only play online. You'll just be dead weight on Apex hunts without the stones you earn through single player.

jorgejjvr

Yes, you can make rooms and have Gaffers not on your friends list join.

No you can't only play online. You'll just be dead weight on Apex hunts without the stones you earn through single player.

You unlock stuff in single player mode that is necessary for later hunts.
So do you recommend that I strictly stick to single player first and THEN online? And will it be obvious what I will need on single player and how to get it?

Kinsei

Banned
So do you recommend that I strictly stick to single player first and THEN online? And will it be obvious what I will need on single player and how to get it?

You get what you need through the storyline, in fact I'm pretty sure you get the second stone slot for beating the final boss.

Apex hunts don't start appearing until G rank so you can still go through low and high rank online before getting the stones.

jorgejjvr

You get what you need through the storyline, in fact I'm pretty sure you get the second stone slot for beating the final boss.

Apex hunts don't start appearing until G rank so you can still go through low and high rank online before getting the stones.
Okay, I guess I'll spend my time throughout single player first, and maybe a couple of online as well here and there :) I just unfortunately don't have as much time as back in the day lol. But hopefully I can do a couple of low level monster with you guys tonight

Okay, I guess I'll spend my time throughout single player first, and maybe a couple of online as well here and there :) I just unfortunately don't have as much time as back in the day lol. But hopefully I can do a couple of low level monster with you guys tonight
Let's all gang up on Great Jaggies!

Exile20

Can't you just play online and rank up and have fun then play single player later? Wouldn't singleplayer be easier then? I don't enjoy hunting alone, multiplayer only for me.

Korten

Banned
Has anyone invented a few hours time travel? :p

Just like 6 or so more hours till I go and pick the game up with my new 3DS!

Thoraxes

yeah, was going to say, saw this in my inbox.

pf9tuRA.png

I wish having it pre-installed with the LE got me that!

Nicko

So I just completed the download and received an error message while trying to redeem the theme code. Any idea where I can get it back? It's not showing up in my redownloadable software, nor is it in the theme shop.

I had the same exact thing happen to me... When I tried to download, I got an error, then couldn't find it anywhere to redownload... :( If anyone figures out how to redownload, please let us know!!!

Renoir

I had the same exact thing happen to me... When I tried to download, I got an error, then couldn't find it anywhere to redownload... :( If anyone figures out how to redownload, please let us know!!!

go in ur purchase history, then look at the receipt the code should be there

Wow, I had not been keeping up with this at all, so much cool looking content! I just got kidnapped onto the hype train, will pick this up this weekend.

deim0s

5hours in and Nercylla is down. Man, Gypercos is too easy with the charge blade. Now I'm wondering when do I get to buy potions? :p

iiicon

Ah sorry, I figured it out and forgot to update my post. Go to settings -> account activity in the eShop to view your Monster Hunter receipt. There should be a download code near the bottom. The download code only works in the Theme Shop, btw. If you enter it in the eShop you'll just get another error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom