• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko

Ah sorry, I figured it out and forgot to update my post. Go to settings -> account activity in the eShop to view your Monster Hunter receipt. There should be a download code near the bottom. The download code only works in the Theme Shop, btw. If you enter it in the eShop you'll just get another error.

Thank you so so much!! It worked!! I wonder if the issue was due to the theme being distributed via eshop and not theme shop... I would expect lots of people to have troubles..

And yea!! The theme is very cool!!! Thanks Capcom!

Shengar

I just waste my first five hours doing legwork, collecting basic scrub resources. It was fun!
No it wasn't, after 2 hours at least. I hope they still have a farm or equivalent of it or otherwise I'll go riot.

Nachos

What are the benefits for the new 3ds for the game? Other than the c stick
FAQ's got you covered:
Q. Is there any benefit to playing this on a New Nintendo 3DS?
A. Aside from having access to two additional buttons and a right analogue stick without needing to use the Circle Pad Pro, MH4U also benefits from much faster load times, improved texture rendering, and not needing to pull additional system memory (meaning that the game won't need to reboot after closing the game). Some weapons, such as the insect glaive and the ranged weapons benefit from having a second stick, but the game also provides a virtual D-Pad on the touch screen to serve as a decent approximate. For all other cases, the soft lock-on system introduced with 3 Ultimate should be more than adequate.

wiibomb

4bAsdCn.jpg

my friend just did this

Einbroch

Banned
My Gamestop last night was...an experience. The guy right in front of me smelled so damn awful. I mean, I know the joke that gamers are smelly dudes, but wow. I had to leave the line and just walked to the back of it. The guy that replaced me gave me a look right afterwords and I just shrugged and laughed. He toughed it out.

In my new spot, the guy two spots in front of me would not shut up about which way was best to do a system transfer. He would shout over the employees with "hilarious" quips about Nintendo being the best company, how Sony and Microsoft suck, how real gamers played on Nintendo platforms. He turned behind him and asked if we were "true Nintendo brothers".

I said I didn't even have a Wii U. He asked why I was even there. I said I wanted to play Monster Hunter, never played it before and my brothers play it a lot. He snorted and told me good luck. He then said if I wanted he could give me his Friend Code and I could see how a "real gamer" played the game. I just shook my head with a "wtf" look on my face and said "Nah, I'm good". He then continued to lecture the line on why Nintendo was the best and how to do system transfers.

The whole experience was weird.

Oh, the game is alright. Still just looking for mushrooms and shit, so it's a little boring. But I'm sure it'll get better.

My Gamestop last night was...an experience. The guy right in front of me smelled so damn awful. I mean, I know the joke that gamers are smelly dudes, but wow. I had to leave the line and just walked to the back of it. The guy that replaced me gave me a look right afterwords and I just shrugged and laughed. He toughed it out.

In my new spot, the guy two spots in front of me would not shut up about which way was best to do a system transfer. He would shout over the employees with "hilarious" quips about Nintendo being the best company, how Sony and Microsoft suck, how real gamers played on Nintendo platforms. He turned behind him and asked if we were "true Nintendo brothers".

I said I didn't even have a Wii U. He asked why I was even there. I said I wanted to play Monster Hunter, never played it before and my brothers play it a lot. He snorted and told me good luck. He then said if I wanted he could give me his Friend Code and I could see how a "real gamer" played the game. I just shook my head with a "wtf" look on my face and said "Nah, I'm good". He then continued to lecture the line on why Nintendo was the best and how to do system transfers.

Oh, the game is alright. Still just looking for mushrooms and shit, so it's a little boring. But I'm sure it'll get better.

My friend had a similar story at the Majora Mask launch lineup. What is it with Nintendo launches and man children.

Pila

Lol, I'm a big Nintendo fan and I wouldn't even knew how to reply. What the hell ^^ people scare me off.

Anyway, leaving the office right now. Time to hunt.

wiibomb

I'm thinking about deleting the pre installed version when I get my bundle since It's the kind of game I would prefer having in physical version

Yeah I'm crazy

and why not have both? I mean, you can buy the physical version and also keep the digital in the 3DS, sure, you cannot transfer the saves back and forth, but you never know when you want to use it for any purpose

is the patch up too?

yes

that was awful, I hate the so called "righteous gamers" telling others their opinion as a fact, fortunately I met some wonderful people that are very different from that

Nachos

I said I didn't even have a Wii U.
Way to let a brotha down.

I'm genuinely surprised that those kinds of fanboys still exist, but then again, I mostly stick to niche gaming communities nowadays.

ys45

This is exactly why I mostly buy online since 2 years I'm tired of those kind of experience , last time I went to a game store the guy was arguing with me that Hyrule Warriors release date was not a Friday but on next Tuesday -_-

and why not have both? I mean, you can buy the physical version and also keep the digital in the 3DS, sure, you cannot transfer the saves back and forth, but you never know when you want to use it for any purpose

Yeah I thought about that but from what your saying, Saves between digital and physical copy are not compatible am I correct ?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So is gore magala the 2 star urgent or something? I've been looking at weapon trees while at work and the first gore magala weapon is like a rare 3.

Must mean that it comes pretty early in the village quests I figure?

Also is the quest set up still the same as in previous games? 1 star village quests are just like 5 or so resource gathering things then 2 star are the first real batch of hunts with half being kill 10 of small shits and the other half being intro big hunts?

Got my game and might be pulling an all nighter with this! If there is a skpe chat or something that all the MH GAF is on how do I join?

Played for 2 hours so far and I've done Seltas, Velocidrome and G.jaggi all of which got murked in under 5 minutes a piece. Jaggi more like 2. Pretty sure it wasn't that bitch made in 3U.

Also the chime for new records, achievements, unlocking cutscenes etc. is awful. Changed for nothing

Exile20

Played for 2 hours so far and I've done Seltas, Velocidrome and G.jaggi all of which got murked in under 5 minutes a piece. Jaggi more like 2. Pretty sure it wasn't that bitch made in 3U.

Also the chime for new records, achievements, unlocking cutscenes etc. is awful. Changed for nothing

What weapon did u use?

Sane_Man

This game is consuming my life!

I just added my friend code details to the spreadsheet and sent friend requests to most of the Gafers on there with time zones at GMT or there abouts. Hopefully some of you add me back so we can play together!

wiibomb

Oh hey guys what's goin.... oh.

image.php
vs.png
image.php

image.php

we now need just one more!!!

Yeah I thought about that but from what your saying, Saves between digital and physical copy are not compatible am I correct ?
you can export your physical save to the digital game, but you cannot export from your digital game to the physical.. there's the rub

Ristlager

My sons 3DS hasn´t been able to charge itself for over a year now, so I tried one last time now to fix it, and lo and behold did nothing and now it work (the Monster Hunter gods must have been good to me). But looking at that smal ass screen (I have been playing a lot of the iOS version of MHFU). Has anyone tried it on the OG 3DS? Is the screen to small for the game or isn´t a gamebreaker.

Kinsei

Banned
So who did you pick, Mario or Luigi?

My sons 3DS hasn´t been able to charge itself for over a year now, so I tried one last time now to fix it, and lo and behold did nothing and now it work (the Monster Hunter gods must have been good to me). But looking at that smal ass screen (I have been playing a lot of the iOS version of MHFU). Has anyone tried it on the OG 3DS? Is the screen to small for the game or isn´t a gamebreaker.

I played the demo on the OG 3DS and it was fine.

This game is consuming my life!

I just added my friend code details to the spreadsheet and sent friend requests to most of the Gafers on there with time zones at GMT or there abouts. Hopefully some of you add me back so we can play together!

Wheres the spreadsheet with peoples friend codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom